Baptized by ONE Spirit = Christ's Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017

1 Cor 12:13 For by one [Holy] Spirit we were all baptized into one body, [spiritually transformed—united together] whether Jews or Greeks (Gentiles), slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one [Holy] Spirit [since the same Holy Spirit fills each life].
Bible source link: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Corinthians+12&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: Only Christ baptizes with the Holy Spirit [Matt 3:11, Lk 3:16, Mk 1:8, Jn 1:33]. All believer's drink from this Living Water [Jn 4:10, 6:35, 7:37-38, Rev 2:17 Jer 17:13]. Christ's eternal indwelling salvation sealing Holy Spirit [Eph 1:13, 2 Cor 1:22 & Eph 4:30]

Col 2:11 In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but by the [spiritual] circumcision of Christ in the stripping off of the body of the flesh [the sinful carnal nature]
Bible source link:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+2&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: OT covenant of circumcision was physical & done/performed with hands. The NT circumcision is Spiritual & performed/done by the Lord Jesus without hands. (Deut 30:6)

Gal 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ [into a spiritual union with the Christ, the Anointed] have clothed yourselves with Christ [that is, you have taken on His characteristics and values].
Bible source link: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+3&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: The believer is clothed [via Christ's H/S] with a white robe of righteousness/salvation [Job 29:14, Isa 61:10, Zec 3:4, Rev 19:7-8)

Eph 4:
4 There is one body [of believers] and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when called [to salvation]
(MY NOTE: One body/church, one Spirit/Holy Spirit)

5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Bible source link:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+4&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: One Lord/Jesus, one baptism/Holy Spirit & one faith/the faith OF
Christ [Gal 2:16, 2:20, 3:22, Rom 3:22] & those that place their faith in it/Him)

All praise, glory, honor belong to the Lord Jesus. Amen

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Emblem definition: a symbolic representation of a particular quality or concept.

Water baptism is an emblem of the true NT spiritual baptism/circumcision/covenant seal. Done only by Christ & without hands.

Water baptism is an outwardly public declaration of the inner spiritual change & identified oneself with the death, burial & resurrection of Chris.

Today water baptism is neither a conduit nor a requirement for salvation.

While Christ is still alive & the Temple was still operating under the OT/covenant rules. The order was water baptism 1st, then receive the Holy Spirit.

For a Jew during that timeframe. A public confession that Jesus was Lord. Was seen as idolatry & opened one up to severe persecution.

Ja 1:1 Written primarily to Jews that had to flee Jerusalem for their lives. Acts 1:1-2 Saul breathing out threats of slaughter against disciples of the Lord. Goes unto the high priest to get letters & proceeds to Damascus synagogues. Find any believer, man or women. Bringing them back in chains to Jerusalem to be punished.

This water baptism 1st, Holy Spirit 2nd, continues for 6-7 yrs post Christ death.

Scripture proclaims [Rom 1:16, 2:9-10] Salvation was to be offered 1st to the Jew then to the gentile.

This baptism process inverts to Holy Spirit 1st & water baptism 2nd. At Cornelius house [Acts 10]. Jesus' death had broken down the middle wall of partition between Jew & gentile [Eph 2:14]. This timeline gave the Jews a post Pentecost Shemita of exclusive salvation invitation.

Salvation is accessed [Rom 5:1-2, Eph 2:8] by Grace thru Faith, placed in the redemptive sin atoning death, burial & resurrection of the Lord Jesus [1 Cor 15:1-4].

Jn 12:24 Jesus said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, except a corn of wheat falls into the ground & die "it abides alone" but "if it dies" "it bringeth forth much fruit"

Water baptism sets the believer up, to begin producing Godly fruits. Another important Christ given decree is partaking in the Lord's supper. The Lord's Supper "nourishes & sustains" those already born again, His Church/Body.

Jn 6:53 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood; ""ye have NO LIFE in you""

Without spiritual life you'll won't be able to reproduce (soul winning).

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
The Church of Corinth was the most carnal church in the NT. This proves to me that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is one of the things that happens at the moment of faith in Christ. Like salvation, they didn't do anything to earn or deserve this. It was by grace through faith.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Are you 100 percent certain the baptism in 1 co 12:13 is not full immersion water baptism?

Key points:

The 'we' in this book is the church at Corinth.... not the entity of every believer.

'Ye are the body of Christ'

The body being described in this book is of the church at Corinth... not any kind or universal body (if that even exists)

So Paul was baptized in reference to the church he joined earlier and the Corinthians were baptized in reference to the church body they joined.

The Holy Spirit indwells a believer at salvation.. but joining a local church body comes after.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Are you 100 percent certain the baptism in 1 co 12:13 is not full immersion water baptism?

Key points:

The 'we' in this book is the church at Corinth.... not the entity of every believer.

The body being described in this book is of the church at Corinth... not any kind or universal body (if that even exists)

So Paul was baptized in reference to the church he joined earlier and the Corinthians were baptized in reference to the church body they joined.

The Holy Spirit indwells a believer at salvation.. but joining a local church body comes after.
"13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

It looks like it to me Wattie.
For by one "baptistry" are we all baptized into one body? .... I don't see anything about water, but I do about the Holy Spirit.
Please feel free to read the whole chapter. It starts with the context of spiritual gifts.
I Corinthians 12

1. Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
  2. 2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
  3. 3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
  4. 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
  5. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
  6. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
  7. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
  8. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
  9. 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
  10. 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
  11. 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
On your last point, I don't have any reason to think that Paul is referring to a "universal"/ catholic church. He's talking to the assembly at Corinth. I think that they are an example to us that baptism of the Holy Spirit is not what the TV preachers like Benny Hinn describes when he bops them on the head.
There's a stark contrast.
There is one or more spiritual gift given at the receiving of God's gift of salvation.
All received the Holy Spirit Who indwells them and baptizes them at faith in the gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
I think they were baptized by the Holy Spirit before they were by water.
Does that make sense, or do you think the baptism here is water?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Emblem definition: a symbolic representation of a particular quality or concept.

Water baptism is an emblem of the true NT spiritual baptism/circumcision/covenant seal. Done only by Christ & without hands.

Water baptism is an outwardly public declaration of the inner spiritual change & identified oneself with the death, burial & resurrection of Chris.

Today water baptism is neither a conduit nor a requirement for salvation.
Amen. (y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Blood of Jesus Christ and
Body of Jesus Christ gives
Salvation.

Water Baptism and
Holy Spirit Baptism gives
Born Again.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Salvation.

Water Baptism and
Born Again.
Salvation and being "Born Again" are synonymous. The only "water baptism" required for being Born Again is the one in our mother's womb (the first birth.)

John 3
4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

-

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017

Key points:

A couple of points:

Paul didn't just join the Corinth church he started it. He started all the churches in Asia Minor (Turkey today).

The verse below tells who Paul sent this letter to: The believers in Corinth, being a part of ALL believers everywhere that name Jesus as their Lord & Savior = One church/the Body of Christ.

1 Cor 1:2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified (set apart, made holy) in Christ Jesus, who are selected and called as saints (God’s people), together with all those who in every place call on and honor the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

Find here 5 books & many verses (there are more).

1 Cor 10:16,17, 12:12,25,26,27,
Rom 12:4-5,
Col 1:18, 1:24, 2:19, 3:15
Eph 4:4,11,13,15,16 5:23,29,30,
Gal 3:27

Paul wrote each epistle, with greeting to believers specifically, in each place.

All Speaking of One unified group/church = the Body of Christ

oyster67

May 24, 2014
The verse below tells who Paul sent this letter to: The believers in Corinth, being a part of ALL believers everywhere that name Jesus as their Lord & Savior = One church/the Body of Christ.

1 Cor 1:2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified (set apart, made holy) in Christ Jesus, who are selected and called as saints (God’s people), together with all those who in every place call on and honor the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:
Amen!!! (y)

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Water baptism doesn't/can't provide salvation/eternal life. Only Christ has that God given/earned/paid for ability.

Anybody can immerse someone into water. If someone is making faith statements/confessions trying to cover their bases (make someone else happy [a spouse, parent etc or get trying to get something for nothing]. They are only fooling themselves.

Having said that one's actions are a sign of their faith. The Lord Jesus gave a decree. Every believer should partake in water baptism & the Lord's supper.

The Message Bible

Jer 17:
9-10 “The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be.”
Read here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah+17&version=MSG

1 Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

True faith comes from the heart & knowing what/Who they are trusting in & what they're committing to.

Christ knows everyone's true heart. Only He can impute His righteousness onto believer & their sins onto Himself. He never makes a mistake, when He (Only He can) Baptizes someone with His Holy Spirit they are sealed saved & forever secured by Him! Amen

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
It looks like it to me Wattie.
For by one "baptistry" are we all baptized into one body? .... I don't see anything about water, but I do about the Holy Spirit.
Please feel free to read the whole chapter. It starts with the context of spiritual gifts.
I Corinthians 12

1. Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
  2. 2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
  3. 3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
  4. 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
  5. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
  6. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
  7. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
  8. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
  9. 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
  10. 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
  11. 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
On your last point, I don't have any reason to think that Paul is referring to a "universal"/ catholic church. He's talking to the assembly at Corinth. I think that they are an example to us that baptism of the Holy Spirit is not what the TV preachers like Benny Hinn describes when he bops them on the head.
There is one or more spiritual gift given at the receiving of God's gift of salvation.
All received the Holy Spirit Who indwells them and baptizes them at faith in the gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
I think they were baptized by the Holy Spirit before they were by water.
Does that make sense, or do you think the baptism here is water?[/QUOTE]

On the surface of the verse it has S for spirit, and being baptised BY the Holy Spirit, but when you go to the Greek, the spirit is not capitalised and BY could also be 'in'.. and so for the first part of the verse ..13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, .. it could read 'for in one spirit, are we all baptized into one body'

Now you would probably say this is changing words and mutilating the translation.. but look at the other instances of 'body' and 'church' through the book of Corinth and it isn't speaking of the entity of every believer. Even at the beginning.. it is unto the church at Corinth for distribution to other churches, not individual christians seperate from churches.

So where do you find the Holy Spirit immersing people into a local church body in other parts of scripture? You don't. You do find people being baptised by immersion in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.. but not the Holy Spirit baptising them into a church.

Now.. just to add that the bible of course does speak of an entity of every believer.. and that is the Family of God. This does have every believer. But the body of Christ is not the same entity.. and has inherent in it.. locality and visibility.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
  1. 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
  2. 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
  3. 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
All received the Holy Spirit Who indwells them and baptizes them at faith in the ?
So where do you find the Holy Spirit immersing people into a local church body in other parts of scripture? You don't. You do find people being baptised by immersion in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.. but not the Holy Spirit baptising them into a church.

Now.. just to add that the bible of course does speak of an entity of every believer.. and that is the Family of God. This does have every believer. But the body of Christ is not the same entity.. and has inherent in it.. locality and visibility.

The issue concerning salvation is one of faith in the One Who died for our sins, was buried and arose the third day.
When someone chooses to believe on Christ regarding that, they are baptized by the Holy spirit. I won't split hairs on whether there's an invisible catholic church or not. Right now my church is invisible to me because I can't see them because they are elsewhere and we aren't assembled for the purpose for which God ordained.

Acts 2

"36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

These were baptized by the Holy Spirit regardless of whether or not they got wet that day. These were in large part Jews who accused Jesus of being a criminal. However, thousands repented of that when they realized that they crucified the Son of God.
That is when they were baptized by the Holy Spirit and saved .

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
While Christ is still alive & the Temple was still operating under the OT/covenant rules. The order was water baptism 1st, then receive the Holy Spirit.
From where are you getting this false scenario?

The Holy Spirit could not be given until and unless Christ had been crucified, resurrected, and ascended back to Heaven. See Acts 1 and 2. So there were no such "OT/covenant rules". John's baptism was for Israel and those who were baptized were repenting of their sins in preparation for receiving the Messiah.

Regarding the spiritual baptisms in Scripture, there are in fact TWO: (1) the baptism WITH the Spirit with Christ as the Baptizer and (2) the baptism BY the Spirit, with the Holy Spirit as the Baptizer. (There is no such thing as the baptism IN the Spirit in Scripture).

It was John the Baptizer who said that Christ would baptize WITH the Holy Ghost. This is in fact the gift of the Holy Spirit. And it was Paul who said that the Holy Spirit would baptize believers into the Body of Christ. So this is baptism BY the Spirit. For all practical purposes these two baptisms are simultaneous.

Following the baptism WITH the Spirit, water baptism by immersion is seen as a commandment in Acts 10. Gentiles first received the gift of the Holy Ghost (spoke in tongues as evidence of having received that gift) and were then immediately baptized through water baptism. But as we see in Acts 2, those 3,000 Jews who were saved simply received the gift of the Holy Ghost and were then baptized. There is no record of all of them speaking in tongues. However, the believing Jews who accompanied Peter needed some visible and audible proof that the Gentiles had also received the Holy Spirit. So this was an exception, not the rule.

Aug 2, 2021

1 Cor 12:13 For by one [Holy] Spirit we were all baptized into one body, [spiritually transformed—united together] whether Jews or Greeks (Gentiles), slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one [Holy] Spirit [since the same Holy Spirit fills each life].
Bible source link: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Corinthians+12&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: Only Christ baptizes with the Holy Spirit [Matt 3:11, Lk 3:16, Mk 1:8, Jn 1:33]. All believer's drink from this Living Water [Jn 4:10, 6:35, 7:37-38, Rev 2:17 Jer 17:13]. Christ's eternal indwelling salvation sealing Holy Spirit [Eph 1:13, 2 Cor 1:22 & Eph 4:30]

Col 2:11 In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but by the [spiritual] circumcision of Christ in the stripping off of the body of the flesh [the sinful carnal nature]
Bible source link:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+2&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: OT covenant of circumcision was physical & done/performed with hands. The NT circumcision is Spiritual & performed/done by the Lord Jesus without hands. (Deut 30:6)

Gal 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ [into a spiritual union with the Christ, the Anointed] have clothed yourselves with Christ [that is, you have taken on His characteristics and values].
Bible source link: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+3&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: The believer is clothed [via Christ's H/S] with a white robe of righteousness/salvation [Job 29:14, Isa 61:10, Zec 3:4, Rev 19:7-8)

Eph 4:
4 There is one body [of believers] and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when called [to salvation]
(MY NOTE: One body/church, one Spirit/Holy Spirit)

5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Bible source link:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+4&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: One Lord/Jesus, one baptism/Holy Spirit & one faith/the faith OF
Christ [Gal 2:16, 2:20, 3:22, Rom 3:22] & those that place their faith in it/Him)

All praise, glory, honor belong to the Lord Jesus. Amen
ONE SPIRIT ONE SAVIOR ONE GOSPEL ONE BODY ONE FATHER

Jesus commandment = "What God has placed together let no man separate"

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Salvation.

Water Baptism and
Born Again.
Sorry I hit accidently hit the reply button.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
From where are you getting this false scenario?.
The Promise foretold
Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send ""the promise"" of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high
(MY NOTE: Jesus teaches he will send "the promise" the Father made him)

Act 1:
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for "the promise" of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me
(MY NOTE: Jesus tells them to wait in Jerusalem for "the promise" of the Father)

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days hence.
(MY NOTE: Jesus foretells the giving/baptism/out pouring/PROMISE of the indwelling Holy Spirit to come)

Promise Fulfilled

Acts 2:4 And they were all "filled with the Holy Spirit" and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance
(NOTE: Here is the Promise; "filled with the Holy Spirit" the new covenant begins right here. Christ's baptism with His salvation sealing FOREVER indwelling Holy Spirit)

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear
(MY NOTE: After Christ's glorification/resurrection. Christ sends the Promise given to Him from the Father = Holy Spirit)

Jn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(MY NOTE: The Comforter < {translators Capitalized showing deity} = Holy Spirit will abide with FOREVER)

New Covenant Spiritual Seal: Christ's baptism of the FOREVER indwelling Holy Spirit

Gentiles receive (the FOREVER abiding Comforter/Holy Spirit) No water baptism needed!

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the word.
(MY NOTE: They Believed (vs43) & as Peter spoke (vs44) The Holy Spirit fell on them (vs45). No water baptism, No circumcision, No personal sin repentance (10:1 say's this Italian gentile Cornelius was a devout man that feared God), they brought no sin sacrifice to the Temple, No law keeping etc) REREAD Jn 14:16 above: This Spiritual seal will abide with you FOREVER.

Eph 3:6 This mystery is that thru the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of 1 body, & sharers together in the promise "in Christ"
(NOTE: Paul shares a God hidden mystery/secret: Gentiles share in the PROMISED FOREVER abiding Holy Spirit)

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is "Christ in you", the hope of glory:
(MY NOTE: Christ/God's Spirit FOREVER abiding in you)

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given unto us.
(MY NOTE: How did the gentile receive Christ' FOREVER abiding Holy Spirit baptism? Through water baptism? NO!. By Faith & faith alone! Placed in Christ' sin atoning death & resurrection)

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.
(MY NOTE: You heard the gospel of your salvation = Christ died for your sins, was buried & rose on the 3rd day (1 cor 15:1-4) You believed/had Faith & were FOREVER SEALED with Christs Holy Spirit)

The Jewish message was repent & be baptized:
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+2&version=AMP

(MY NOTE: Repent & be water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins & you'll receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The message for today is: Place your faith in the sin atoning death & resurrection of Christ (1 Cor 15:1-4)

BTW what is Peter telling these Jews to repent from? Everyday personal sins? NO! Vs 23, Repent from UNBELIEF/KILLING your long-promised Messiah!

For a Jew during that timeframe. A public confession that Jesus was Lord. Was seen as idolatry & opened one up to severe persecution.

Ja 1:1 Written primarily to Jews that had to flee Jerusalem for their lives. Acts 1:1-2 Saul breathing out threats of slaughter against disciples of the Lord. Goes unto the high priest to get letters & proceeds to Damascus synagogues. Find any believer, man or women. Bringing them back in chains to Jerusalem to be punished.

This water baptism 1st, Holy Spirit 2nd, continues for 6-7 yrs post Christ death.

Scripture proclaims [Rom 1:16, 2:9-10] Salvation was to be offered 1st to the Jew then to the gentile.

The gentile message (For many years both messages were applicable. Both assemblies after the Temple is destroyed)

1 Cor 15:
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“All praise, glory, honor belong to the Lord Jesus. Amen”

I enjoyed the read and praise thank you for sharing

one spirit , one lord , one faith , one baptism , one mediator between God and man , Jesus the Christ and one God and father over all whomis on all and through all and by him all things exist and one name under heaven by which we can be saved God is one and has become all of those things for us in Christ

“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. ….
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, ( the gospel sent into the world by Jesus ) that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:7, 11-13, 18-20‬ ‭[/QUOTE]