Baptizing your children.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
So we all agree that you will not find infant baptism in the Bible. It's just not there explicitly. Neither is there any thing forbidding either.
There's nothing wrong with dedicating a child to the Lord and child baptisim is a time honored way to do it.

Ther comes a time when as individuals and we reach the age of accountability that we must decide how and where to become baptized. As it is an outward acknowledgement and sign for the word to see that our sins have been washed away. Even Jesus who had no sins to wash away did it as a witness of, 'this is what we should do.' I believe in public, in front of witnesses, not inside a church to only the saved.

I realize that there are places unfortunately where that would be very dangerous like certain Muslim nations. But the real salvation comes by through faith, not ceremonies.

L

Locoponydirtman

There's nothing wrong with dedicating a child to the Lord and child baptisim is a time honored way to do it.

Ther comes a time when as individuals and we reach the age of accountability that we must decide how and where to become baptized. As it is an outward acknowledgement and sign for the word to see that our sins have been washed away. Even Jesus who had no sins to wash away did it as a witness of, 'this is what we should do.' I believe in public, in front of witnesses, not inside a church to only the saved.

I realize that there are places unfortunately where that would be very dangerous like certain Muslim nations. But the real salvation comes by through faith, not ceremonies.
What church do you attend?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
What church do you attend?
Right now I'm home bound but Calvary chapel is one of my favorites. I was baptized by them a a lagoon in Long Beach Cali. The nearest branch is 90 miles away in OK. City. If I had some wheels I'd go to the local Mennonite Brethren church on the nearby reservation but busses don't run here on Sundays and not out there on any day.

BTW I'm here almost everyday.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Jesus did not baptize children. Jesus took them up in His arms and blessed them. Jews circumcise their sons at 8 days. Do what you want with water baptism as it is of no eternal consequence. Circumcision did not prevent Jews from violating their covenant with Jehovah.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

L

Locoponydirtman

Jesus did not baptize children. Jesus took them up in His arms and blessed them. Jews circumcise their sons at 8 days. Do what you want with water baptism as it is of no eternal consequence. Circumcision did not prevent Jews from violating their covenant with Jehovah.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I wonder why Jesus said to baptize folks, if it isn't important? I does see Jesus having folks do pointless stuff.
Jesus didn't baptize anyone, yet directed us to do so. Do you ever wonder why?
It could be as Paul explained, that in baptism you are buried with Christ. So Jesus didn't baptize because he had not yet died.
You do however make a good point; folks were bringing their children to Jesus to bless them, and his disciples tried to stop them but Jesus stopped his disciples saying don't forbid them but rather bring them to him. Because such as these are the kingdom of heaven.
This kind of paints a picture of today, of Jesus followers preventing children from being baptized into Christ; which is the blessing of the Lord, that we are joined with him, as written in Romans in his death so that we will be resurrected with him like wise in his resurrection, because he is resurrected we will be also.

L

Locoponydirtman

Right now I'm home bound but Calvary chapel is one of my favorites. I was baptized by them a a lagoon in Long Beach Cali. The nearest branch is 90 miles away in OK. City. If I had some wheels I'd go to the local Mennonite Brethren church on the nearby reservation but busses don't run here on Sundays and not out there on any day.

BTW I'm here almost everyday.
I like Calvary chapel, they have a good teaching model, every word without skipping around. If you stay at a Calvary chapel long enough you will hear every word of the Bible.
I go to a Calvary chapel in Arkansas when I go to visit my daughter, I'm good friends with the pastor there.
I go to a Baptist Church here, but I'm not to keen on decision theology. I never chose Christ, just at some point I couldn't bear the weight of my sin and had to stop resisting.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I like Calvary chapel, they have a good teaching model, every word without skipping around. If you stay at a Calvary chapel long enough you will hear every word of the Bible.
I go to a Calvary chapel in Arkansas when I go to visit my daughter, I'm good friends with the pastor there.
I go to a Baptist Church here, but I'm not to keen on decision theology. I never chose Christ, just at some point I couldn't bear the weight of my sin and had to stop resisting.
I needed love and asked if there was a God please teach me and show me. I ran into some Calvary Chapel folks that did a bible study every night in a park. The invited me to join...42 years ago.

I doubted that hell existed then or thought maybe it was life on earth.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I really like Calvary, partly because they really want us to read along with them as they share and see for ourselves if they are teaching the truth. Not just nod our heads or raise our hands and say amen. I'm very picky because along the way I was heavily involved with and employed by a Christian TV venue/location. Not everything the spews out of the pulpit, lectern or on stage is true gospel.