(battle poem without title)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MorningFlower

I wrote this poem in 2014 sometime, but it is all getting fullfilled now. It was still too difficult for me breaking free from my struggles back then, though there have been happening more changes now for me, and it is still going forward with this, too.

The enemy has put me down,
for so long, and hindered me.
Has put chains on my feet,
and set me into captivity.

I have grieved for a long time,
over losses and betrayals.
But now it is time to move on,
I will break free from this.

I will raise up my sword,
I will put on my full armour.
Then I will go into battle,
be in warfare for God's Kingdom.

I will not walk in my own strenght,
only in God's strenght I am strong.
I may feel sometimes weak,
my feelings can put me down.

But our faith isn't dependant,
on how we feel from time to time.
And we can still thank God,
even when we feel sad.

I no longer wish to be angry,
because of past hurt.
I want to put it behind,
and start a new life.

If I can start a new life everyday,
then it will be easier to enjoy life.
When my focus get's more like this,
it will also become more honourable
for God too.

He created every day to be new,
yesterday has already become old.
Let us leave what is old behind,
and let a new day arise before us,
and make it an honourable memory.

By: MorningFlower

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
I wrote this poem in 2014 sometime, but it is all getting fullfilled now. It was still too difficult for me breaking free from my struggles back then, though there have been happening more changes now for me, and it is still going forward with this, too.

even when we feel sad.

because of past hurt.
I want to put it behind,
and start a new life.

for God too.

Well done...if we can dream we can walk, if we can dream we can talk...and one day all dreams
will come true because we are in the arms of our Lord Jesus :D

M

MorningFlower

Well done...if we can dream we can walk, if we can dream we can talk...and one day all dreams will come true because we are in the arms of our Lord Jesus :D
I'd rather see it happening for real, not just in my dreams. ;) Although I do agree in that one day we will be together with our Lord. :) Thanks for your reply.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for sharing MorningFlower! Remember, the armor is God's armor, not ours; Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil -- Ephesians 6:11.

Thanks for the reminder of this armor we must put on from God.
:)

M

MorningFlower

Thanks for sharing MorningFlower! Remember, the armor is God's armor, not ours; Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil -- Ephesians 6:11.

Thanks for the reminder of this armor we must put on from God.
:)
That's true. And well, we also don't battle against flesh and blood, so the armour and weapons aren't made of material quality, it is all spiritually put. Although we easily picture it in a material way, since that's what we are known with.

Thanks for your comment! :)

S

Stewart

even when we feel sad.

because of past hurt.
I want to put it behind,
and start a new life.

for God too.

HI MorningFlower
I love this poem.It is beautiful.This is my own life experience daily.Satan is a real entity that Christ died to set us free from and we have to fight in Jesus name.
I like how you mentioned the both the danger and unreliability of human emotions at times.I am blessed by this poem in so many ways and it touches my heart it really does because it mirrors my own life experiences and sometimes it is easy to forget that the war against satan is universal.
God bless you my dear sister!!

M

MorningFlower

HI MorningFlower
I love this poem.It is beautiful.This is my own life experience daily.Satan is a real entity that Christ died to set us free from and we have to fight in Jesus name.
I like how you mentioned the both the danger and unreliability of human emotions at times.I am blessed by this poem in so many ways and it touches my heart it really does because it mirrors my own life experiences and sometimes it is easy to forget that the war against satan is universal.
God bless you my dear sister!!
Thank you for your comment. :)

It is true about this being a daily battle, though not all notice this as much. A lot of people are quite unaware about this... It is important having in mind that we shouldn't fight in our own power but Jesus fights for us, as well as we can walk in victory.

I am happy my poem blesses you in many ways as well as touches your heart, that's nice knowing. :)

God keep on blessing you as well!

S

Stewart

Thank you for your comment. :)

It is true about this being a daily battle, though not all notice this as much. A lot of people are quite unaware about this... It is important having in mind that we shouldn't fight in our own power but Jesus fights for us, as well as we can walk in victory.

I am happy my poem blesses you in many ways as well as touches your heart, that's nice knowing. :)

God keep on blessing you as well!

Yes it is only with Gods protection and power and using the name of Jesus does anyone have a chance in overcoming in this battle.It is a great place to be granted an awareness of the spiritual realm.The enemie will not like the fact we know this but praise god he has already been defeated at the cross,so we are already are in a position of victory over him.

praise god!!!!!!!

M

MorningFlower

Yes it is only with Gods protection and power and using the name of Jesus does anyone have a chance in overcoming in this battle.It is a great place to be granted an awareness of the spiritual realm.The enemie will not like the fact we know this but praise god he has already been defeated at the cross,so we are already are in a position of victory over him.

praise god!!!!!!!
True, Stewart. Thanks for sharing what you got in mind! :)

The only part which can sometimes be used wrong in this is when "Jesus's name" is used the same way like a "magical word", sometimes it can feel like a lot of Christians uses it in a similiar way like this. It is easy to sometimes feel all powerful forgetting that it shouldn't be used as a way of showing off, or for the wrong reasons. Not everyone truly knows Jesus whilst taking use of His name. An example of this is seen through Matthew 7, 21-23:

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

There are many who thinks that everyone who "mentions" Jesus's name then they autmoatically are fellow true believers of Christ, but this bible verse clearly shows that there will be many who did all of these things which will be seen the same as what true followers of Christ does, yet if the motive of their hearts are wrongly put and if they never got known with Jesus Christ, then what use is there in having done this, when it wasn't really done through His real power and authority?

There is great power in the use of Jesus's name, yet it should be used for the right reasons, as well as one should draw closer to and grow stronger in one's relationship with Jesus Christ. It is wise to question one's own heart, I feel as I need doing this more these days. As I have gotten aware of that my heart isn't as faithful and good as I used to think earlier, this shows me that I have selfish desires as well as my will isn't always as good. And knowing this doesn't really make me feel any good, also because it is displeasing to God.

At least the good part with this is to realize how much we are in need for a Saviour, that without Jesus Christ's Salvation we are forever lost. Yet, it can also evoke a God's fear over you, knowing the consequences there will be if one doesn't have Salvation. The need for drawing closer to the Lord, having a relationship with Him, loving Him with all of your mind and all of your soul. It is a serious matter to take in for real, and being truthful towards Him is so important!

S

Stewart

Hi thanks for your comments.Yes of course there is widespread deception in regards to using the name of Jesus.(gosh it's actually quite worrying really)?It reminds me of the account in the book of acts 19:11-20 where those individuals tried to used the name of Jesus to deliver a person and in themed the evil spirit attacked them.It doesn't work that way at all.Yet there are those who unfortunatley think it does!

There is tremendous power in the name if Jesus (even more than we realise) and there have been times when as a christian I have to declare who I am in Christ inorder to over come.The most important thing is the relationship with Christ.
I have been saved since 1989 and belive me I have gone through mental illness,drugs..and lots off things since being christain that it is wasn't for the grace of god...I dunno what would of happened to me.So I know from my own walk with The Lord that there is power in the name of Jesus and we need gods guidance in all things.Also satan is not to be underestimated or to taken lightly either.We desperatley need god to get through this life.and to deliver us from all evil.

All our hearts have things within it that need cleansing and god already knows the content and isn't in anyway shocked by it.Yet we can often become aware of areas of self that isn't right and it can affect us,yet the bible teaches us that there is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus and it is also not gods will for our hearts to condemn us although the Holy Spirit will convict us of things inorder for us to seek god to change.The bible also says that gods goodness also leads us to repentance.

From my personal experience to have ones own heart exposed by god is a wonderful place to be because when Jesus comes all mans hearts,motives ect will be exposed and belive me it will be terrifying and many christians are not yet aware of the contents Of their hearts and are self deceived yet god ain't finished with us all yet...

We are all an ongoing work in progress and honestly thought it may grieve you at times..I think it wonderful that you are being shown the contents of your heart..gpGod loves you too much to let certain attitudes,thoughts ect remain in your heart.

M

MorningFlower

Hi thanks for your comments.Yes of course there is widespread deception in regards to using the name of Jesus.(gosh it's actually quite worrying really)?It reminds me of the account in the book of acts 19:11-20 where those individuals tried to used the name of Jesus to deliver a person and in themed the evil spirit attacked them.It doesn't work that way at all.Yet there are those who unfortunatley think it does!

There is tremendous power in the name if Jesus (even more than we realise) and there have been times when as a christian I have to declare who I am in Christ inorder to over come.The most important thing is the relationship with Christ.
I have been saved since 1989 and belive me I have gone through mental illness,drugs..and lots off things since being christain that it is wasn't for the grace of god...I dunno what would of happened to me.So I know from my own walk with The Lord that there is power in the name of Jesus and we need gods guidance in all things.Also satan is not to be underestimated or to taken lightly either.We desperatley need god to get through this life.and to deliver us from all evil.

All our hearts have things within it that need cleansing and god already knows the content and isn't in anyway shocked by it.Yet we can often become aware of areas of self that isn't right and it can affect us,yet the bible teaches us that there is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus and it is also not gods will for our hearts to condemn us although the Holy Spirit will convict us of things inorder for us to seek god to change.The bible also says that gods goodness also leads us to repentance.

From my personal experience to have ones own heart exposed by god is a wonderful place to be because when Jesus comes all mans hearts,motives ect will be exposed and belive me it will be terrifying and many christians are not yet aware of the contents Of their hearts and are self deceived yet god ain't finished with us all yet...

We are all an ongoing work in progress and honestly thought it may grieve you at times..I think it wonderful that you are being shown the contents of your heart..gpGod loves you too much to let certain attitudes,thoughts ect remain in your heart.
True about what you say there too. Many of these might also get help from demons, without being aware of it themselves. Others might know it and are just being deceptive.

I am glad you've been saved for such a long time already. :) Praise to God for this! There is of course great power in Jesus's name, especially when you also have great faith in Him as well. There may also be many times where non-believers will cry out Jesus's name for help at sudden times and they too will be heard by God. Everything depends on how and when God wishes to respond to every person, but even a little bit of faith is enough, too.

The next parts are very encouraging for me to read as well. I have read it more times before but it is always nice to read it again and again about there being no condemnation to those who are in Christ. It sure isn't always pleasent being shown contents of the heart which needs change or getting rid off, but I know and understand that it is all meant for our best. And I wouldn't like to continue keeping sinful and bad contents in my heart, which also would hinder me from having more growth in my relationship with Jesus Christ.

"God loves you too much to let certain attitudes,thoughts ect remain in your heart."

This was also very touching for me to read. This verse has also spoken to me these last times;

Proverbs 3:11-12

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor detest His correction;
For whom the Lord loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights."

Thanks a lot for your comment again. You are a great blessing! :)

S

Stewart

True about what you say there too. Many of these might also get help from demons, without being aware of it themselves. Others might know it and are just being deceptive.

I am glad you've been saved for such a long time already. :) Praise to God for this! There is of course great power in Jesus's name, especially when you also have great faith in Him as well. There may also be many times where non-believers will cry out Jesus's name for help at sudden times and they too will be heard by God. Everything depends on how and when God wishes to respond to every person, but even a little bit of faith is enough, too.

The next parts are very encouraging for me to read as well. I have read it more times before but it is always nice to read it again and again about there being no condemnation to those who are in Christ. It sure isn't always pleasent being shown contents of the heart which needs change or getting rid off, but I know and understand that it is all meant for our best. And I wouldn't like to continue keeping sinful and bad contents in my heart, which also would hinder me from having more growth in my relationship with Jesus Christ.

"God loves you too much to let certain attitudes,thoughts ect remain in your heart."

This was also very touching for me to read. This verse has also spoken to me these last times;

Proverbs 3:11-12

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor detest His correction;
For whom the Lord loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights."

Thanks a lot for your comment again. You are a great blessing! :)

Yes demonic deception is as common as worldwide as people using the toilet.The bible makes it clear that our struggle is not against flesh and blood and there is also the issue of one being wise in ones own eyes which is self deception.

All people will deeply mourn over their own sin but that will happen at the return of Christ...so for god to touch your heart and expose what's in there is a tremendous blessing even thought we are already in Christ and are cleansed by the blood of the
lamb.yet even to grieve over discovering ones own sinful traits is a work of the Holy Spirit (to be grieved that is).. Because a person outside of christ won't mourn over their pride,lust..ect..and won't even at times be able to discern what their behavioural traits actually are because they are spirtually blind.

millions will be feeling the pain you have felt over your own heart being exposed to you in some areas on the day of judgement and it will be a thousand times worse because there will be no second chance..no time to put things right..So it is a real blessing to suffer the agony as god seeks to make you more Christlike now and deals with heart issues.He does it because he loves you and the pain you fell it just a temporary experience.

Remember since all of us are the same..them the contents of our hearts will contain basically the same things.Christ died to set you free and anyone in him is a NEW creation.So it would never be gods intention to just save you and leave you..NO WAY!!

M

MorningFlower

Yes demonic deception is as common as worldwide as people using the toilet.The bible makes it clear that our struggle is not against flesh and blood and there is also the issue of one being wise in ones own eyes which is self deception.

All people will deeply mourn over their own sin but that will happen at the return of Christ...so for god to touch your heart and expose what's in there is a tremendous blessing even thought we are already in Christ and are cleansed by the blood of the
lamb.yet even to grieve over discovering ones own sinful traits is a work of the Holy Spirit (to be grieved that is).. Because a person outside of christ won't mourn over their pride,lust..ect..and won't even at times be able to discern what their behavioural traits actually are because they are spirtually blind.

millions will be feeling the pain you have felt over your own heart being exposed to you in some areas on the day of judgement and it will be a thousand times worse because there will be no second chance..no time to put things right..So it is a real blessing to suffer the agony as god seeks to make you more Christlike now and deals with heart issues.He does it because he loves you and the pain you fell it just a temporary experience.

Remember since all of us are the same..them the contents of our hearts will contain basically the same things.Christ died to set you free and anyone in him is a NEW creation.So it would never be gods intention to just save you and leave you..NO WAY!!
For Your Kind Words!

Keep It Up!

Oct 20, 2016
The poem and the discussions have been a true blessing! Praise God!

M

MorningFlower

The poem and the discussions have been a true blessing! Praise God!
I am glad it has brought you much blessing reading my poem as well as the conversations written in here. Thanks a lot for your comment(s), "Likes" given as well as taking time reading this! God continue blessing you and your family, as well as to keep and protect you in Jesus Christ's name, Amen!