Battling Spiritual Warfare

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
Hi, could I request prayer for powerful spiritual warfare I'm in the midst of? This warfare is manifesting as what the world would label mental illness, like schizophrenia, psychosis etc and while elements of what I'm going through may well be chemical imbalance, I have enough self awareness to know that the majority of this is a spiritual battle.

My pastor said a few weeks ago in a sermon that as Christians we battle hell itself and that is just how it feels for me, I truly am on the narrow path (to life) and I can detect the enemies presence everywhere around me as I travel that path.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
More of spiritual protection and strength to you..
- In the midst of spiritual warfare.
---
Ephesians 6:11-18
"Put on the full armor of God.."
---
'Christian music' can be helpful.

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
More of spiritual protection and strength to you..
- In the midst of spiritual warfare.
---
Ephesians 6:11-18
"Put on the full armor of God.."
---
'Christian music' can be helpful.
Thank you, oh yes putting on the full armour of God has become a daily ritual! A few weeks ago the pastor played a song from a Christian group called Upperroom, up until then I had struggled to connect with other worship music I was recommended. But I checked out Upperroom's playlist on YouTube and their music has well and truly reached my heart😍

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Lifting you in prayer. My so and His Son both suffer mental disorder! God can make you an overcomes even in our afflictions! Welcome and Blessings!🙏🙏🙏

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Jason_K....I just want to encourage you to stand strong in the Lord! Whenever you are feeling under attack from the enemy, one of the most comforting & powerful revelations to hold close to your heart is that your Heavenly Father is with you at all times. He does not leave us to face our perils alone. Whenever you feel oppressive darkness around you, its important to use the armor of the Lord, which is the Word of God! Ephesians 6: talks about putting on the full armor of God. Soak your mind & spirit in the scriptures daily, and your spirit within you will begin to rise up against the forces of darkness. There is no power in hell that can exalt itself against the Word of God.
Lord Jesus, I lift up Jason_K to you in prayer....May the stronghold he feels, begin to loose its grip on him. Clothe Jason with your presence Lord! and may he begin to feel a new identify in you Lord. Renew his mind & every area of his life, to bring Glory to you Lord. Put a new song within Jason's heart, a song of thanksgiving for all that you have done for him & will continue to do for his future. I pray this in Jesus name!!!
A powerful song to minister to you! The Battle Belongs to the Lord!

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
Jason_K....I just want to encourage you to stand strong in the Lord! Whenever you are feeling under attack from the enemy, one of the most comforting & powerful revelations to hold close to your heart is that your Heavenly Father is with you at all times. He does not leave us to face our perils alone. Whenever you feel oppressive darkness around you, its important to use the armor of the Lord, which is the Word of God! Ephesians 6: talks about putting on the full armor of God. Soak your mind & spirit in the scriptures daily, and your spirit within you will begin to rise up against the forces of darkness. There is no power in hell that can exalt itself against the Word of God.
Lord Jesus, I lift up Jason_K to you in prayer....May the stronghold he feels, begin to loose its grip on him. Clothe Jason with your presence Lord! and may he begin to feel a new identify in you Lord. Renew his mind & every area of his life, to bring Glory to you Lord. Put a new song within Jason's heart, a song of thanksgiving for all that you have done for him & will continue to do for his future. I pray this in Jesus name!!!

[/QUOTE

Hi, many many thanks for your kind words! I have been greatly encouraged and reassured! And the prayer of a righteous person truly had a powerful effect, as yesterday at church and all day after I began to feel like a new person. During the church sermon I felt God spoke to me with the words "major calling" I have faith my brothers and sisters at the church will help me to realise what that calling is and then to fulfil it. But I also feel God wants to address psychological and emotional pain in my life before I can become equipped to answer His call. I just checked out the song you linked and it was beautiful, thank you, I shall be adding that to my fast growing worship playlist:)

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Amen! Jason_k....The Lord is showing you that He is able to make all things new & there is Life in Him! Keep standing on the promises of God! as your Heavenly Father is so faithful to equip you in every way to fulfill the plans He has for your life. There is healing in His presence! He knows the deepest longings & desires of your heart. Walking with the Lord is a life long journey, where there will be some valleys to walk through as well as those awesome mountain top experiences, but as we keep our eyes fixed on Him, He is faithful to guide us continually into all Truth, as the scriptures tell us("from glory to glory! 2 Corinthians 3:18)...Romans 8:28 All things work together for good, to them that love God, and are called according to His purpose!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello, Jason. I’m very sorry to hear about your struggles. Be assured I’m praying for you, asking God to work in a powerful way in your life, bring healing and sustain you with His love as you lean upon Him. Also, it might be helpful to speak with a counselor. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433. You might be interested to get in touch with National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), as well, by visiting their website: www.nami.org. They provide information on treatment and services, support groups and interactive group forums.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

JimC

Jul 13, 2019
Hi, could I request prayer for powerful spiritual warfare I'm in the midst of? This warfare is manifesting as what the world would label mental illness, like schizophrenia, psychosis etc and while elements of what I'm going through may well be chemical imbalance, I have enough self awareness to know that the majority of this is a spiritual battle.

My pastor said a few weeks ago in a sermon that as Christians we battle hell itself and that is just how it feels for me, I truly am on the narrow path (to life) and I can detect the enemies presence everywhere around me as I travel that path.
TAKE your authority in the name of Jesus Christ by commanding that enemy of your mind to leave you. Start building yourself up in Jesus Christ by praying incessantly. Paul the Apostle declared to "pray in the Holy Ghost." Speak unto yourself life and give praise unto Jesus Christ for healing and delivering you. I call it done in Jesus name. AMEN

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
Hello, Jason. I’m very sorry to hear about your struggles. Be assured I’m praying for you, asking God to work in a powerful way in your life, bring healing and sustain you with His love as you lean upon Him. Also, it might be helpful to speak with a counselor. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433. You might be interested to get in touch with National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), as well, by visiting their website: www.nami.org. They provide information on treatment and services, support groups and interactive group forums.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
Hi Emily, thank you for your reply and for your prayer. It has been on my mind for some time to speak with a counsellor, I am in Ireland, it might be a very expensive phone call to make to the number you suggested!! But thank you anyhow and the nami website, despite being American based, is still very helpful. I read an article of theirs on experiencing psychosis and a it being likened to a "waking nightmare" really spoke to me.
I find it very difficult to trust those in the medical profession; I feel that the enemy worked through the last counsellor I saw in April who tried to reinforce a label of fear on me, instead of working to help me face and overcome fear, he then threw me out when I became angry with him. But I've since began going to church and I am waiting for a chat with the pastor (a man I trust) to see if that would open any gateways toward finding the right counsellor for me, definitely a person who is Christian themselves and who would be aware of when the enemy might be trying to sabotage the clients progress.
At present I have been able to call up a prayerline based in the UK, when I feel attacked, sometimes it is busy but I still feel better after leaving a message explaining what is happening and then when I get through to someone, a quick chat with them and then prayer, really encourages me and shifts my focus back onto God and His word.

Thank you again for your reply and God bless

G

Godsgirl83

Hello Jason.
Remember in 2 Timothy 1:7 it says

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a SOUND MIND."

Praying for you.

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
TAKE your authority in the name of Jesus Christ by commanding that enemy of your mind to leave you. Start building yourself up in Jesus Christ by praying incessantly. Paul the Apostle declared to "pray in the Holy Ghost." Speak unto yourself life and give praise unto Jesus Christ for healing and delivering you. I call it done in Jesus name. AMEN
Thank you, that is very sound advice. Praying incessantly.....that is a goal I will aim for, which has become harder to do in recent years seeing as in my mind right now, there is my praying voice, which is amongst a whole host of others, causing confusion, suspense, distraction, disturbance, fear and doubt.
It has all made for my own voice within to feel very small and weakened, but nevertheless I persevere in prayer and will continue to do so. I have strength in my past experiences to look back on too, when I experienced great testing then too. In 2013, I went through several periods of adversity and managed to take every step with God during such times, never ceasing to send Him up my praise. It did't matter what underlying messages the voices within and others around me were sending my way, because God was there, the one who I took refuge in.

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
Hello Jason.
Remember in 2 Timothy 1:7 it says

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a SOUND MIND."

Praying for you.
Thank you, yes that scripture has been quoted to me a few times by people I've spoken to about my troubles; it really is one for me to reflect and meditate on, seeing as just how lingering fear has been these last few years. A sound mind has now become like a treasure I am searching for....one for which I am sure God's Word is the map:D

Feb 28, 2016
EPH. 6:12.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

HEB. 4:12.
For The Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing
even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner
of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

11COR. 10:3
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

PS. 19:14.
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD,
my Strength, and my Redeemer.

Jesus provides us His tools, how gracious He is to teach us how to use them...

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
EPH. 6:12.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

HEB. 4:12.
For The Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing
even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner
of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

11COR. 10:3
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

PS. 19:14.
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD,
my Strength, and my Redeemer.

Jesus provides us His tools, how gracious He is to teach us how to use them...
Thank you, they are great verses, which I've read through several times already and will do again!

Feb 28, 2016
Jason,
it's good to hear that you are familiar with the verses and there messages -
'speak them-write them-think them', the more we do this, the more
they become a part of us and we of Him...
:):)

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Hi Emily, thank you for your reply and for your prayer. It has been on my mind for some time to speak with a counsellor, I am in Ireland, it might be a very expensive phone call to make to the number you suggested!! But thank you anyhow and the nami website, despite being American based, is still very helpful. I read an article of theirs on experiencing psychosis and a it being likened to a "waking nightmare" really spoke to me.
I find it very difficult to trust those in the medical profession; I feel that the enemy worked through the last counsellor I saw in April who tried to reinforce a label of fear on me, instead of working to help me face and overcome fear, he then threw me out when I became angry with him. But I've since began going to church and I am waiting for a chat with the pastor (a man I trust) to see if that would open any gateways toward finding the right counsellor for me, definitely a person who is Christian themselves and who would be aware of when the enemy might be trying to sabotage the clients progress.
At present I have been able to call up a prayerline based in the UK, when I feel attacked, sometimes it is busy but I still feel better after leaving a message explaining what is happening and then when I get through to someone, a quick chat with them and then prayer, really encourages me and shifts my focus back onto God and His word.

Thank you again for your reply and God bless

Hello, Jason. I’m sorry to hear about your recent unpleasant experience with a counselor. It’s nice that the UK prayer line is helpful to you. You may get in touch with Focus on the Family Ireland by visiting their website: https://www.family.ie/. I’m praying that God will guide you and provide the assistance you need. Hang in there!