Be blessed or be a blessing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

We are saved to be?

• Blessed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a Blessing.

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iraasuup

As far as money or material things go we have to be blessed before we can bless someone else with what we have. If we don't have plenty then we can't help the poor much. We are to be a blessing so bless me to over flow Lord.
I disagree. I believe God wants us to be a blessing regardless of how much/little we have. We are called to be trustworthy stewards of what He gives to us. If we are, then he will bless us with more; which we are to also use to bless others.

I don't believe one has to be wealthy before they can bless someone else, I believe that you become more blessed by first being a blessing.

If you don't use what you have the way God intended for it to be used, He will give the job to someone else.

It's also useful to remember we don't have to have 'money' to be a blessing to others. The act of blessing someone doesn't need to be financial. It can be through words, actions, emotions, finances, the list goes on and on. Sometimes it's as simple as baking a cake for a friend who is feeling down, taking a meal to a sick person, giving someone a lift somewhere (or loaning your car if you are able) to someone who may not have transport, you see what I am saying? All those things are simple things that cost us nothing, yet can have a HUGE impact in someone's life.

Just listen to where God is leading you, and obey Him once He calls you. It may be out of your comfort zone, but I can tell you (from experience-as this is something I have been challenged with recently) it will change not only the other persons life, but yours too!

Oct 1, 2009
True, the little boy gave up his fish and bread to the Lord who in turn fed the 5,000. Sometimes the Lord does much with a little sometimes he does a lot with a lot. Depends on the heart.

M

machew

Where's the option for both? If you aren't blessed then you can't be a blessing to others.

V

VA-Sue

First of all, if she had to have it explained to her I'm sure she wasn't thinking that Jeezzz was taking the name of our Lord in vane. Although it is probably a good idea to choose a different word to express ourselves.

2ndly, I agree with Melody, a kind word, a praise for something well done, recognition, even a smile can be a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.