Be careful with your prayers!
When we pray, are we really interested in detaining Jesus (Isa 64:7), in virtue of the delight that we have in His will, or are we practicing idolatry (praying from ourselves to ourselves – Luke 18:11)? If you were praying aim at your interests, be afraid of the Creator:
• “For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself: and I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.” (Eze 14:7,8).
We can see this in Judges 20 (pore on this passage). For three times Israel ordained battle against Benjamin. At the first time, twenty and two thousand men passed away. At the second time, more eighteen thousand men were slaughtered. Why did this come about them, if they prayed and the Creator answered their prayers?
Let’s analyze the three prayers.
First:
• “And the children of Israel arose, and went up to the house of God, and asked counsel of God, and said, Which of us shall go up first to the battle against the children of Benjamin? And the LORD said, Judah shall go up first.” (Jdg 20:18).
As we can see, Israel didn’t wish to know if it was of the Creator’s will that they fight against their brothers. They were determined to do this. Only desired the Creator as an amulet, that is to say, to satisfy their sense of justice (instead of seeking out the justice of the Kingdom of the Creator – Matthew 6:33).
Second:
• “(And the children of Israel went up and wept before the LORD until even, and asked counsel of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up again to battle against the children of Benjamin my brother? And the LORD said, Go up against him.)” (Jdg 20:23).
At first, everything sounds ok. Nevertheless, the battle was already set in array against Benjamites (Judges 20:22). They prayed, but with no disposition of accepting a “no” as answer. The Creator answered “go up against him” because it was of His will that the Benjamites were punished.
Third:
• “Then all the children of Israel, and all the people, went up, and came unto the house of God, and wept, and sat there before the LORD, and fasted that day until even, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD. And the children of Israel enquired of the LORD, (for the ark of the covenant of God was there in those days, And Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, stood before it in those days,) saying, Shall I yet again go out to battle against the children of Benjamin my brother, or shall I cease? And the LORD said, Go up; for tomorrow I will deliver them into thine hand.” (Jdg 20:26-28).
Now they:
• wept, and sat there *before the LORD*;
• fasted that day until even;
• offered burnt offerings and peace offerings *before the LORD*;
Not to mention that, in their prayer, they asked “Shall I… go out… or shall I cease?”. Now they were ready to receive the Creator’s grace, which He only imparts to those who are humble (James 4:6; 1Peter 5:5).
Therefore, can you believe:
• “Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but *righteousness delivers from death*.” (Proverbs 11:4).
So, have a splendid weekend praying with rightness in your heart, so that Jesus’ will can really be done in the heaven and on the Earth through you (Matthew 6:10).
When we pray, are we really interested in detaining Jesus (Isa 64:7), in virtue of the delight that we have in His will, or are we practicing idolatry (praying from ourselves to ourselves – Luke 18:11)? If you were praying aim at your interests, be afraid of the Creator:
• “For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself: and I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.” (Eze 14:7,8).
We can see this in Judges 20 (pore on this passage). For three times Israel ordained battle against Benjamin. At the first time, twenty and two thousand men passed away. At the second time, more eighteen thousand men were slaughtered. Why did this come about them, if they prayed and the Creator answered their prayers?
Let’s analyze the three prayers.
First:
• “And the children of Israel arose, and went up to the house of God, and asked counsel of God, and said, Which of us shall go up first to the battle against the children of Benjamin? And the LORD said, Judah shall go up first.” (Jdg 20:18).
As we can see, Israel didn’t wish to know if it was of the Creator’s will that they fight against their brothers. They were determined to do this. Only desired the Creator as an amulet, that is to say, to satisfy their sense of justice (instead of seeking out the justice of the Kingdom of the Creator – Matthew 6:33).
Second:
• “(And the children of Israel went up and wept before the LORD until even, and asked counsel of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up again to battle against the children of Benjamin my brother? And the LORD said, Go up against him.)” (Jdg 20:23).
At first, everything sounds ok. Nevertheless, the battle was already set in array against Benjamites (Judges 20:22). They prayed, but with no disposition of accepting a “no” as answer. The Creator answered “go up against him” because it was of His will that the Benjamites were punished.
Third:
• “Then all the children of Israel, and all the people, went up, and came unto the house of God, and wept, and sat there before the LORD, and fasted that day until even, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD. And the children of Israel enquired of the LORD, (for the ark of the covenant of God was there in those days, And Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, stood before it in those days,) saying, Shall I yet again go out to battle against the children of Benjamin my brother, or shall I cease? And the LORD said, Go up; for tomorrow I will deliver them into thine hand.” (Jdg 20:26-28).
Now they:
• wept, and sat there *before the LORD*;
• fasted that day until even;
• offered burnt offerings and peace offerings *before the LORD*;
Not to mention that, in their prayer, they asked “Shall I… go out… or shall I cease?”. Now they were ready to receive the Creator’s grace, which He only imparts to those who are humble (James 4:6; 1Peter 5:5).
Therefore, can you believe:
• “Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but *righteousness delivers from death*.” (Proverbs 11:4).
So, have a splendid weekend praying with rightness in your heart, so that Jesus’ will can really be done in the heaven and on the Earth through you (Matthew 6:10).