Be my guest...

  • Thread starter Thread starter JesusistheChrist
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JesusistheChrist

Guest
I just noticed that there are 42 members viewing the "Bible Discussion Forum" and 303 guests viewing the same. That's quite a discrepancy and I'm just wondering how many of you used to view this forum as guests for a while before becoming members. I became a member after viewing the forum for the first time for just a few minutes. You?
 
i arrived at a thread or two in the music section via search result.
memory isn't completely clear, but i believe i signed up that same day, and stay logged in all the time, though i have looked at the forum a couple times from devices other than my own PC, so i wasn't logged in from those machines and would have showed up as a guest.

so exactly like Crossnote -- i came for the psalms and stayed for the exposition :)
 
I just noticed that there are 42 members viewing the "Bible Discussion Forum" and 303 guests viewing the same. That's quite a discrepancy and I'm just wondering how many of you used to view this forum as guests for a while before becoming members. I became a member after viewing the forum for the first time for just a few minutes. You?

Arent alot of those listed as guests really members just going about in stealth mode?

Like me, I should be counted as a guest being my settings are invisible as are yours, so our names would not appear as being here (even though we are) because of our settings, we would then be listed under guests wouldnt we?
 
Arent alot of those listed as guests really members just going about in stealth mode?

Like me, I should be counted as a guest being my settings are invisible as are yours, so our names would not appear as being here (even though we are) because of our settings, we would then be listed under guests wouldnt we?
I think that we still are counted as members. For example, I just checked and it said that there were 45 members viewing the "BDF", but only 39 usernames were visible. I'm assuming, then, that the other 6 members are in invisible mode.

Anyhow, my reason for asking is that I was wondering if there wasn't some way of communicating to the guests a desire for them to become members. It just seems like every time that I look down at the bottom of the page of the thread that I'm posting in that I see guests there.

Come out, come out, wherever you are...

lol.
 
I just noticed that there are 42 members viewing the "Bible Discussion Forum" and 303 guests viewing the same. That's quite a discrepancy and I'm just wondering how many of you used to view this forum as guests for a while before becoming members. I became a member after viewing the forum for the first time for just a few minutes. You?

i was watching for a month before joining, but more important, I have several devices mobile and desktop, most of which are never logged in, or only logged in to post.
 
I think that we still are counted as members. For example, I just checked and it said that there were 45 members viewing the "BDF", but only 39 usernames were visible. I'm assuming, then, that the other 6 members are in invisible mode.

Anyhow, my reason for asking is that I was wondering if there wasn't some way of communicating to the guests a desire for them to become members. It just seems like every time that I look down at the bottom of the page of the thread that I'm posting in that I see guests there.

Come out, come out, wherever you are...

lol.

Okay you are right,

members.png

I thought I was registering as a guest, it didnt dawn on me.
 
I joined the minute I found this site but in less than two months I sometimes wonder why I stay.
I hear you.

I see that you joined only a week before I did. I've thought about leaving in the past and I once took about a week off, but to be totally honest with you, out of all of the forums which I've ever been a part of for the last 10 years or so, I genuinely like this one the best...primarily for the lack of over-moderation. IOW, we pretty much get to settle things on our own. You know, the last man standing (after a free-for-all) wins...lol.
 
I wanted some fellowship with brothers and sisters in Jesus as I am a non denominational, Bible believing Christian in an Orthodox Christian (eastern Catholic) country so I really dont have fellowship here... I googled "Christian chat", checked the site out for a bit and registered. I was a guest at first but not for a long time.