Be perfect.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
Luk 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.

It is obvious if the Bible is telling us we can be like Christ,be perfect as the Father,and be holy,as God is holy,it is possible,and hate sin,and do not want sin,by the Spirit it is possible,for a person led of the Spirit shows the ways of the Spirit,and not the flesh.

There is no excuse,and God will require it of us to be perfect as He is perfect,and however Christ behaved while on earth,do the same.

People do like to make excuses,but they also want to live how they lived before confessing Christ,for they like those ways,but Jesus said any person that puts their hands to the plough,looking back,is not fit for the kingdom of God.Remember Lot's wife.

But many when they confessed Christ did not even start their walk with Christ,because of the denomination they attended belief system,where they confessed Christ,were sorry for their sins,wanted all their past sins forgiven,but did not change like they were supposed to change,but sinned,repented,sinned,repented,but never got rid of the sin,or sins,according to what they like.

They sinned,and repented,but knew they would do the sin in the future after a short stint,thus hanging unto the sin,and thinking they were alright with God.

And there are preachers that preach this way causing them to hold unto sin,and think they are alright with God,and they are not like their master,not perfect as the Father,and not holy,as God is holy.

Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
Jas 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
Jas 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
Jas 3:4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Be perfect as the Father is perfect,and we have to become unto a perfect man.

The tongue is the most unruliest member of our body,for it will sin more than any other body part,for we might not want people to get hurt physically,but we might not mind slandering them,cutting them down,talking down to them,gossiping about them,and filthy communication out of our mouth,and lying.

If a person can bridle their tongue,the most unruliest member,and cause it to cease sinning,then they can bridle the whole body,and cause it to cease sinning.

But no person can tame the tongue to become unto a perfect man.Only God can tame the most unruliest member of our body,causing the whole body to cease from sinning.
God enables me to tame mine; with Him ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
just a wee bit interested, How do you glorify the Father
By obeying Christ, essentially. Obedience and walking in Christ's love.

16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Perfect means complete. The Greek word for “perfect” is telios. It means “brought to its end, completed, or perfect.” So, to be “perfect” in this sense is to be completed in Christ.
Amen! Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness (1 John 1:8-10).

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
Amen! Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness (1 John 1:8-10).
You take 1 John 1:8-10 out of context and cause it to contradict 1 John 5:18, also making your faith vain (unprofitable).

"We know that whosoever is born of God sins not; but he that is begotten of God keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not." -1 John 5:18

May 13, 2017
You take 1 John 1:8-10 out of context and cause it to contradict 1 John 5:18, also making your faith vain (unprofitable).

"We know that whosoever is born of God sins not; but he that is begotten of God keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not." -1 John 5:18
[h=1]1 John 5:18 (CJB)[/h] [SUP]18 [/SUP]We know that everyone who has God as his Father does not go on sinning; on the contrary, the Son born of God protects him, and the Evil One does not touch him.

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
1 John 5:18 (CJB)

[SUP]18 [/SUP]We know that everyone who has God as his Father does not go on sinning; on the contrary, the Son born of God protects him, and the Evil One does not touch him.
The translation you use has changed the TRUE words and that is completely blasphemous.

"We know that whosoever is born of God sins not; but he that is begotten of God keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not." -1 John 5:18 KJV

May 13, 2017
The translation you use has changed the TRUE words and that is completely blasphemous.

"We know that whosoever is born of God sins not; but he that is begotten of God keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not." -1 John 5:18 KJV
Blasphemous! Oh my! Whosoever is born of God does not habitually sin; does not go on sinning; does not sin deliberately.....The verse is not saying that the born again person will never make a mistake. It says he will not make a habit of it.
We have da’as that everyone having been born of Hashem does not continually sin, but the One having been born of G-d (Ben HaElohim Moshiach) is shomer over him and Hasatan does not touch him.

You should not make accusations like that. Its not nice.

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
Blasphemous! Oh my! Whosoever is born of God does not habitually sin; does not go on sinning; does not sin deliberately.....The verse is not saying that the born again person will never make a mistake. It says he will not make a habit of it.
We have da’as that everyone having been born of Hashem does not continually sin, but the One having been born of G-d (Ben HaElohim Moshiach) is shomer over him and Hasatan does not touch him.

You should not make accusations like that. Its not nice.
The text says SINS NOT, you add to the original words by ADDING the word "habitually". Shame on you. I defend the true words.

May 13, 2017
The text says SINS NOT, you add to the original words by ADDING the word "habitually". Shame on you. I defend the true words.
Son, you can take it any way you want. I'm not your daddy. If you don't want to learn, that's up to you.

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
Son, you can take it any way you want. I'm not your daddy. If you don't want to learn, that's up to you.
Please do not call me "son".. You are not my father, God is. He wants me to tell you that you have changed the words of His apostle John and have diluted the true message. I pray you repent of this.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Ecclesiastes 7:20
For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

yep seems like we r all never gonna sin again huh

May 13, 2017
Please do not call me "son".. You are not my father, God is. He wants me to tell you that you have changed the words of His apostle John and have diluted the true message. I pray you repent of this.
No son. You want to tell me that. Legalism is not the way to go. Have a good night son.

May 13, 2017
Ecclesiastes 7:20
For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

yep seems like we r all never gonna sin again huh

Oh Wouldn't that be nice?

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
Oh Wouldn't that be nice?
With God all things are possible.

With my faith in Him, He is able to keep me from sinning ever again. Do you have faith? I do. He will give me the strength to overcome sin in my life.

Dec 9, 2011
Wrong, Paul wishes to speak boldly against you:

"But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh." -2 Corinthians 10:2-3
Are you saying that renewing the mind Is warring after the flesh?

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
Are you saying that renewing the mind Is warring after the flesh?
Ofcourse not, I'm referring to what you said in post #14 when you said "but the flesh Is not yet perfect"..

You still consider yourself to be warring after the flesh by saying such a thing. The Holy Spirit wishes to be bold against such who believe such a thing as that.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Ofcourse not, I'm referring to what you said in post #14 when you said "but the flesh Is not yet perfect"..

You still consider yourself to be warring after the flesh by saying such a thing. The Holy Spirit wishes to be bold against such who believe such a thing as that.
you are sinning right now, because saying you do not sin is a LIE, which is a sin.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014

Are you the same troll who keeps getting banned then coming back? I read 1 John 1:8-10 in context and in 1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin (PRESENT TENSE), we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

As Greek scholar AT Robertson points out in 1 John 3:6 and 1 John 5:18 - Sinneth not (ouc amartanei). Linear present (linear menwn, keeps on abiding) active indicative of amartanw, "does not keep on sinning." For menw (abide) see Hebrews 2:6 ; John 15:4-10 . Whosoever sinneth (o amartanwn). Present (linear) active articular participle like menwn above, "the one who keeps on sinning" (lives a life of sin, not mere occasional acts of sin as amarthsa, aorist active participle, would mean).