Be Still and Know

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Faucettephoto

Banned
Sep 13, 2014
7
0
0
In Psalm 46 verse 10 we read "Be still and know that I am God."

How wonderful that short scripture verse sounds, yet how difficult that seems to be to put into practice.

Our day seems to be so chocked full of distractions. Cell phones, text messages, television, radio and the list goes on and on of all the distractions and sheer noise we encounter and sometimes simply endure day by day. That's one reason I enjoy getting away to the beautiful mountains only about an hour from my home in South Carolina. When I am out there hiking I feel I am really out there walking with Jesus. I'm not exactly being still and I can't say its very silent since I am hearing the rustle of the leaves, the birds, toads and other wildlife out there and yet my soul is still and I feel a oneness with my Creator. I really enjoy it when I reach my destination at some waterfall or bend down to photograph some lovely wildflower. Then I can really take a


few moments to study nature at its finest. That's when I'm worshipping in the purest sense of the word. That is when my soul becomes still and I know that God is, well, that He alone is God and not myself.

I certainly didn't design the wildflowers with all their medicinal properties and I certainly didn't place them in places where certain bees and birds would find food from them. I didn't place the boulders and rocks in their places so that the stream would look lovely cascading over them. No, it was God and God alone who did all this. And guess what? He created all this just for you and me to enjoy! Wow!! What a wonderful God we have who loved us so much that He made sure we had places to go to be still, places for our souls to be rejuvenated.

My challenge to you today is to find a place where you can go and be still. It doesn't have to be a hike in mountains nor a walk on the seashore. Perhaps its just some
place you can go and be alone with God.


Perhaps you need to just find an hour where the phone is cut off, the television is not on and you just go and find time to be still.


I'd love to hear from you how you find time to be still and know....
 
Wow. Your description really took me to another place, I could visualize with all the details you told.
I totally agree with you about taking a time off, a real time with totally free with the Lord. I just stayed a period without computer and cell phone, a time wich I could talk to the Lord and listen to Him. A time to read the Bible without interruptions. A time to meditate in His work, without distract thoughts about internet and its viciousness/ addicteness.
It was wonderfully unbelieveble. I still can feel Him day by day talking to me in the littlest things.
That's a wonderful to have Jesus as a friend.