Bears

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
This is the bear thread
please post your favourite pictures of bears, or talk about bears. Why are bears so popular?

This one is Paddington Bear, from Peru. He lives in London

IMG_1429.JPG

T

TheIndianGirl

Baloo from Jungle Book. He lives in India.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Bears?

Who likes bears?

I mean, why would anybody in their right mind like bears?

:whistle:

Pssst.

My favorite bear picture is up and to the left.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Why are bears so popular?
Because they're the cutest things imaginable (except for my children).

I mean, they're like living, breathing stuffed animals, and I just want to pet their fluffy little heads.

Yep, I'm the same sword-wielding gladiator from the BDF, but I love bears, so what can I say?

When I had my own business, I oftentimes worked at State and County Fairs. At one particular Fair not far from where I live, they had a bear show in which the bears rode on bicycles and even played basketball.

I love grizzly bears, polar bears, black bears, brown bears, and, yes, even teddy bears...lol.

Here's my favorite polar bear photo.

I have it as a screen-saver on my laptop with the scripture verse that I added to it:

1polarwall.jpg

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
In a somewhat darker vein, here's another favorite bear photo of mine which I turned into a t-shirt that I wear:

gptr,1265x,front,black-c,330,402,600,600-bg,f8f8f8 (2).jpg

Gotta get the word out however we can...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
huh

we dont have bears in nz
Australians have cute fluffy koalas and China has pandas, we only have kiwis ...no bears!

the closest we have to bears are possums from Australia and they have become pests
Though if you squint they kinda look like bears, very small bears....

IMG_1430.JPG

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the Grizzly Man movie/doco disturbed me, I won't forget that one

Not sure I would want to pat a grizzly....

I would probably just distract it with some salmon...look fish! its tastier than I am.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
My cousin gave me a beautiful bear when my mum passed away and I still have it all these years later. I named him Smudge (I dont know why but it just suits him)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had a santa bear who I named Iquise

Santa bears come with santa hats and scarves, but Iquise never wanted to wear his, he preferred to go au naturel

Apparently he was from the North Pole where polar bears live, but had come to NZ and because they were recruited as the Christmas mascot for Farmers department stores.

They dont have elf on the shelf, they all had santa bears, and missy bears. Missy bears looked like santa bears but wore dresses and had eyelashes.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont understand yogi bear. He doesnt look like a yogi.

IMG_1431.JPG

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
One of the assigned reading in schools this year is a book called Goldilocks, wanted dead or alive

I never quite got the tale of Goldilocks and the three bears

why was Goldilocks breaking and entering a house?
what are bears doing living in a house?
Why are bears eating porridge and leaving it cold? It doesnt take that long for it to cool.
What was it about the colour of her hair that was so important?
Bears dont usually sleep in beds and sit on chairs...what is this, an advertisment for Ikea?
Why didnt the bears eat Goldilocks?
Another dumb blonde tale?

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
One of the assigned reading in schools this year is a book called Goldilocks, wanted dead or alive

I never quite got the tale of Goldilocks and the three bears

why was Goldilocks breaking and entering a house?
what are bears doing living in a house?
Why are bears eating porridge and leaving it cold? It doesnt take that long for it to cool.
What was it about the colour of her hair that was so important?
Bears dont usually sleep in beds and sit on chairs...what is this, an advertisment for Ikea?
Why didnt the bears eat Goldilocks?
Another dumb blonde tale?
Now you did it.

You reminded me of a dumb blonde joke...especially since it involves a library (which I think is where you said you work).

One day, a blonde walks into a library, heads up to the front desk, and shouts out at the top of her lungs, "I'D LIKE A CHEESEBURGER AND SOME FRIES, PLEASE!"

The head librarian rushes over to her and says, "Ma'am, this is a library."

The blonde says, "Oh, I'm sorry."

Then she says in a low whisper, "I'd like a cheeseburger and some fries, please."

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
here it's actually pizza, she's got the wrong library...

:ROFL::ROFL:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Can someone tell me...what is up with Bear Grylls
apparently he is a celeb in the christian world
I dont know why he is called Bear though. I have a few books of his in the library and Im not sure whether the is like the Crocodile Hunter, or likes bears, or hunts them or what.

Because we dont have bears in NZ. The children dont really go for his adventure books though..so I dont buy any new ones.