Beasts Of Revelation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Those are the rath of God and Revelation 11 says the wrath of God comes after the 7th trump and that's the second coming so, no, we are not in the times of the vials yet.

We are in the 5th trump IMO, just prior to the Great Tribulation of the 6th trump.
Ok. I believe we're in the days of the 7th trumpet (yes, which is the wrath of Almighty, involves the 7 bowls/vials, and includes the second coming).

I'll try to illustrate it the best I can, but from studying the text, I believe we agree that the seals, trumpets, GT, bowls/vials, and the second coming occur like this:

S1
S2
S3
S4
S5
S6
S7 =
{ T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6 = <Great Tribulation>, T7 = (B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, Messiah, B7) }

...In other words, the 7th seal encompasses the trumpet judgments...
...the great tribulation is in the 6th trumpet...
...the 7th trumpet is the wrath of Almighty and encompasses the bowl judgments...
...and between the 6th and 7th bowl, Messiah comes likes a thief before destroying the beast & his army at the 7th bowl.

----

Where we seem to differ is with regard to the timing of the GT and the Wrath of Almighty.

Scripture says the GT is punishment for the Jews, with the purpose of SCATTERING them. When Daniel was given the prophecy his people hadn't returned to Jerusalem to build the 2nd temple. 70 AD destruction was still the future to him.

Daniel 12:7
And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

The Man in linen SWORE that "time, times, half-time" = to scatter daniel's people.

...and history proves that they've already been persecuted and scattered across the world in a portion of time within these last 2000 years, and are still scattered. So logically, this means the Great Tribulation occurred at some point within these last 2000 years in the 6th trumpet.

This is the portion of prophecy I'm relatively secure about because history confirms it happened.

So I can only conclude we're in the days of the blowing of the 7th trumpet.

Revelation 10:7
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I was hoping for a succint explanation of who the beast(s) are pictured in Revelation.

I believe it is the REVIVED ROMAN EMPIRE. Antichrist may already be a member of the European Union, just waiting for the Holy Spirit to be removed, as we are Called to Heaven for the Wedding of the Lamb. Most of the countries in the E.U. will abandon ship, like England has already, when they see a Dictator RISE to take over the E.U. It is that 10 nation Confederacy, that is the beast with 10 heads.

Zechariah 8:22-23 (HCSB)
22 Many peoples and strong nations will come to seek the LORD of Hosts in Jerusalem and to plead for the LORD’s favor.”
23 The LORD of Hosts says this: “In those days, 10 men from nations of every language will grab the robe of a Jewish man tightly, urging: Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”

Revelation 13:1 (NIV)
1 And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

In Biblical Prophecy, - - Heads, Horns, and Mountains represent NATIONS. So the Beast represents a Ten Nation Confederacy.

Daniel 7:20 (NCV)
20 I also wanted to know about the ten horns on its head and about the little horn that grew there. It had pulled out three of the other ten horns and looked greater than the others. It had eyes and a mouth that kept bragging.

That is a representation of 3 smaller countries merging with others of the 10, to have more Voting Power.

Elsewhere it says the 3 will be torn up by their roots. Yes we have an example of that in HISTORY. East Germany was torn up by it roots, when it merged with west Germany.

Apr 15, 2017
I was hoping for a succint explanation of who the beast(s) are pictured in Revelation.
Dan 7:1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
Dan 7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
Dan 7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

Daniel had a vision of 4 kingdoms that would come one after the other which would be different than each other which are the 4 ways of people, human religion, physical cruelty in war, human wisdom, and pushing for power, dominion.

Although all 4 beasts went by the 4 ways there was one of those ways that was their chief mode of operation with the other 3 in a minor role.

Dan 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

The first is Babylon, which represents human religion.

Dan 7:5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

The next is Medo-Persia, which represents physical cruelty in war.

Dan 7:6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

The next is Greece, which represents human wisdom.

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

The next is the Roman Empire which represents pushing for power, dominion.

Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

The Roman Empire did not lose her dominion, and the rest of the beasts will never have physical dominion again but their lives were prolonged for a time and a season which means their ways are still on earth.

There has never been the kingdom of man in it's entirety until the beast kingdom in Revelation.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

The crowns are on the 10 horns which means the Roman Empire has the dominion.

With the ways of a lion, Babylon, human religion, ways of a bear, Medo-Persia, cruelty in war, and with the ways of a leopard, Greece, human wisdom.

The kingdom of man in it's entirety for all 4 kingdoms chief mode of operation is in the beast kingdom with no minor role of operation.

This kingdom does not acknowledge a personal God which is a future kingdom when the nations come together as one.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Hello Yahshua,

If you believe in a historical view and that we are currently in the bowl judgements, you can stop right there! These literal events are going to be the worst events that the world has ever experienced. So much so that by the time the 7th bowl is poured out which completes God's wrath, the majority of the earths population will have been decimated and all human government dismantled (Daniel 2:26-45).

The historical view gets rid of all of the literal events of God's wrath. However, make no mistake, these events will take place just as they are written and after the church has been removed.
Hello Ahwatukee (I always appreciate the kind greeting you give beforehand),

The prophecies are given to John in the same way prophecies are given to Daniel , Joseph, and Pharaoh (which Joseph interpreted). They're given symbolically meant to represent something real that happens in our physical world. Whether we're talking about beasts rising from the sea, statues that are crushed, grain that bows to Joseph, sickly-looking animals, or locust emerging from an abyss, The Almighty doesn't change His style of delivery. The visions are representative imagery.

Everything that's detailed in the book of Revelation happens. It's just that some of it happened before you or I was alive...and it happened in the natural.

As an example of these being literal events, we already have the mark of the beast technology where people in Sweden are receiving RFID chips under the skin between the index finger and thumb. They are now using those chips to make purchases with the scan of their hands, such as the purchasing of train tickets. This technology will continue to evolve leading up to the revealing of that antichrist/beast.
But we can't buy or sell without a social security number here in the states, issued to us at birth.

The "mark of the beast" is old Elizabethan English. If we put it in our modern English it's the "character of the animal".

An animal is what an animal does.

Take any animal and study its behavior day, after day, after day...and you will soon see that it does the same exact thing over and over and over, from a baby through adulthood until death. An animal's directive is to grow, eat, and multiply; replicate itself.

So when considering the beasts of Revelation, their directive is the same: grow (improve/advance), eat, and multiply. This doesn't change from the first moment the beast is introduced to the world until the day it's destroyed.

Today's world tells us we are "evolved animals" (Darwinism) and not beings created in Almighty's image, part of the "animal kingdom", and that we must be "the top dog" and "the head of the pack"; that indulging in our fleshly desires is natural. We fornicate like animals without matrimony. We fight to steal resources and territory from others just like animals do. We indulge in perverse proclivities just like animals do. We let fear or greed drive us to make decisions just like animals do, instead of standing on faith and trusting in the Almighty and Savior. And the systems and constructs and technology we've erected in this modern world serve to help us indulge in and nurture the animal that we're told we are.

Animals are selfish, greedy, lustful, dangerous, and live by their instincts. So can you not see the "mark of the beast" everywhere, and upon almost everyone already?

So while believers are waiting for a specific technology to emerge the beasts are continuing to spread their mark upon everyone.

Above, you say that we are currently in the bowl judgments, which means that we would have already gone through all of the seals and trumpets. Well, when did a third of the earth and trees get burned up? When did we see that huge mountain (asteroid) hit in one of the oceans killing a third of the creatures in the sea and destroying a third of the ships? When did we see demonic locusts come up out of the Abyss to torment the inhabitants with stings like that of scorpions? The answer is that since these events of wrath are to be taken literally and none of them have taken place, then they are still literal future events. The historical view dilutes the fulfillment of God's coming wrath, which is the purpose of the coming seals, trumpets and bowl judgments.

Those who hold to a historical view have no idea of the severity of what is coming!
With respect, I'm not diluting the Wrath. You are, and then projecting that onto me. You're concluding that life wasn't horrible in the past and then you're making that also my conclusion since I've placed fulfillment of certain prophecies in the past.

Just because you and I weren't alive to see how horrible it was doesn't mean it wasn't horrible to the people that went through it. Life was horrible and severe. The average life expectance was around 35 at one point I think? And again, remember that the visions are representative imagery.

For example, history doesn't record there ever being actual winged lions that roamed the earth but that's what Daniel saw as an image representing Babylon. We can confirm that the image represented Babylon because their banner was literally of a winged lion.

Likewise, we must interpret the visions based on what they represent and then match them with events in human history.

I'll post a part 2 answering your questions more specifically.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
KEYS TO UNDERSTANDING THE BEASTS

Beast Definition = an Animalistic dominance of others, not just conquering one Nation, but like as a Lion taking over a whole territory.

7 Heads and 10 Horns Definition = the Mediterranean Sea Region with Israel ALIVE in the Land, thus 70AD - 1948 are not relevant, thus the Ottoman Empire nor the British Empire could be a Beast because there was no Israel to Beast over the Bible is in juxtaposition to Israel. Thus we need to find 7 Kings/Kingdoms over that region and one of them gets divided and reforms and the divided kings and kingdoms are pegged with the number 10 which Gid always uses for COMPLETENESS, thus the 10 Show a Divided Beast which falls apart (Iron and Clay) then reunites in the end times under another Beast who is a MAN not a Kingdom.

The Beasts of the book of Revelation

The Rev. 12 Beast is of course the Red Dragon Satan. Thus the CROWNS are shown to be over the 7 because Satan is the god of this whole world, thus God is only speaking of the Mediterranean Sea Region here, so 7 is used because of the number of Kingdoms and ONE KING in the End who are Beasts over the Region whilst Israel are in the land, and ALIVE (not Dead Men's Bones circa 70AD-1948).

The Rev. 13 Beast is of course the Anti-Christ/Man of Sin/Little Horn, he is designated as being a Beast over the Region and he has NO CROWNS on the 7 because 6 cane before him, of course, but he has CROWNS on te 10 Horns because they represent Europe. Thus he is the President/King over Europe who EVENTUALLY becomes the Beast over this Mediterranean Sea Region by CONQUERING them all as Daniel 11:40-43 shows. Daniel 8:9 shows he comes out of the Northwest (Greece/Europe).

The False Prophet Beast of Rev. 13 is not a Demon like Satan and he's not over Governance like the Anti-Christ. He is a supposed man of God (Jewish High Priest) who throws in with the Anti-Christ like Jason (real name Yeshua) threw in with Antiochus over 2000 years ago. The Anti-Christ will make him a Beast over Religion, thus is why the Harlot is killed off in Rev. 17:16, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. all Religions have to be done away with and ONLY BEAST WORSHIP is allowed from that point in time on, this False Prophet mandates tat all men worship the Image of the Anti-Christ Beast as God, this he BEASTS over Religion, whereas the Anti-Christ is the ruler over Governments.

The Rev. 17 Scarlet Colored Beast is a Demon name Apollyon, he now resides in the Bottomless Pit but will be released at the first woe. He has NO CROWNS but as a Demon Satan named him as a "PRINCIPALITY RULER" over the Mediterranean Sea Region and Israel. His job was to DESTROY Israel, thus they call him "The Destroyer". He was over Egypt and tried to get the Pharoah to chase Israel into the Red Sea. Then he was over Persia, he tried to resist God's orders to Micheal in Dan. 10 and he did so for 21 days, but eventually, Alexander the Great defeated Persia (this IMHO, Apollyon was the king of Persia who resisted Micheal for 21 days) he was over Greece and Rome also, and Assyria along the way. After 70 AD God placed him in the bottomless pit where hes been ever since. Thus he was over the 6 and will be released at the first woe and will be of the Anti-Christ, thus he was OF ALL 7..........And he is an 8th in that he has a kingdom via the bottomless pit. Rev. 17 tells us he came up from the pit, and that he will kill the Two-witnesses.

Egypt was one of the 7 Heads/Beasts River the Region, controlled by Satan and Apollyon, thus in the book of Revelation its shown as ONE BEAST with SEVEN HEADS. Satan is ver al of them and the Seven-Headed Beast only represents Israel's lifespan on earth, not the nigh 2000 years they were Dead Men's Bones. Thus the Beast had to DIE for a while, thus one of the Heads had a MORTAL WOUND (Rome) and 2000 some odd years later that WOUND will be healed, but only when the Anti-Christ goes forth Conquering, to once again bring a Beast to the Mediterranean Sea Region whilst Israel is ALIVE in the Holy Land. (Egypt was the 1st Head)

Assyria was a Beast, she was the 2nd Head of the 7 Headed Beast.

Babylon was a Beast, she was the 3rd Head of the 7 Headed Beast of the book of Revelation. Daniel was only shown the Beasts from his time on, and Nebuchadnezzar saw himself as the head of Gold, whereas God saw him as a Beast and a Harlot nation.

Persia was a Beast, the fourth head of the Rev. 13 Beast under Satan the Red Dragon. Also under Apollyon.

Greece was a Beast, the fifth head of Rev. 13. Alexander the Great's Kingdom was divided by the four generals.

Rome was a Beast, the ONE THAT WAS, whilst John was writing the book of Revelation. Rome became DIVIDED (10) and could never reform. That is because Apollyon was placed in the pit, and the Church gave Rome a MORTAL WOUND, the Church could not be overcome by the gates of hell, thus we turned a Beast Nation into a Conveyor belt of the Gospel of Jesus Christ over time.

The Anti-Christ will be the Last Beast Head himself, he never passes his kingdom on to another king, thus he himself is THE BEAST who dominates and conquers the Whole Mediterranean Sea Region. He is then killed and cast into hell by Jesus and God the Father. When the Anti-Christ conquers Israel and THE MANY (All Nations in the Mediterranean Sea Region) he will thus HEAL THE WOUND f this Seven-Headed Beast that has been missing in action for nigh 2000 years in the region, all because there was NO ISRAEL to Beast over, thus there could be NO BEAST. And because Apollyon was locked in the pit.

Apollyon was thus OF ALL 7.............And he is an 8th (king of the pit). BUT....he has NO CROWNS, thus he has NO KINGDOM on this earth, that is Satan's alone, thus the CROWNS are his over the 7 in Rev. 12. But Apollyon is OF THE 7. Hes a Demon placed over a Region.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I was hoping for a succinct explanation of who the beast(s) are pictured in Revelation.
Beasts in Daniel and Revelation represent empires. But in Revelation 13 the Antichrist is also called "the Beast" because he is as ferocious and vicious as any beast. Daniel shows the progression of empires as related to Jerusalem and Israel. The Babylonian, Persian, Grecian and Roman empires are succeeded by the empire of the Antichrist (the other beast in Revelation 13) -- which is in fact worldwide, but lasts for only 3 1/2 years. The hiatus between the end of the Roman empire and rise of the Antichrist is the Church Age.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Ok. I believe we're in the days of the 7th trumpet (yes, which is the wrath of Almighty, involves the 7 bowls/vials, and includes the second coming).
We aren't in the days of the 7th trumpet. The Great Tribulation happens in the 6th trump and that hasn't started yet so the closest we can be is the 5th trump.

...In other words, the 7th seal encompasses the trumpet judgments...
The text doesn't support that. The 7th seal is only 30 min of silence in heaven. After that we are told about the 7 trumpets being given to the angels. That isn't part of the 7th seal.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
It is that 10 nation Confederacy, that is the beast with 10 heads.

The beast has 7 heads not 10.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
We aren't in the days of the 7th trumpet. The Great Tribulation happens in the 6th trump and that hasn't started yet so the closest we can be is the 5th trump.
Well do you believe Daniel 12:7 is concerning the time of great tribulation? If so, what was the GT meant to accomplish?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Well do you believe Daniel 12:7 is concerning the time of great tribulation?
No.

If so, what was the GT meant to accomplish?
The purpose of the Great Tribulation is Satan having great wrath against the remnant of the woman's seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

The prophecies are given to John in the same way prophecies are given to Daniel , Joseph, and Pharaoh (which Joseph interpreted). They're given symbolically meant to represent something real that happens in our physical world. Whether we're talking about beasts rising from the sea, statues that are crushed, grain that bows to Joseph, sickly-looking animals, or locust emerging from an abyss, The Almighty doesn't change His style of delivery. The visions are representative imagery.

Everything that's detailed in the book of Revelation happens. It's just that some of it happened before you or I was alive...and it happened in the natural.
First of all, many have erroneously approached the book of Revelation as being only symbolic. The way in which it should be read is that, if the literal sense makes good sense, then don't seek any other sense. By applying symbolism to everything, the literal meaning is lost and wrong conclusions are made based on this.

The key to understanding the chorology of Revelation, is found in Rev.1:19 when Jesus told John to write:

What you have seen = Everything thing from Rev.1:1 thru Rev.1:19

What is now = Represented by the letters to the church and which also represents the entire church period

What will take place later = Everything that takes place after the "what is now," i.e. after the church period

We are still living in the "What is now" portion of what John was told to write. Once the Lord comes to gather His church, then the "what must take place later" will begin. That said, everything that takes place from Rev.4:1 are all future events, which are specific to that last seven years.

In Rev.4:1 John hears a voice that sounds like a trumpet saying "come up here and I will show you what must take place after this," which is synonymous with the "what will take place later." The voice that sounds like a trumpet was identified in Rev.1:10 as being the Lord's. It is also synonymous with the 'trumpet call of God' found in 1 Thess.4:16 where the living are changed immortal and caught up.

Rev.4:1 is a prophetic allusion to where the church is gathered. In support of this, in chapters 1 thru 3 the word ekklesia/church is solely used 19 times. After that the word is never used again during the narrative of God's wrath and that because the church is no longer on the earth from that point on and which is a God given clue. The word hagios/saints is used from then on, which is referring to those saints who will have become believers after the church has been gathered and during the time of God's wrath which we are introduced to in Rev.7:9-17, many of whom will be killed during the great tribulation.

But we can't buy or sell without a social security number here in the states, issued to us at birth.
We have still with the details of the scripture here, which specifies that the mark will go on/in the right hand or forehead and that without it no one will be able to buy or sell. That said, the social security number does not reside on the hand or forehead and we can buy and sell without it. This mark will be related to electronic crediting and debiting replacing all other methods of buying and selling. Sweden is already using this mark technology by having RFID chips implanted under the skin between the index finger and thumb and are making purchases with it by the scan of their hands. Therefore, we have technology for the literal fulfillment of the mark.

The "mark of the beast" is old Elizabethan English. If we put it in our modern English it's the "character of the animal".

Take any animal and study its behavior day, after day, after day...and you will soon see that it does the same exact thing over and over and over, from a baby through adulthood until death. An animal's directive is to grow, eat, and multiply; replicate itself.

So when considering the beasts of Revelation, their directive is the same: grow (improve/advance), eat, and multiply. This doesn't change from the first moment the beast is introduced to the world until the day it's destroyed.

Today's world tells us we are "evolved animals" (Darwinism) and not beings created in Almighty's image, part of the "animal kingdom", and that we must be "the top dog" and "the head of the pack"; that indulging in our fleshly desires is natural. We fornicate like animals without matrimony. We fight to steal resources and territory from others just like animals do. We indulge in perverse proclivities just like animals do. We let fear or greed drive us to make decisions just like animals do, instead of standing on faith and trusting in the Almighty and Savior. And the systems and constructs and technology we've erected in this modern world serve to help us indulge in and nurture the animal that we're told we are.

Animals are selfish, greedy, lustful, dangerous, and live by their instincts. So can you not see the "mark of the beast" everywhere, and upon almost everyone already?

So while believers are waiting for a specific technology to emerge the beasts are continuing to spread their mark upon everyone.
As I already pointed out, the mark of the beast technology is already here in the literal, physical sense.

I Put A Payment Chip In My Hand To Replace My Wallet - Bing video

Why human microchipping is so popular in Sweden | ITV News - Bing video

The 'mark of the beast' has nothing to do with "old Elizabethan English' but the meaning is found in the Greek. The word 'mark' is translated from the Greek 'Charagma' which is defined as 'a stamp, impress, engraving, a stamp, sign. properly, an engraving (etching); (figuratively) a mark providing undeniable identification, like a symbol giving irrefutable connection between parties.' In this case, the mark will be an irrefutable connection between the wicked and the beast. Since John was seeing a vision 2000 years into the future, he had nothing to describe the technology of this mark and so the closest description for him was 'charagma.' However, he was able to give us the location of the mark which will be on/in the right hand or forehead. Instead of a card being swiped, the individuals mark will be scanned to electronically credit and debit one's bank account.

With respect, I'm not diluting the Wrath. You are, and then projecting that onto me. You're concluding that life wasn't horrible in the past and then you're making that also my conclusion since I've placed fulfillment of certain prophecies in the past.

Just because you and I weren't alive to see how horrible it was doesn't mean it wasn't horrible to the people that went through it. Life was horrible and severe. The average life expectance was around 35 at one point I think? And again, remember that the visions are representative imagery.

For example, history doesn't record there ever being actual winged lions that roamed the earth but that's what Daniel saw as an image representing Babylon. We can confirm that the image represented Babylon because their banner was literally of a winged lion.

Likewise, we must interpret the visions based on what they represent and then match them with events in human history.

Well regarding the events of the past, Jesus said that the events of that coming time period would be great tribulation such as the world has not seen, unequaled from the beginning, till now and never to be equaled again. Therefore, the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, and everything related which is all a part of God's wrath, will be the worst time in the history of the world, unequaled.

When you read the information regarding the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, the results of these plagues will take place literally. As an example, when that 5th trumpet is sounded, there will be real demonic beings resembling locusts coming up out of the Abyss which will torment the inhabitants of the earth with stings like that of scorpions. When the 4th angel pours out his bowl on the sun, it will give power to it which will scorch the inhabitants, searing them with intense heat. These are just examples. All that is written regarding these plagues of wrath will take place literally during that seven year time period. Anything that has already taken place, wars, disease, famine, etc., will be nothing in comparison to what is coming after the church has been removed from the earth.

What those videos above regarding the mark of the beast technology. They demonstrate also that the mark will be in the literal hand or forehead and will eventually become the only way of buying and selling during the last 3 1/2 years of that seven year period. This is why we have been seeing cash and checks being phased out and why the electronic crediting and debiting system is here.

Oct 23, 2020

Very interesting Joshua. I think also some others make similar points.

I suppose the point about the beasts is that they are all 4 footed, and thus closer to the serpent than to God.

Lev 11 42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four

Oct 23, 2020
I suppose the 4th beast is different in that it has iron teeth and brass claws
which are not beast parts....

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
First of all, many have erroneously approached the book of Revelation as being only symbolic. The way in which it should be read is that, if the literal sense makes good sense, then don't seek any other sense. By applying symbolism to everything, the literal meaning is lost and wrong conclusions are made based on this.

The key to understanding the chorology of Revelation, is found in Rev.1:19 when Jesus told John to write:

What you have seen = Everything thing from Rev.1:1 thru Rev.1:19

What is now = Represented by the letters to the church and which also represents the entire church period

What will take place later = Everything that takes place after the "what is now," i.e. after the church period

We are still living in the "What is now" portion of what John was told to write. Once the Lord comes to gather His church, then the "what must take place later" will begin. That said, everything that takes place from Rev.4:1 are all future events, which are specific to that last seven years.

In Rev.4:1 John hears a voice that sounds like a trumpet saying "come up here and I will show you what must take place after this," which is synonymous with the "what will take place later." The voice that sounds like a trumpet was identified in Rev.1:10 as being the Lord's. It is also synonymous with the 'trumpet call of God' found in 1 Thess.4:16 where the living are changed immortal and caught up.

Rev.4:1 is a prophetic allusion to where the church is gathered. In support of this, in chapters 1 thru 3 the word ekklesia/church is solely used 19 times. After that the word is never used again during the narrative of God's wrath and that because the church is no longer on the earth from that point on and which is a God given clue. The word hagios/saints is used from then on, which is referring to those saints who will have become believers after the church has been gathered and during the time of God's wrath which we are introduced to in Rev.7:9-17, many of whom will be killed during the great tribulation.

We have still with the details of the scripture here, which specifies that the mark will go on/in the right hand or forehead and that without it no one will be able to buy or sell. That said, the social security number does not reside on the hand or forehead and we can buy and sell without it. This mark will be related to electronic crediting and debiting replacing all other methods of buying and selling. Sweden is already using this mark technology by having RFID chips implanted under the skin between the index finger and thumb and are making purchases with it by the scan of their hands. Therefore, we have technology for the literal fulfillment of the mark.

As I already pointed out, the mark of the beast technology is already here in the literal, physical sense.

I Put A Payment Chip In My Hand To Replace My Wallet - Bing video

Why human microchipping is so popular in Sweden | ITV News - Bing video

The 'mark of the beast' has nothing to do with "old Elizabethan English' but the meaning is found in the Greek. The word 'mark' is translated from the Greek 'Charagma' which is defined as 'a stamp, impress, engraving, a stamp, sign. properly, an engraving (etching); (figuratively) a mark providing undeniable identification, like a symbol giving irrefutable connection between parties.' In this case, the mark will be an irrefutable connection between the wicked and the beast. Since John was seeing a vision 2000 years into the future, he had nothing to describe the technology of this mark and so the closest description for him was 'charagma.' However, he was able to give us the location of the mark which will be on/in the right hand or forehead. Instead of a card being swiped, the individuals mark will be scanned to electronically credit and debit one's bank account.

Well regarding the events of the past, Jesus said that the events of that coming time period would be great tribulation such as the world has not seen, unequaled from the beginning, till now and never to be equaled again. Therefore, the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, and everything related which is all a part of God's wrath, will be the worst time in the history of the world, unequaled.

When you read the information regarding the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, the results of these plagues will take place literally. As an example, when that 5th trumpet is sounded, there will be real demonic beings resembling locusts coming up out of the Abyss which will torment the inhabitants of the earth with stings like that of scorpions. When the 4th angel pours out his bowl on the sun, it will give power to it which will scorch the inhabitants, searing them with intense heat. These are just examples. All that is written regarding these plagues of wrath will take place literally during that seven year time period. Anything that has already taken place, wars, disease, famine, etc., will be nothing in comparison to what is coming after the church has been removed from the earth.

What those videos above regarding the mark of the beast technology. They demonstrate also that the mark will be in the literal hand or forehead and will eventually become the only way of buying and selling during the last 3 1/2 years of that seven year period. This is why we have been seeing cash and checks being phased out and why the electronic crediting and debiting system is here.
It's difficult to know where to begin for a response. So I'll just ask you the same question I asked ewq1938.

Do you believe Daniel 12:7 concerns the time of great tribulation? If so, what does the passage explain it's meant to accomplish?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
No.

The purpose of the Great Tribulation is Satan having great wrath against the remnant of the woman's seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
What is the purpose of the "time, times, and half-time" explained in Daniel 12:7? What was the "time, times, half-time" meant to accomplish?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
What is the purpose of the "time, times, and half-time" explained in Daniel 12:7? What was the "time, times, half-time" meant to accomplish?
I think that's pretty obvious from the verses. "time, times, half-time" was how much time there was before the end of the wonders Daniel was shown.

Dan 12:6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
Dan 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Dan 12:6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
Dan 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
The purpose of the "time, times, and half" was to scatter Daniel's people, that's when "the time of trouble" would be finished. Do you agree?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
The purpose of the "time, times, and half" was to scatter Daniel's people, that's when "the time of trouble" would be finished. Do you agree?
Yes.

Jun 7, 2021
There are obviously a wide range of views concerning who the beasts of Revelation are. I would like to suggest that we can get a lot out of the book of Revelation even is we are not sure which interpretation is correct. The book of Revelation is urgently relevant to our lives today. I explain how this works in this blog post:

The Book of Revelation is Practical and Applicable

Here's an image from the blog post:
Revelation is Practical rubber road.jpg

Oct 23, 2020
There are obviously a wide range of views concerning who the beasts of Revelation are. I would like to suggest that we can get a lot out of the book of Revelation even is we are not sure which interpretation is correct. The book of Revelation is urgently relevant to our lives today. I explain how this works in this blog post:

The Book of Revelation is Practical and Applicable

Here's an image from the blog post:
View attachment 228842
i think this is a wonderful piece Mark.
It really uplifted me.
I feel that the way you have extracted the essential DNA from Revelation is really excellent.
Well done.