Beating children

  • Thread starter Thread starter WBerry
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
not everyone who isnt diciplined is going to end up in jail...and if you want to smack or whip your kids or what ever other item you may use to the point they are in pain or crying while you stand there after doing it..yeah i think thats child abuse..you are meant to be the parent and your laying your hands on kids the only thing it will teach the kid is to do it behind your back without getting caught.
 
Discipline doesn't always have to mean hitting.

No one is saying to beat the kid plenty of us grew up getting spanked and turned out just fine, there is difference between spanking a child from time to time and beating a child
 
People here were using bare-bottom spanking, or whipping or hitting with switches as an example. That sounds a little sick and perverted to me.

Women who were abused as girls who had fathers who were hard on them are more likely to wind up being attracted to the types of men who are abusive. This is a fact.
 
not everyone who isnt diciplined is going to end up in jail...and if you want to smack or whip your kids or what ever other item you may use to the point they are in pain or crying while you stand there after doing it..yeah i think thats child abuse..you are meant to be the parent and your laying your hands on kids the only thing it will teach the kid is to do it behind your back without getting caught.

Hateful remarks from a disrespectful children are grounds for spankings in my book.
Interesting thing though... my 11 year old rarely gets spanked. He knows talking back to me will result in spanking. So he does not do it.
 
This is a bit touchy. One doesn't want child protective services showing up at the front door.

Anyway, I shared the following "Grounded For Life" video clip with my children.

TubeChop - Grounded For Life - S01E01 - Lily B. Goode [1/2] (00:33)
The more I see you post the more I like you.

My mother works for the TN Dept of Human Services. I know many Childrens Services workers because of her job. I was in the office with my son one day. He was acting up. In front of two employees I spanked him. Just a couple licks. Nothing was said. If my child needs to be corrected then I will do it immediately. Not wait until I am home. By that time they have forgotten what they have done.

Children's services here knows I spank(which is rare). They have never investigated me, and I have never been reported.
 
Discipline doesn't always have to mean hitting.
You're right. Spanking should not be the only form of discipline. Grounding, time out, whatever it takes to get the point across they should not misbehave. My son has a habit of getting up during the night after I am asleep and playing video games. His punishment is he loses game privileges. Not spanking.
If he talks back to me then I will spank, but I can't remember the last time he did that.
 
People here were using bare-bottom spanking, or whipping or hitting with switches as an example. That sounds a little sick and perverted to me.

Women who were abused as girls who had fathers who were hard on them are more likely to wind up being attracted to the types of men who are abusive. This is a fact.
The occasional swat is not going to make someone seek out an abusive spouse, a good parent knows that sometimes a child needs to be disciplined, nothing wrong with a swat from a switch eithier, that's what the bible refers to, the sting from a couple of swats reinforces the point,and never hurt anyone