becomming a christian

  • Thread starter Thread starter sandi
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sandi

Guest
I am new to this, I have always beleived but I am lost and confused. I want to give myself to the lord and beleive that he is my saviour. I just do not know anything. I was not brought up with religion in my life and I truely want to know what it means to be a christian. I want my life's path to lead to the lord and I am asking for guidance to help me.

Sandi
 
Hi There, I too am pretty new, I think sometimes just a simple kind of faith is good.I sometimes like to think that there is something watching over me. I guess when we are down its the first thing we do is ask GOD for soemthing. I know that im my heart some things in life are sent to try us, but if we try our best thats all we can do. I always say we all know right from wrong, and thats the best way to go about things I think. Hope this helps.... Kind Regards Mandy
 
All it takes is faith, one must believe there is a God, that He sent His only Son to die for us, that Jesus died on the cross, God the Father rose Him from the dead after 3 days, and that He's seated on the right hand side of the Father.

some scripture just for referance, not to bombard you or anything, just to try and help if possible, I'll pray for both of you, and God bless!

Romans 10:10-13 says "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED".

Acts 16:31 ''And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.''

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.''

1 John 4:9-10 ''In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
 
Sorry I meant to add the rest, and I was multitasking and everything else when I posted before, you must believe, confess, and repent. Believe in God and His word, confess Him as Lord, and repent of your sins.
 
Hi there. I am so glad that you have made up your mind to serve God. You are at a precious stage in your life. I am also glad that you have no religious experience. Sometimes it is religion that keeps us from truly knowing and experiencing the true God. Religion says don't do that and do this. Eventually it becomes a list of rules to live by. But do we truely know God? I have been strugling with this all my life and I did have the religious upbringing. I would like to introduce you to someone that helped set me free. No this is not a cult. I would like you to visit www.lifestream.tv sign up and become a member for free and look for pastor Myles Munroe and the bfmi family. Trust me, it will change your life, it did mine.