Before the Tower Of Babel, we all spoke One Language

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
People cannot all stay in one spot due to the drain on resources, which is why Abraham and Lot split up, and also why the people in Nod were descendants of A&E when Cain finally moved to that city and "knew" his wife. There was a teaching I heard recently, maybe even this morning, that was talking about how Hebrew was the first language. I think it was the Messianic Perspectives program on kari55 which can be listened to online @ kari55.com :)
I agree with this. But, in chatting with a young Muslim man, he informed me that language and writing began with their nation. Iraq.

Just a tidbit of info in case....:)

I do know from the Word that the Hebrews came from Eber. It should be easy to trace....right now my husband just yelled. Installing drawers and I know they aren't right. Back later. Pray for us! Please...:(

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I should think that Persia was before modern day Iraq but Islam always claims to out do Israel. The Ishmael over Isaac thing.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Kavik

Mar 25, 2017
He's partly right -

Mesopotamia ([the land] between the rivers), modern day Iraq, is where writing is thought to have originated. China and the Near East are next. All three areas independently developed writing, but Mesopotamia is thought to be the oldest.

Language, however, did not originate in any one place per se – it is a product of human evolution – people were speaking a heck of a long time before they were ever writing!

notuptome

May 17, 2013
He's partly right -

Mesopotamia ([the land] between the rivers), modern day Iraq, is where writing is thought to have originated. China and the Near East are next. All three areas independently developed writing, but Mesopotamia is thought to be the oldest.

Language, however, did not originate in any one place per se – it is a product of human evolution – people were speaking a heck of a long time before they were ever writing!
People did not evolve. God created them, male and female He created them.

Language originated with God in the garden with Adam and Eve. Language became corrupted by sin and evidenced at the tower of Babel.

Written language does not have an exact date of origin. Nobody wrote down the date they first blogged.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Here's one for you to burn out a couple brain cells. Why wasn't Eve surprised when the serpent spoke to her? Could Adam and Eve talk with the animals and understand them?
I only got a couple left so this might be last time I lean upon my own understanding. But luckily I got someone I can lean on. John 1:48

I never said a word to any female named Eve, I mean Pharaoh never said anything, dang it, I mean the serpent never spoke with Eve.
Besides the male and female didn't know how to communicate using the spoken word, that is why they were so easy to catch. The poor creatures running wild in the field, all you had to do was bait out a couple of places with figs trees and before you know it the sweet erotic aroma of figs ripening on the vine would draw them in and all you had to do was let them get their fill of the figs and you could catch them without causing any injury or harm.

The secret was the tryptophan. Check it out for yourself if you don't believe ole Pharaoh. Figs contain tryptophan so after eating a belly full they would get sleepy and it is a lot easier to bind a person when they are sleeping than when they are awake. But the secret was having meat for them to eat when you awoke them because once they tasted meat they became more agreeable with 'social order'

Hope you aren't going to say that man can develop the ability to speak naturally after saying people didn't evolve.

The gift of speaking in tongues, or rather the ability to communicate using the spoken word has to be acquired during a particular age range which is referred unto as the criticial period of development.

The ability to communicate using the spoken word (or language if you will) requires that during that critical period of development that the child not only hear the word spoken but must also actively engage in verbal interaction with a person who can speak. .

A child that does not acquire the gift of tongues during that period will lose for the rest of their life the ability to acquire language skills to speak or communciate with other human beings.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? John 1:50

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2016
Here's one for you to burn out a couple brain cells. Why wasn't Eve surprised when the serpent spoke to her? Could Adam and Eve talk with the animals and understand them?
It’s a good one.

In one sense she was ignorant to the fact that animals do not speak in the same tongue as mankind .

Satan who has no form desired to use a creature made from the dust to draw mankind away from the voice of God who also had no form. Before the fall of mankind Satan the father of lies could put his words on the lips of those kind, the other beast of the field(formed from dust, other than the human kind.

When the words came from the mouth of the serpent as most likely one of the more beautiful creatures before the fall of the glory of God .The soul did died when they believed the will of the serpent seen, as in instant gratification... the result of walking by sight receiving the reward. They tried to cover their nakedness (no faith)

The soul of mankind as the communicative source of God’s faith, not seen, was gone. You could say “no faith” as with a dead soul, a forward nation, natural unconverted man.

Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

That no faith represents those void the faith of God our line of communing, our soul food ,doing the will of another. ..

Christians die not receiving that not seen. By Christ’s faith that lives in us we await the promise of our new incorruptible body.

After the fall Satan no longer had the authority to put his words on the mouth of any creature. God knowing in advance had set up the ceremonial laws that spoke of the suffering of Christ in advance and the glory that would follow the time of reformation. He was always one step ahead of the god of this world.

One of those ceremonial laws used as a parable to preach the gospel beforehand had to do with the law that informs us God is not served by human hands or feet .They are used to represent the will .

1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ(Gospel) , and the glory that should follow.

In Romans we are informed how beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news . Not how beautiful is there mouths. We know feet are used to represent the gospel in parables. For instance when Christ said if I do not wash your feet you have no part in me (the gospel)

He is of one mind and always does whatsoever his should pleases for he performs that which he appoints to us as His Holy Spirit works in the believer to both will and perform His good pleasure, our imputed righteousness.

The ceremonial law that does help us understand God is not worshiped by human hands (will) He uses a unclean animal used to represent a un-believer (no faith) signified as a parable by an Ass.

It must be redeemed with a clean animal represented by Christ the redeemer. It as a parable giving us the spiritual understanding comparing it to the spiritual understands of Egypt parable. A complete picture of the gospel in respect to the suffering of Christ beforehand .

Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year.And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the Canaanites, as he sware unto thee and to thy fathers, and shall give it thee,That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD's.And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage: Exo 13:1

The parable working its self out below.

Now therefore, I pray you, tarry ye also here this night, that I may know what the LORD will say unto me more.And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do.And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab.And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me:And the ass saw me, and turned from me these three times: unless she had turned from me, surely now also I had slain thee, and saved her alive. Num 22:19

Today because we have the perfect word as the law of God, with no laws missing by which we could know him more adequately .It is sealed up tilt the end of time. Therefore no new revelations in any manner to include putting His words on the tongue of an Ass .

If any Ass today says thus sayeth the Lord, I saw him in a vision or heard a voice we are to believe not. (no faith)

Kavik

Mar 25, 2017

Language originated with God in the garden with Adam and Eve. Language became corrupted by sin and evidenced at the tower of Babel.

If you take Genesis literally, yes, I suppose the above would be correct.

Written language does not have an exact date of origin. Nobody wrote down the date they first blogged.

Yep – just a general time frame. Could have even been earlier; the earlier examples just not surviving to the present

CS1

May 23, 2012

If you take Genesis literally, yes, I suppose the above would be correct.

Yep – just a general time frame. Could have even been earlier; the earlier examples just not surviving to the present
Hmm are we not to take the context of Gen literally?

Kavik

Mar 25, 2017
Much of Genesis is the creation stories of the Jewish/Hebrew people. An explanation (from a more ‘global’ view), of why things in the world are the way they are; how they came to be. They answer, in part, questions on the origins of man and the world around him. Every culture in the world has similar stories. Whether taken literally or as allegory is a matter of personal belief.

If today we all practiced the religion of say, ancient Rome, how do you suppose something like Genesis would be regarded? Personally, in this scenario, I don’t think much differently than the creation stories of say, the Norse.

Mar 28, 2016
Much of Genesis is the creation stories of the Jewish/Hebrew people. An explanation (from a more ‘global’ view), of why things in the world are the way they are; how they came to be. They answer, in part, questions on the origins of man and the world around him. Every culture in the world has similar stories. Whether taken literally or as allegory is a matter of personal belief.

If today we all practiced the religion of say, ancient Rome, how do you suppose something like Genesis would be regarded? Personally, in this scenario, I don’t think much differently than the creation stories of say, the Norse.

If it was not prophecy then it could be treated like fairy tales and not a parable for which it is .

I see that parable similar as to the time period we are living in. Words have lost their meaning to convey the truth.

When addressing the younger today they say they are only words. It make me wonder that when he does come will he find faith or a worn out religious book that cannot do what it promises it can convert our soul and give us His spiritual understanding. No meaning as a law not subject to change no tress-pass.( anarchy )

Today the word divorce simply means.. I want a different partner .or marriage a union of any kind .Male and male , female with males, mankind with animals or adults with those who desire to have sex. the age is being challenged possibly the next on the downward spiral . The idea of looking down to see the hardware has become the doctrine of disassociation. Just use your own heart as a source of faith forget about reality .

Its what men do not learn about history in so much it repeats its self, at the fall of any nation moral decline is the front runner the marathon Olympic worker like that of Bruce Jenner..

Whats next marriage at 9? Some parents are starting sex change at 8 to accommodate the tower of Babel ,if it feels good do it doctrine of men

king907

Nov 29, 2017
That is an excellent question, to me, mankind, didn't receive emotions, like being surprised, until they ate from the Fruit of Knowledge, of good and evil. If you read further down the chapter of the book of Genesis, as soon as they ate the fruit, they became aware of their nakedness, and other emotions like fear came along with it. That's how I perceived reading that chapter.

Thank you for your question. You have opened my mind, body and spirit even more, God Bless.

and that is just my thoughts, just an FYI

king907

Nov 29, 2017
I have always been interested in the First language, due to how the stories is being portrayed, from Genesis, going down to the story of Noah's family. From reading Genesis, Adam and Eve could directly talk to God, like communicating with your next door neighbor. As the story goes to the Tower of Babel, it changes, and only certain people are talking to God now. Perhaps those who were chosen, to see, and speak to God now, are a few? perhaps? but the story of Noah, God wiped out the entire planet, because everything was wicked and evil at that time. After Noah, the stories become more about praying and listening. This lost language, to me is Thee language that was used to communicate, and talk to God Directly, and again, this is just my thoughts. Who knows, there's no evidence to find or support if it was the Hebrew language spoken from the Beginning of time. Only God will know.

Thank you all for your replies, God bless you my brothers and sisters. Lets get closer to being with our Heavenly Father, in Jesus Name.

Amen