BEFORE???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
I was speaking to a Christian brother about the rapture. He pointed out that God did not take Noah out of the world, but protected him and family in the ark during the destruction of the world. Meaning, we as Christians will be here during the tribulation, but protected. I thought about this conversation all the way home; and like so many times things do not come to mind until well after the fact.... sad but true....

Pondering what my friend said I realized the whole point of destruction of the Earth is different than Noah's Flood. (we will assume litteral because I believe the Bible.... A great flood that killed all things and people except sea creatures and Noha, his family and the animals on the ark....

Any way, when Messiah returns the whole goal is different. With Noah they were to repopulate the Earth, after the Tribulation Jesus will set up His Kingdom.... so He can take Christians out in the rapture before the tribulation.

I just cannot by into the rapture will not happen before the tribulation....???

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I believe the phrase "[as] the days of Noe/Noah [were]," where used (Matt24:37, Lk17:26-27), that it speaks to the events surrounding His Second Coming to the earth (NOT our Rapture, per context), and that this parallels how both Daniel 2:35 and Genesis 9:1 talk about "[actively] FILL/FILLED the [whole] earth" (following the "judgment"). The phrase "like the days of Noah" is found also in Isaiah 54:9, which chapter [in my Bible] is "headed" with the words "Future Blessings for Zion" (I realize this is a label man has attached, but it appears to be accurate as the subject of the chapter, to me.) I especially like the last verse, verse 17, which says,

"17 'No weapon formed against you shall prosper,

and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.

This is the heritage of the LORD’s servants,

and their vindication is from Me,'

declares the LORD."

I believe "Enoch" more accurately represents "IN TYPE" our Rapture/Departure... "God took him" [a SINGULAR man] BEFORE the flood-judgment came upon the earth.

There will be "believers" (those having come to faith FOLLOWING our Rapture/Departure) existing on the earth DURING the trib, and that is who I believe these passages about "[as] the day of Noah [were]" speak with regard to, if that makes sense; some of whom will ENTER the MK age as "still-living" saints in mortal bodies (capable of reproducing/bearing children... just as in Noah's day). Daniel 12:12, for example (among many other verses).

Thoughtful post. (y)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ ADDING to the above: Here's a small portion of a post I made some time back (one point from it):

[quoting]

--"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which GOD GAVE UNTO HIM, TO SHEW UNTO His servants" [7:3-4 for example] things which must come to pass [see 4:1 (the future aspects)] IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]"--see also Luke 18:1-8 which follows on the heels of Luke 17:22-37-- 18:8 - "He will avenge them IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" and where is found the words "when the Son of man having come will he find the faith on the earth?" (recall, I had said ALL "Son of man cometh/shall come/coming/etc" refers to His Second Coming to the earth [NOT to our Rapture])]"

[end quoting that post]

I believe this "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" time period is the 7-year tribulation period which will unfold upon the earth FOLLOWING our Rapture/Departure, (and will involve "judgments" etc) and will lead UP TO His Second Coming to the earth, FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I just cannot by into the rapture will not happen before the tribulation....???
Think of Enoch (Noah's great grandfather) when you think about the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. (Heb 11:5) [Note: One could legitimately substitute the word "raptured" for "translated". Those who are raptured will not experience death]

Then think of Lot and how he was removed from Sodom forcibly before Sodom and Gomorrah were judged. He was not subject to God's wrath even though he chose to live among perverts. That is an expression of God's grace, and God called him "righteous"!