BEHOLD, THE BRIDEGROOM COMETH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
I fail to completely understand what you've posted. I can see that the witnesses can represent the Law and the Prophets, (Moses and Elijah},

Zech 4:3&6, The 2 witnesses are the word of the Lord, literally, "in the flesh".

But what flesh, does the "word" take?

--

Not Jesus, He was already here. He is the Word of God "in the flesh".

It was His spirit that was the Word.

The spirit of God's will put into words and given to the world.

--

Israel is the "flesh" of the Word Matt 24:22, just as Jesus is, just like we as Christians are by the Holy Spirit Acts 2:38.

The words of God are inside us, part of us.

Israel is the "embodiment" of the Word.

We pass on the words of God, the spirit of God's love to the world.

The words of God bring life and love to the world, His words are the fountain of life that flows from the throne Matt 4:4.

---

The 2 witnesses are Israel, the natural branches.

They have the Law and the Prophets, but not the Holy Spirit, or there would be 3 witnesses.

--

The Word of God, has kept them alive through the ages, causing them to be persecuted, but also causing them to survive.

Persecuted by Roman nations, but they were unable to completely destroy them.

The powers that attacked Israel, were themselves destroyed by the words of God, Rev 11:5.

Rome, Hitler, all have fallen, but Israel remains.

but a large part of Jerusalem was already in Israeli hands before 1967. They then took the Temple mount, East Jerusalem and the west bank which was part of Jordan before the six day war.

The times of the gentiles end when Israel is restored to control of Jerusalem Lk 21:24.

The city is now completely under the control of the Israelite military, that is all that is required by Lk 21:24.

How exactly is the three and a half times divided to stretch from AD70 until 1967?

The 7 times is divided into 2, 3 1/2's.

--

The 1st 3 1/2 times is from the declaration of the angel in Babylon, Dan. 12:6-7, until 70 ad when the power of the holy people is scattered.

--

The 2nd 3 1/2 times is from 70 ad until Israel is restored to control of Jerusalem.

--

It is this 2nd 3 1/2 that the Revelation focuses on.

The 2 witnesses are outside Jerusalem for the times of the gentiles,

When the times of the gentiles end the natural branches return to witness there.

The woman of Rev ch 12, is chased by the waters of the dragon nation, until she returns from the wilderness to Jerusalem, home.

Both examples show the times of the gentiles until Israel is restored to Jerusalem.

--

This is the same time as the statue of nations in Dan. 2.

The statue ends when Israel is no longer under the rule of the gentile nations and is restored to Jerusalem.

This would complete the 7 times.

and what exactly is Israel supposed to be witnessing at present seeing that they are still in a state of unbelief regarding Christ as their Messiah.

Israel is witnessing through the OT, Jn 5:39.

They must accept Jesus, Acts 2:38, to be saved, but they have not recognized their own witness, yet.

I don't think, that as a nation, that they will accept Jesus.

But I believe that all of them who do accept Jesus will be saved, although they might not be in the majority.

All who claim to be Israel, are not Israel in God's eyes, only those after the spirit.

So it's hard to tell exactly how many will believe.

It is only at the second coming that a remnant will be saved

After the 2nd coming, then comes the end, when death is destroyed, and Jesus delivers the kingdom up to the Father, 1 Cor 15:23-28.

The remnant who are saved at this time are those who accept Jesus and are eternally saved.

There will be no flesh after Jesus comes, 1 Cor 15:50.

Mar 28, 2016
The prophets , I believe will be Elijah and Moses.. Moses was not taken to heaven at the time of his death. He was buried but his grave has never been found. In Mark 9:4.........Moses was resurrected at some point in time before this.
Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel..... (the married land the new Jerusalem prepared as His bride, the church.)

Moses who typified the law of God was used in a parable as to why he was not permitted to enter heaven, he struck the rock twice .The law, striking Christ .One was was needed, according to the commandment.

Yes the law (Moses) and prophets ( Elijah) .... sola scriptural, the two witnesses

We know flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God. Both were used a s parable in respect to the first resurrection .

When the graves were typified as open and the souls (not seen ) entered heaven the holy city the new Jerusalem , the bride of Christ ,witnessed by many angels.

When Christ said it was finished the veil was rent...it opened the graves nothing could hold the old testament saints, the wage was paid in full.. From then on seeing the work is finished all Christians enter that place of rest, the first resurrection..

On the last day the saints that remain reigning with Christ on earth will be called upward (rapture) by the last trump the voice of Christ and meet with those who had been awakened from their sleep and in the twinkling of a eye both will receive their new incorruptible bodies .The second and final resurrection.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
This thread focuses on the Parable of the Ten Virgins but it really does need to be widened in order to have more understanding of that Parable. In Luke Jesus gave another Parable as follows...

Then said one unto him Lord are there few that be saved? And he said unto them Strive to enter in at the strait gate
for many I say unto you will seek to enter in an will not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up and hath shut the door and ye begin to stand without and to knock at the door saying Lord Lord open unto us and he shall answer and say unto you I know you not whence you are depart from me all you workers of iniquity. Then ye shall begin to say We have eaten and drunk in thy presence and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say I tell you I know not whence ye are depart from me all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth when ye shall see Abraham Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves thrust out. And they shall come from the east and from the west and from the north and from the south and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. And behold there are last that shall be first and there are first that shall be last.

Luke 13:23-30

Here is another

Not everyone who saith unto me Lord Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many shall say in that day Lord Lord have we not prophesied in thy name have cast out devils and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then I will I profess unto them I never knew you. Depart from me ye who work iniquity

Matthew 7:22-23

In these parables Jesus makes it clear that there will be people who appeared to be genuine outwardly but inwardly were not. Because of all the things they had done in Jesus name they expected to be rewarded. But their motivation was wrong
They had no real relationship with Christ in their lives. Their whole life was a sham because none of what they did was in obedience to God. They were like many unsaved people who think if you live a good life you will go to heaven.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins should be viewed in this wider context. It is another story that Jesus gave to drive home
the lesson he was giving his hearers at the time. It was given in the context of a Jewish wedding because he was speaking to Jews who were familiar with the wedding customs of that time. His whole ministry was directed at them the lost sheep of the house of Israel but of course it also applies to us as well.

Last edited:

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
This thread focuses on the Parable of the Ten Virgins but it really does need to be widened in order to have more understanding of that Parable. In Luke Jesus gave another Parable as follows...

Then said one unto him Lord are there few that be saved? And he said unto them Strive to enter in at the strait gate
for many I say unto you will seek to enter in an will not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up and hath shut the door and ye begin to stand without and to knock at the door saying Lord Lord open unto us and he shall answer and say unto you I know you not whence you are depart from me all you workers of iniquity. Then ye shall begin to say We have eaten and drunk in thy presence and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say I tell you I know not whence ye are depart from me all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth when ye shall see Abraham Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves thrust out. And they shall come from the east and from the west and from the north and from the south and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. And behold there are last that shall be first and there are first that shall be last.

Luke 13:23-30

Here is another

Not everyone who saith unto me Lord Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many shall say in that day Lord Lord have we not prophesied in thy name have cast out devils and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then I will I profess unto them I never knew you. Depart from me ye who work iniquity

Matthew 7:22-23

In these parables Jesus makes it clear that there will be people who appeared to be genuine outwardly but inwardly were not. Because of all the things they had done in Jesus name they expected to be rewarded. But their motivation was wrong
They had no real relationship with Christ in their lives. Their whole life was a sham because none of what they did was in obedience to God. They were like many unsaved people who think if you live a good life you will go to heaven.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins should be viewed in this wider context. It is another story that Jesus gave to drive home
the lesson he was giving his hearers at the time. It was given in the context of a Jewish wedding because he was speaking to Jews who were familiar with the wedding customs of that time. His whole ministry was directed at them the lost sheep of the house of Israel but of course it also applies to us as well.

The 10 virgins,

How much time was there between the call and the arrival of the groom?

What is the meaning of this space of time?

The arrival of the groom was not instantly after the announcement.

Will we be alerted to His coming? (yes)

Will we know that He is coming? (yes)

See how the judgement follows this passage.

The final judgement Rev 20.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016

On a web page, Western Journalism, (WJ).

Iran is now building missiles in Lebanon, in an underground base.

The missiles will be able to strike all of Israel.

---

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
Same story more details, on World Tribune site.

100,000 missiles ready to strike Israel from Lebanon.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Zec 4:1  Then the angel who had been speaking with me returned and woke me up as if I had been asleep. 

Zec 4:2  Then he asked me, "What do you see?" So I said, "I have been watching—and look!—there is a menorah made completely of gold with a bowl on top of it. And there are seven lights on it, along with seven feeder channels to the lamps, which are also on top of it.

Zec 4:3  Two olive trees are near it, one on the right side of the bowl and one on the left." 

Zec 4:4  Then I asked the angel who had been speaking with me, "Sir, what are these?" 

Zec 4:5  The angel who had been speaking with me answered by asking, "You don't know what these mean, do you?" So I responded, "No, sir." 

Zec 4:6  Then he replied to me, "This is this message from the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by valor nor by strength, but only by my Spirit,' says the LORD of the Heavenly Armies. 

Zec 4:7  'Who are you, great mountain? You will become a plain in Zerubbabel's presence, and he will position the capstone, exulting over it, "How beautiful! How beautiful!"'" 

Zec 4:8  Then this message from the LORD came to me again:

Zec 4:9  "Zerubbabel's hands have laid the foundation of this Temple, and his hands will finish it, so that you will know that the LORD of the Heavenly Armies has sent me to all of you.

Zec 4:10  For who has despised the time of insignificant things? They will rejoice to see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. These seven lights represent the eyes of the LORD, which are looking throughout all of the earth." 

Zec 4:11  Then I asked the angel, "What are these two olive trees, one on the right of the menorah and one on the left?" 

Zec 4:12  I also asked him a second question: "What are these two olive branches on either side of the two golden feeder channels that carry the golden oil to the seven lights?"

Zec 4:13  The angel replied, "You don't know what these are, do you?" I responded to him, "No, sir." 

Zec 4:14  He said, "These are the two anointed ones, who continually stand beside the Lord of the whole earth." 

Rev 11:3  I will give my two witnesses who wear sackcloth the authority to prophesy for 1,260 days."

Rev 11:4  These witnesses are the two olive trees and the two lamp stands standing in the presence of the Lord of the earth. 

I thought that this was speaking of Jesus and those Sons who walked in His fullness.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
Zec 4:1  Then the angel who had been speaking with me returned and woke me up as if I had been asleep. 

Zec 4:2  Then he asked me, "What do you see?" So I said, "I have been watching—and look!—there is a menorah made completely of gold with a bowl on top of it. And there are seven lights on it, along with seven feeder channels to the lamps, which are also on top of it.

Zec 4:3  Two olive trees are near it, one on the right side of the bowl and one on the left." 

Zec 4:4  Then I asked the angel who had been speaking with me, "Sir, what are these?" 

Zec 4:5  The angel who had been speaking with me answered by asking, "You don't know what these mean, do you?" So I responded, "No, sir." 

Zec 4:6
  Then he replied to me, "This is this message from the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by valor nor by strength, but only by my Spirit,' says the LORD of the Heavenly Armies.

The things that were seen in the vision, are literally the "word", "message" of God to the king.

The 2 witnesses are again, literally the "message", "word" of God to His people.

What is the Word of God? The OT? in which this message to Zerubbabel is only a part?

The message of the OT is Jesus, Jn 5:39. The Law and the Prophets.

Who is the witness of Jesus? Israel, wild and natural branches.

This is the flesh through which the spirit speaks.

But even though the natural branches have rejected Jesus and the kingdom,

They are still witnesses to the Law and Prophets,

Unsaved, but still witnesses,

with hope that they will eventually have the vail lifted.

Maybe there was a time when we were not believers, unsaved, but the grace of God opened our eyes to Jesus.

The same opportunity calls to the natural branches.

---

Zec 4:7  'Who are you, great mountain? You will become a plain in Zerubbabel's presence, and he will position the capstone, exulting over it, "How beautiful! How beautiful!"'" 

Zec 4:8  Then this message from the LORD came to me again:

Zec 4:9  "Zerubbabel's hands have laid the foundation of this Temple, and his hands will finish it, so that you will know that the LORD of the Heavenly Armies has sent me to all of you.

Zec 4:10  For who has despised the time of insignificant things? They will rejoice to see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. These seven lights represent the eyes of the LORD, which are looking throughout all of the earth." 

Zec 4:11  Then I asked the angel, "What are these two olive trees, one on the right of the menorah and one on the left?" 

Zec 4:12  I also asked him a second question: "What are these two olive branches on either side of the two golden feeder channels that carry the golden oil to the seven lights?"

Zec 4:13  The angel replied, "You don't know what these are, do you?" I responded to him, "No, sir."

Zec 4:14  He said, "These are the two anointed ones, who continually stand beside the Lord of the whole earth."

If they are with God continually, then they are spirits.

If they are with God continually, then they are not apart from His presence, cannot depart from His presence.

Rev 11:3  I will give my two witnesses who wear sackcloth the authority to prophesy for 1,260 days."

The 2 witnesses are literally the message of God to human souls through Israel.

The message is repent, and accept Jesus as the Messiah.

Israel is the river through which the words of life flow out to the world, Jn 4:14

The time of sackcloth is while Israel is in mourning for Jerusalem.

When Israel is restored to Jerusalem (witness in Jerusalem), then the time for mourning is over.

-----

The time that is mentioned is symbolic of the times of the gentiles Lk 21:24,

Where it says that the city is "trampled under foot", 70 ad until 1967.

----

Rev 11:4
  These witnesses are the two olive trees and the two lamp stands standing in the presence of the Lord of the earth.

I thought that this was speaking of Jesus and those Sons who walked in His fullness.
The seals and the trumpets together, are the story of the little scroll.

They describe the natural branches from the rejection of the gospel, until they are restored to Jerusalem, mainly.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
Assad ok's Iranian navel base in Syria.

Website, zerocensorship.

=======

Wall Street Journal,

Israeli jets strike Syria.

Syria fires missiles at the jets.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
worldjewishdaily.com

Iran is establishing bases in the Golan Heights.

==================

The winds of destruction are blowing from across the Euphrates toward Jerusalem.

Rev 7:1, "...four angels...holding the four winds..."

Rev 9:14, "....loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates..."

Rev 9:16, "And the number of the army...."

----

The winds of destruction are blowing from across the Euphrates towards Jerusalem.

Wake up !

Jesus is coming !

He will be coming after Jerusalem falls to Iran and it's allies, Magog.

P

popeye

The 10 virgins,

How much time was there between the call and the arrival of the groom?

What is the meaning of this space of time?

The arrival of the groom was not instantly after the announcement.

Will we be alerted to His coming? (yes)

Will we know that He is coming? (yes)

See how the judgement follows this passage.

The final judgement Rev 20.
There were 2 calls

On the second,there was an immediate arrival.

The delay after the first call is where we are now.

The foolish were barred entry,resulting in indirect "judgement"

Note that Jesus said " pray that you are counted worthy to escape the things about to come upon the earth..."

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Will you please be more specific?

Thank You.
I certainly will.

Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Luke 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that ALL things which are written may be fulfilled.

We know that not 40 years after Jesus spoke the above words that Jerusalem was surrounded by armies, and that it's destruction by the armies of Rome would certainly fall under days of vengeance for killing the prophets and those that Jesus sent to "them".

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Jesus stated that during that time that ALL which was written would be fulfilled which would include "the bridegroom coming" for this is also prophesied in the old covenant.

Unless you can find a "wedding" not associated with the old testament prophecies and the promise to Israel then we have prima facie evidence that the "bridegroom" appeared for his "bride" in the 1st century.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
Brother Popeye,

There were 2 calls
I think it shows only one call in Matt 25:6.

On the second,there was an immediate arrival.
V 10, "the bridegroom came"

The delay after the first call is where we are now.

Sure, I would agree that the call has already been made.

I have made the call, and will continue to make the call......until He comes.

Behold the Bridegroom Cometh !

Jesus will come for us 3 1/2 days after Jerusalem falls to Iran and it's allies.

--

First, the call can only be made after the prophecies of the Bible are understood and are explainable.

Jesus speaks to us by the Holy Spirit of love, and through his Word, the Bible.

We shouldn't expect a vision or something that can't be explained, something that is partially in darkness, hidden.

Jesus is light, understanding, reason, truth, everything we need to know about our salvation is in the Bible.

So if there is any true knowledge, or understanding, or wisdom, or truth, it will be found there.

The Bible tells us the answers, when we understand what the answers are, then we can understand what is the truth, and what the prophecies are saying.

That is the only way, the only true method of understanding the prophecies.

--

Second, If they can be understood by one person, then he should be able to explain the answers to others using the Bible.

These prophecies are reasonable, we can reason them out, they are logical.

The problem has been "perspective".

When the Revelation was written, the symbols were probably understood, but it was not seen when, in the timeline.

Now 1900 yrs later, we can see things that have already happened, (dest of Jeru)

And the most important recent event of all, the restoration of Jerusalem to Israel.

The foolish were barred entry,resulting in indirect "judgement"

Well, I would say that the judgement seems to be pretty direct to me.

They are shut out and cannot enter, ever.

Note that Jesus said " pray that you are counted worthy to escape the things about to come upon the earth..."

Lk 21:34-38, This is about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 ad., see verses Lk 21:20-24.

--

v 35, "For as a snare shall it come upon all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth."

This was spoken to the 4 apostles who were present when Jesus said this.

The "whole earth " at the time that this was written was anywhere there was an Israelite Acts 2:5.

The center of the world was, and still is, Jerusalem.

So the snare was the destruction of Jerusalem, if you didn't believe the words of Jesus that it was coming and escape.

--

v 36, "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

"accounted worthy to escape"..... by believing the words of Jesus.

"stand before the Son of man".....stand worthy, stand worthy by the blood of Jesus....as opposed to being cast away from Him.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
I certainly will.

Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Luke 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance,
70 ad, yes.

that ALL things which are written may be fulfilled.
I'm a little fuzzy on your understanding of this statement.

Are you saying everything in the whole Bible was fulfilled by 70 ad?

Every OT prophecy?

Every OT and NT prophecy?

Revelation, completely fulfilled?

The second resurrection already happened?

Death is destroyed?

We know that not 40 years after Jesus spoke the above words that Jerusalem was surrounded by armies, and that it's destruction by the armies of Rome would certainly fall under days of vengeance for killing the prophets and those that Jesus sent to "them".

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Agree

Jesus stated that during that time that ALL which was written would be fulfilled which would include "the bridegroom coming" for this is also prophesied in the old covenant.
I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are saying, but, I can't see the dest of Jeru as a wedding, if that's what you're saying.

You did notice that the stories of the 10 virgins and the tares were spoken AFTER Jesus said all these things will be fulfilled before this generation passes. All these thing being Matt 24:1-34.

The passage says Matt 25:1, "Then shall the kingdom.....", meaning after the dest of Jeru.

Unless you can find a "wedding" not associated with the old testament prophecies and the promise to Israel then we have prima facie evidence that the "bridegroom" appeared for his "bride" in the 1st century.
I don't understand, are you saying Pentecost was the wedding?

A little more explanation?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
7I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are saying, but, I can't see the dest of Jeru as a wedding, if that's what you're saying.

You did notice that the stories of the 10 virgins and the tares were spoken AFTER Jesus said all these things will be fulfilled before this generation passes. All these thing being Matt 24:1-34.
Mat 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

Mat 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

Mat 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

You do realise that the wedding is not an actual wedding with cake and confetti right?

The "wedding" happens around the same time of the "harvest":

The wedding and the harvest are all part and parcel of the same motif.

Christ is spoken of as having the winnowing fork in his hand by John the Baptist:

Mat 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire

John previously warned his listeners:

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

That there is an "audience" related connection between the harvest and the "wrath to come" is evident from Matt 3:12.

The harvest was ready in Christ's ministry, John's gospel identifies the timing and who were being harvested:

John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

Mat 9:38 KJV Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

I think we are well within reason to say the "labourers" were his apostles and disciples of the 1st century.

Jesus gives us a slightly different view point of the tares and wheat of John's "gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff."

Mat 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

This is an obvious allusion to 1st century destruction Jerusalem.

Therefore we can conclude that the wedding/harvest were a 1st century phenomena.

I don't understand, are you saying Pentecost was the wedding?
Nope.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
Mat 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

Mat 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

Mat 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

You do realise that the wedding is not an actual wedding with cake and confetti right?

The "wedding" happens around the same time of the "harvest":

The wedding and the harvest are all part and parcel of the same motif.

Christ is spoken of as having the winnowing fork in his hand by John the Baptist:

Mat 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire

John previously warned his listeners:

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

That there is an "audience" related connection between the harvest and the "wrath to come" is evident from Matt 3:12.

The harvest was ready in Christ's ministry, John's gospel identifies the timing and who were being harvested:

John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

Mat 9:38 KJV Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

I think we are well within reason to say the "labourers" were his apostles and disciples of the 1st century.

Jesus gives us a slightly different view point of the tares and wheat of John's "gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff."

Mat 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

Therefore we can conclude that the wedding/harvest were a 1st century phenomena.

Nope.

I will answer your post but it is late here.

-

But you will not be plain and specific to the comments and questions that I have asked you.

--

The wedding takes place when?

The dest of Jeru?

After Pentecost?

Exactly when??

Is it a secret, that you want to hide?

--

"All is fulfilled" (Lk21) by 70 ad?

All the OT prophecies?

OT and NT?

Revelation?

Is what you are saying a secret?

You want me to try to figure out what YOU believe?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
We need to agree on the wedding/harvest timing before jumping around to other issues, if you can't agree with this what would be the point?

"
Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers,
and burned up their city.

Therefore we can conclude that the wedding/harvest were a 1st century phenomena."

This would be at the end of the 66-70 AD war.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
We need to agree on the wedding/harvest timing before jumping around to other issues, if you can't agree with this what would be the point?

If you go back and look, I have agreed with you on several points.

Of course, we usually get hung up on the differences rather than the similarities.

One key difference is the time line evaluation.

How hard is it for you to give me you time line opinion?

Just a few words.

Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers,
and burned up their city.

I agree

But when does the wedding in Matt:1-14 take place?

The king burns the city in v 7, but is still bringing in guests,

So the wedding will take place sometime after the city was burned.

It doesn't say that the wedding takes place, only that all things are ready.

Therefore we can conclude that the wedding/harvest were a 1st century phenomena."

The wedding cannot take place before all the guests have arrived.

At this present time, people are still entering into the kingdom, still coming to Christ, so the kingdom is not yet complete.

--

1 Cor 15:23-28, The main time line, 5 events

1. The resurrection of Jesus

2. Those who are Christs at His coming

3. Death is destroyed, v 26, also see Rev 20:14-15

4. The kingdom is delivered up to the Father, (the finished kingdom, after the coming of Jesus and the last resurrection, the end v 24)

5. Jesus subjected to the Father v 28

See how the kingdom is delivered up to the Father AFTER death is destroyed in Rev 20:14-15 and Rev 21:2,9, 10.

So the wedding cannot take place until after death is destroyed and we are with the Father..

This would be at the end of the 66-70 AD war.
I don't see how the dest of Jerusalem is a wedding.

It is compared to a wedding and a harvest, but the resurrection/harvest have not happened yet, and certainly not the wedding.

=====================

Matt 26:29, "But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."

Fulfilled by 70 ad?