Being a Loner

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

doll

I been a loner most of my life and I can't say it's by choice. Sometimes I think being the only child made me socially awkward. Like I don't know how to be around people. I was always nervous, afraid of their judgement. I wanted them to like me but it just never happened. I never had a playmate in elementary school, people in high school steered clear of me. I did end up meeting a couple cool kids in alternative school ...turned out some of them were just boys crushing on me. Well one friend there lasted a lifetime but he lives so far away I only talk to em on facebook. Ahh facebook! the invention of that sort of helped me heal socially. I have made a couple of friends there buts till no one who would ever come visit me or call. To be honest phone convos make me nervous too.
well turns out I am not alone in living such a lonely life...I have seen other people online who feel that way here at CC. So I will extend my friendship. I will probably never meet anyone from here either but, talking helps kill the pain. Even just on private messages and forum.

I will be starting a new job soon, though ill be socializing there I am not really afraid like I used to be. Probably because I don't care what my coworkers think and I am not going in with the idea of trying to make friends, just money. But it will be nice to be around people. To joke and laugh and be myself without concern.

Sometimes it still just makes me sad, like I could have been a really great friend to someone. Oh well I guess God wants me to be alone. At least I got my son.

alexis

Banned by Admin Team (verified fraud)
Dec 5, 2013
I love you....

Oct 31, 2011
God did not create us to be alone, but each of us to be part of a bigger whole. In the Old Testament that gives living examples of how people lived and what God thought about it through the prophets, almost everyone was identified as being of a certain tribe. No one thought of themselves as only individuals, as we do now, but as part of a group. Man has created a world that is not the same as God asked us to create it, we didn't follow the operating instructions.

For us Christians, we need to put on Christ. It isn't how we can acquire friends, but how we can listen to others, how we can support and build them up. Just deciding to forget yourself and your needs next time you are near someone, and truly, from your heart listen carefully to what they have to say is working for the Lord.

G

i'd like to be friends.. i've felt that way, a lot of what you've described

there have been times when i don't feel i was seen as a loner, but i've always felt like one.

R

Richie_2uk

Hey Doll. God bless hunny. I know what you feel, and still I'm alone. but the odd thing, I been so alone so long. I'm actually happy about it. I accepted it and I don't think I could ever go into a relationship with anyone. However, at first It was my choice, but because I stuck to that choice, I live by it each and everyday. I lost out plenty of opertunities, well I lost out altogether. because of my stupid choice to be single. I left it too late. But God has been there for me so in a sense Im not totally alone. and plus i have my Cat. lol

But all I'm saying, I feel you, and I know how you feel being alone. But as for friendship? I don't know how you feel about talking to men, or being friends with guys my age. But anytime you want a male friend, and only as a friend. just know you can message me anytime. If you don't want to. Please I understand. and I respect you for it. But I know I have made some awsome friends on here on cc. and I know you could never be alone on cc. As people will be willing to be friends with you. God bless.

Petals

Nov 29, 2012
I've never felt lonely, however the term 'loner' is a very hurtful thing to label somebody with.. no matter how much somebody might try to make it seem cool.. it's still never cool to be one. Most ppl that are alone, I don't think they tend to choose to be alone, whether it be social awkwardness or living somewhere where they are faraway from ppl.. calling them such a name over something they can't help, is really not a pleasant thing for them to have to endure cos they already have to deal with being by themselves. but I seem to get on with most ppl on cc, which is all that matters & it makes my time on here totally worth my while! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
May 3, 2013
" I can't say it's by choice. " (...) Allow me to say it is. Look around and see...

You are a DOLL, a real doll, who has been broken.

God will heal you to be the real you.

Last edited:
G

Im always a loner all the time