being goth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Yeah, Goth. Its totally cool.... obviously

H

Helloimandrewyo

hott.

but seriously, are you really attractive when everyone that looks like you are the onlly ones who find you attractive? At that point you are equally attractive as everyone else, which makes nobody attractive.

H

Helloimandrewyo

She does have some pretty wicked side tails though.

i miss my side tails.

C

Crimeny

appearances are not well worth the trouble because if you do not keep control of them, they can soon dominate the way you live, and you start forgetting about Jesus and God, and you move away from who you really are.

also most secular movies including horror and other stuff are not very good spiritually, the subliminal messages/undertones along with occultic symbolism invite bad influences into your life, whether you realize it (not usually) or not.

H

Helloimandrewyo

I don't know, as far as exorcism movies i thought "the rite" was an especially good movie. Good lesson on how much power christians really do have over the devil with the power given to us through Christ.

A lot of the same people who have issues with horror movie totally sign off on Frank Peretti. Where is the difference in that?

M

misscathy

there is nothing wrong with being goth at all its just a style and its totaly awsome!! :D and it does not lead to bad stuff so be who you want to be :)
and horror movies do not brainwash you! i know many of christians who watch bloody horror stuff its fine it wont control your mind and it wont change your faith and you will still love god, and to person who said occutism is brainwashed into peoples heads by movies it is not it is a choice it a relidgion and it is called witchcraft and everyone should respect it

Last edited:
J

Jesusfan2

"Like you said, it's TAKING A TOLL ON YOU..I have a friend who watches Naruto so much that he now *Meditates* so he can improve his *smelling and visual abilities*. So you see how these things can tell a toll on somebody..

While it might not be a sin, it might be very addictive and dangerous :)"

I really agree, Tobby!

"I don't know how spiritual you are but certain stuff can open doors in your life for demonic activity. How you dress is up to you. I personally have always liked the goth look. I am more careful these days about what I watch. I will say this though.....The fact you've asked the question may mean the holy spirit is bringing it to your attention. I'm not a goth myself. I used to be a skinhead before Jesus got a hold of me. Anyway it's your walk with God. I'd advise against watching vampire and werewolf movies though. Hope this has helped you.

Lee "

Yes, exactly... It can open these doors...

"I don't think it is a sin. The guys who sacked Rome and inhabited Spain were not all bad.

My question is simply what are the redeeming qualities of embracing so much darkness? What is the attraction to it? Do you intend to grow out of it? If so, why start?"

I think the same... Why are you doing this? Any reason why?

AND HERE IS MY STORY AND OPINION:

Before, I was emo. But I was a christian too. I was saying to my self that I'M CHRISTIAN EMO, but like bible says, can the light and the darkness be in one? And I understood that no... All these things were affecting me. That darkness makes me think about these things what emo are thinking. And it must be something what makes you think and do all these things... Like for example me, I was without any friends and lots of enemies, my dad was living in another country, my mom was too busy that she could talk to me or be with me. All these small things, made me feel alone, I was hated so I started hating all around me too. All these clothes and hair cut. I was just to show how I'm feeling... And I thought that "I was christian"! But I wasn't because LIGHT AND THE DARKNESS CAN NOT BE THE SAME!!! Your outside shows how are you feeling inside.
And all these horror books and movies. Why? Fear is not from God. Think about it.
And think, if the darkness and fear is around you, can the God of light and peace be your God? You have to choose...

I don't know if it's sin for you. You should ask God. Well, it was sin for me. It's impossible to serve two masters.

I hope that you got my opinion. And it is just my opinion. You have to choose if you want to listen it or not.

God bless you anyway. His protection is on you...

Ruta.

N

Numbers25

If anyone tells you dressing in black and enjoying a good movie is a sin they're a very Pharasaical Christian

J

Jesusfan2

If anyone tells you dressing in black and enjoying a good movie is a sin they're a very Pharasaical Christian
Everybody has got own opinion. And you, as older, should think about it. And you are not God to think if we are "Pharisaical Christians" or not. So keep your minds like that, to yourself, because I'm not sure if it can help...

God bless you!

:)

H

hislastwalk

Well I think it can be very dangerous as my minister's wife told the young people last year that a particular girl was so obsessed with Harry Potter that she started to drink blood ......yuck!
I wouldn't blame that on Harry Potter.. I watch Harry Potter, and it hasn't changed me. It's not even witchcraft, it's imagination. I use to be pagan, so I should know...lol

Dec 21, 2011
ummm goth is really scary i like wearing black shirts but i aint goth christians are reall not suposstto be goth

H

hislastwalk

whats that up her nose and whats that on her eye lashes?
someone dressing 'goth' doesn't determine whether they're Christian or not..show me a bible verse saying 'Christians shall not dress goth'

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
I was reading some of the responses and these people are crazy xD I've never tried to drink any blood that's just....no. anyway like another dude said it might be the Holy Spirit convicting you now something's are ok like clothes but for some people its an idle maybe the Lord wants you to five this up for a while i would pray about it. I personally really like anime but im not gonna start wearing naruto headbands to school and run down the hallways with my hands behind my back xD. So i would pray and if it's not layed on your heart to let it go i would remember moderation is key just try to let other things into your life also black amd red look great Cx

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
SpecialtoGod, it is a very unwise idea to post a picture of yourself on here. It is searchable on any search engine and public to the entire world..

Last edited: