Being old is changing

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Willie-T

Banned
Feb 7, 2015
22,418
413
0
This came in email for me........

AARP Real Possibilities Florida Flag
Member Benefits | My Account | Volunteer | Games

Learn about the growing art of Cosplay -
and AARP's Life Reimagined

Dear (Willie-T),

AARP's Life Reimagined helps you discover possibilities and navigate the "What's Next" in your life. Come meet a group of Tampa Bay residents who are connecting with their inner superhero - and giving back to the Tampa Bay community - through Cosplay, the growing art of creating costumes and assuming the identities of iconic characters from movies, comic books and video games.

Take part in a panel discussion with three active Tampa Bay Cosplayers, who not only have created amazing costumes but also volunteer in their costumes at Tampa Bay area hospitals and other special charity events.

Learn about Life Reimagined, AARP's new initiative to equip you to discover your real possibilities and navigate life transitions.

Join a family member or friend of any age to create your own superhero mask. Kids are welcome! This is a great opportunity for grandparents or parents and loved ones to do something fun together.

The event is free and light refreshments are provided. AARP asks that you register in advance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CMS_Test_Item

©Ronald Seaman/Angel Wilson Explore Cosplay and Life Reimagined

Special Life Reimagined Cosplay Event

Register Here
Wednesday, October 28
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm

Morean Center for Clay
420 22nd St. S.
St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Map It
Register online or call 1-877 926 8300.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VolHandsImage
'What If' you could reimagine your 'What's Next'?

Share your thoughts about your dreams, goals and "What Ifs" at our Life Reimagined Listening Post during Folkfest 2015 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm Saturday, Nov. 7 through Sunday, Nov. 8 at Creative Clay, 1114 Central Ave., St. Petersburg FL 33705.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll attend...... But they ARE offering free refreshments.
 
Last edited:
Willie, this is the big bang theory in real life - nerd central - if that is really your thing - I do not get the impression that is your self image, but who am I to say, maybe it is cool now...lol
 
It's a pretty fun event and their goal is to entice you to possibly be part of their COSPLAYERS, as they need more volunteers. They often go to Wolfsons Children Hospital. I fondly remember them visiting when there with my oldest.
 
It's a pretty fun event and their goal is to entice you to possibly be part of their COSPLAYERS, as they need more volunteers. They often go to Wolfsons Children Hospital. I fondly remember them visiting when there with my oldest.

Sort of a "Patch Adams" thing, huh?
 
My wife just said to tell all of you that she has the calendar marked for that day, will chain me to this office chair, take the keys to my truck and motorcycle, and put my cell phone in her purse so I can't call for help. She might even consider drugging me that day.

Somehow I don't think she has caught the spirit of this thing.
 
Sort of a "Patch Adams" thing, huh?

Yes!!! Except superheros who visit and read and sing and all around make the patients needing it happy! Sadly many do not visit people in Hospitals, especially the children. You must have a gentle and loving spirit and be strong, because it can be heartbreaking!
 
Yes!!! Except superheros who visit and read and sing and all around make the patients needing it happy! Sadly many do not visit people in Hospitals, especially the children. You must have a gentle and loving spirit and be strong, because it can be heartbreaking!

I know it is wrong, but I just can't do that. I have no problem with visiting adults, and even being there when they die, but I've got no guts for handling pain in children.
 
I know it is wrong, but I just can't do that. I have no problem with visiting adults, and even being there when they die, but I've got no guts for handling pain in children.

Willie, that is NOT WRONG. We all have a certain gift that GOD has given us and it is perfectly fine that, that is NOT your gift. Besides Prayer for the organization and the children is always needed!
 
Here's an idea for a costume

cosplay-funny-exemple-warning-339124.jpeg
 
*Head Slap!* It just dawned on me... Cosplay a portmanteau of the words "costume play."
 
Here's an idea for a costume

cosplay-funny-exemple-warning-339124.jpeg
I'm now imagining Willie's avatar-face on this guy (without the keys or cellphone, because Mrs. Willie took them) going to hospitals to visit adults. Either the patients are going to have to laugh or get a hernia trying to avoid laughing.
 
So THIS is what seniors do these days after they retire! I always imagined they played old Atari games in all their free time. Get a new high score on Xaxxon. :p

Yes, cosplay is where people dress up in costumes. It's like halloween but without the free candy and spooky vibe. Though as you saw from the picture in a previous post, it can still have a creepy vibe...
 
Wonder if they have a senior furries group? Or... with all the free time they have, maybe they have even taken it a bit further!

skins.png


There is currently a facebook drama raging between those who want to wear skin suits over their fur suits and those who just want to take off the fur suits.
 
Last edited:
So THIS is what seniors do these days after they retire! I always imagined they played old Atari games in all their free time. Get a new high score on Xaxxon. :p

Yes, cosplay is where people dress up in costumes. It's like halloween but without the free candy and spooky vibe. Though as you saw from the picture in a previous post, it can still have a creepy vibe...
The Atari console broke in the early 80's. :)