Being scared

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

legion

Active member
Mar 19, 2026
580
230
43
Dallas, Tx
legionsribs.com
I like the adrenaline from being scared to death. Since i no longer break the law and do things that would get in potential trouble and problems legally and I have a fairly good grasp of reality. I dont get scared much. Sometimes a great horror flick will do it but those are rare. Im not promiscuous so i cant imagine delusional ex's of my girlfriend are after me. What else is there?
 
I like the adrenaline from being scared to death. Since i no longer break the law and do things that would get in potential trouble and problems legally and I have a fairly good grasp of reality. I dont get scared much. Sometimes a great horror flick will do it but those are rare. Im not promiscuous so i cant imagine delusional ex's of my girlfriend are after me. What else is there?
Fear of God
 
  • Like
Reactions: Genipher
All that means is respect God it doesn't mean be scared of him why would I Fear God if I'm not doing anything to offend him
You wanted to know. "Therefore, since we know what it means to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men." 2 Corinthians 5:11

The Greek word for fear is phobon, where we get our word phobia. It's not a superficial thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Genipher
Are you afraid of public speaking or preaching? Go out and share the Good News. From what Ive seen on yourube you'll have all sorts of angry people coming after you for daring to speak Truth.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ThereRoseaLamb
Are you afraid of public speaking or preaching? Go out and share the Good News. From what Ive seen on yourube you'll have all sorts of angry people coming after you for daring to speak Truth.
No actually in most cases it's the exact opposite I don't have any fear of speaking to churches or any kind of event like that although as a musician I am quite scared to be on stage.

I keep a low digital footprint and have for years. Having spent 25 plus years in the tech industry as a Enterprise developer and data architect I'm all too familiar with data collection and its potential uses and abuses so I'd really try not to give them more than is necessary.

Places like YouTube are still somewhat of a wild west in that your ability to control the content and commentary it's very difficult.

I do watch a lot of videos from organizations that promote the Mosaic law still being in effect and take them to task and usually it ends with them iterating through the same common verses and teachings and after about 10 responses from me to their interpretation It generally screetches to a halt because they don't really have anything else to argue and they certainly won't break at that point and agree

My point is that if I were to subject myself by doing some form of Biblical teaching or narrative there could be easily somebody out there who's well versed enough to at least detour the other readers from the truth I would be expressing and therefore I find it somewhat useless not only that but again that would be expanding a footprint on the internet
 
You wanted to know. "Therefore, since we know what it means to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men." 2 Corinthians 5:11

The Greek word for fear is phobon, where we get our word phobia. It's not a superficial thing.
I'm simply saying that the verse that says fear the lord is not fear like fear of the dark for fear of the unknown it is more akin to fear the repercussions of not respecting the Lord and his teachings.

I have no fear of God unless I decide to breach etiquette.

What I have done in my past is in my past and have been forgiven for it and those things that happen in the future and also been forgiven.

Whatever judgments out there has already been written in stone there's nothing new under the sun. So the only thing to fear about God is simply choices that I make intentionally against his will