Being Set Up

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 15, 2011
Yea thats how guys think when they're still in high school.
True. .... and then when they are frat boys in college... and then when they are buds out of school.... and then when they're working in the office tower and get a chance to escape politically correct rules. In fact, I think feminists might have actually been on to something when they said "men are pigs!"

But I have something to say that has become perfectly clear to me in the past week regarding christian chat.... apparently there are many of you who live in isolated christian communities and there are others of us who are completely down in it. Sorry that I have distressed you but from my side I really haven't done anything. Besides it seems the isolated christians are the ones always giving me lectures on here of biblical verses of being tolerant of everyone and everything. You should come on out and swim with me in it and see what you're getting. (By the way, who's the judgemental person playing God on here giving me my "power rating" in the negatives? I suppose I'm being judged still for making snide remarks about how "thou shall not judge" is implemented by present day "christians".)

Back to topic...

Okay, so apparently women don't know how to get rid of men so they try various strategies. Are the men in need of this? No doubt, some. Are some of these strategies likely to back fire? Absolutely.
Am I an expert on this? No. Am I confused? Well of course, its so strange to me that all of these complete jerks you're all talking about suddenly become "complete gentlemen" that would never think the way I say men do. Yeah, I know, I'M the pervert but some guy thought he was going to "hook up" and then kept going despite being told no umpteen times. Can't say I've ever been in that guy's shoes even if I suspect how he's thinking.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
True. .... and then when they are frat boys in college... and then when they are buds out of school.... and then when they're working in the office tower and get a chance to escape politically correct rules. In fact, I think feminists might have actually been on to something when they said "men are pigs!"

But I have something to say that has become perfectly clear to me in the past week regarding christian chat.... apparently there are many of you who live in isolated christian communities and there are others of us who are completely down in it. Sorry that I have distressed you but from my side I really haven't done anything. Besides it seems the isolated christians are the ones always giving me lectures on here of biblical verses of being tolerant of everyone and everything. You should come on out and swim with me in it and see what you're getting. (By the way, who's the judgemental person playing God on here giving me my "power rating" in the negatives? I suppose I'm being judged still for making snide remarks about how "thou shall not judge" is implemented by present day "christians".)

Back to topic...

Okay, so apparently women don't know how to get rid of men so they try various strategies. Are the men in need of this? No doubt, some. Are some of these strategies likely to back fire? Absolutely.
Am I an expert on this? No. Am I confused? Well of course, its so strange to me that all of these complete jerks you're all talking about suddenly become "complete gentlemen" that would never think the way I say men do. Yeah, I know, I'M the pervert but some guy thought he was going to "hook up" and then kept going despite being told no umpteen times. Can't say I've ever been in that guy's shoes even if I suspect how he's thinking.
I wasn't a christian until 5 years ago. I know what its like growing up in secular society. I'm not a virgin either. All my friends were either atheist or agnostic (and all were caucasian). Its true that some guys take a long time to get beyond that way of thinking but you can't imply that all guys think like that.Thats just not true. Me and my friends would sometimes joke about stuff in that way, but I never knew anyone who would sexualize stuff women did in their minds like that except when I was in my high school cafeteria and we were watching a girl licking an ice cream cone or something.

W

Whyllow

Yeah, the guy has been constantly texting me now. I've had over 50 texts in 2 hours... and he just called my phone for the 7th time today. He left a 5 minute message on my voice mail telling me he's in love with me.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS GUY! !!!!

I'm blocking his number... and tearing my so called friend a new one.... No more being freakin' set up.....

Jun 15, 2011
Yeah, the guy has been constantly texting me now. I've had over 50 texts in 2 hours... and he just called my phone for the 7th time today. He left a 5 minute message on my voice mail telling me he's in love with me.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS GUY! !!!!

I'm blocking his number... and tearing my so called friend a new one.... No more being freakin' set up.....
Well I am so sorry for you because this is such an extreme case. Those of us that give advise anywhere on here do such with limited information to start with so we don't ever truly know the whole situation. I suggest now that you take any and every precaution to get rid of this guy. Tell him you want nothing to do with him (which you probably already did) and then cut all communications. I'm sure others know better how to deal with a bonafide stalker and this is the last I can really tell you as it is beyond my expertise. I am only used to mildly annoying people and not anyone this persistant and I suspect many others commenting on this thread assumed a much less severe case.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
If he is really calling you then that is phone harrassment which needs to be reported the the police. If he calls again tell him to stop contacting you. Save the voicemails and the call log and file a police report.

If the situation gets more severe you will have the police report as evidence.

If you dont take action now then it could very well get worse. Do something about it.

J

Jullianna

^ what she said ^

W

Whyllow

I ended up blocking his number. The wonderful situation here is my friend brought him to my work. So he knows exactly where I work. If he shows up I'm going to tell him to leave.

I told him flat out to leave me alone. He's not taking no for an answer. My friend (who is not going to be my friend much longer) tries justifying his actions because it's "Love at first sight" and that's why he's acting all "crazy". It's not love, it's lust. When I talked to him at one point he said I was beautiful. I smiled and said "Thank you, but you do know looks fade." he laughed and said "Well, with the kind of money I make, you can get plastic surgery!"... Yeah... I forced a laugh and said "Great! I'll be a redhead Barbie!" and he said "That'd be even sexier!"...

He recently left me a 3 minute voice mail telling me how he loves me and how he has a passion of 1,000 suns to make me the woman I want to be, and he can fill my sexual desires... it was really creepy. I let my mom listen to it and she gave me this "Wow.... Craaaaaazy!" look.

When I got that phone call I called my friend and yelled at her. Telling her that she should've known better then to try to set me up and that he's not taking no for an answer and that I will block his number if I have to. (And I did). All she did was try to back him up for being crazy.... When I hung up I decided I no longer wished to be friends with her... I'm not putting up with any of this. My best friend, Tim, and the guy that I am currently interested in both told me to totally ignore Riker. Bad attention is better than no attention. So therefore, I cut it at the root. I ignored his calls (7 in 45 minutes) and texts (50... in 45 minutes...) until I got home and had my dad help me figure out how to block his number.

So, for now... the drama has stopped... but if it gets any worse... I'm bringing the cops in.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I Yeah... I forced a laugh and said "Great! I'll be a redhead Barbie!"
I'd just like to say that redheaded Barbies are hot. :) But I'm sorry you ever had to meet this guy. Maybe you should buy some mace or a stun gun and try it out on him next time you see him. Tell him first of course! ....or not. :)

Last edited:
K

kayem77

Woww! he sure is a stalker...

W

Whyllow

Woww! he sure is a stalker...
Yeap.... I swear I have a sign on my head or back that says "I love psychotic and all creepy men! Please feel free to stalk me!!!"

Meh....

V

violakat

She meant well I am sure, but sometimes our friends thinks they know more about what we need than we do...I jjsut LOVE that..ughhh

Years ago (when the PAssion of the Christ) was on at the movie theaters my sister tells me about this guy friend that was coming to see her and she asked if I would hang out with him...Well I was kinda wondering why a guy was driving from another state to see her bc she already had a boyfriend at the time, but to prevent argument I agreed to "hang out"

Well, well, well,...looks like big sis had a motive. The guys name was Jeremy. Nice guy. As soon as he saw me he was very polite but kept staring at me and that was creeping me out. I KNEW she SET ME UP. So what do I do? I try to disgust him.

We go to dinner...I was fuzzy leaopard print house slippers.....I complimented me on my style. :/
I refuse to make eye contact with him....he gets up in my face.
I try to dress tacky while we went to the movies(changed my shoes at this point)....he said I was lovely and beautiful and unique.

So we are sitting at the movie(Passion of the Christ) and he is trying to hold my hand...so i start licking my fingers to the point of licking my whole hand trying to prevent the act from happening(butter form the popcorn). Didnt seem to bother him.

I pretendto get choked on popcorn to where i am HACKING...wasnt grossed out.

Thennnnnnnnnnnnnn the next day when he is about to leave he spends 45 minutes in my driveway whining to my sister about how upset he is that I would not kiss him. I could not leave my house bc he was in my drive. At that point i was scared of this dude.

My sister was so mad at me.....I consider myself a legend....
Remind me, if my friend ever sets me up with one of her ex's to come get you.

V

violakat

Whyllow, since you said he knows where you work, I would make sure that security was aware of the situation, and your boss. Also, I would not hesitate about going to the police, NOW. I've had some friends who have been stalked in the past. And let me just say, GO TO THE POLICE NOW.

W

Whyllow

Whyllow, since you said he knows where you work, I would make sure that security was aware of the situation, and your boss. Also, I would not hesitate about going to the police, NOW. I've had some friends who have been stalked in the past. And let me just say, GO TO THE POLICE NOW.
I'm actually going to tell my supervisor and boss tomorrow when I go in. They'll notify the security there.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Remind me, if my friend ever sets me up with one of her ex's to come get you.

I get joy out of scaring men for some reason. Yet, I just CAN'T figure out why I am still not married....? ;)