Being Still

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lady4Him

Senior Member
Feb 18, 2017
117
5
18
I have an app on my phone that sends me a daily scripture. Today’s scripture was found in Exodus 14:14. “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still” (NIV) While I was reading that, my mind also went to Psalm 46:10. I needed this scripture this morning. It was like God was saying to me, “I’ve got this.” There have been certain situations come my way lately and they have been pretty overwhelming for me. I’m glad a serve a God who will fight for me. He knows what I need, when I need it. He’s never too late, he’s always on time. In both verses, we are told to be still. Sometimes in our lives, when certain situations arise, we tend to try to take things into our own hand and we may make them worse for us. We should just step aside and let God take charge. Let God be God and do his thing. I think about Moses at the Red Sea. He told the people to stand still and see what God could do. Sometimes God just wants us to be still. He wants us to completely trust in him and let him work things out. Whatever challenges have come your way. Whatever “impossible” situation has come your way, God will always fight for you. Just turn the problem over to him and let him be who he says he is. Leave it be and see what God can do. It may not work out the way you think it should, but he will work it out. Hope you all have a blessed day!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Grace777x70
Amen, I know at times I need to stop and listen to God. I know I can't do things with out his help.