Beliefs

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2021
Why do you think some people don't believe in God? Anyone is welcome to give there view or views

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Why do you think some people don't believe in God? Anyone is welcome to give there view or views
The entire strategy of the fool collapses if there is a God because then there is also a judgement to come.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
Psalm 14:1
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

They enjoy their foolish and evil ways too much to want to acknowledge that they will have to pay for them all one day.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I don't know, could be a lot of reasons. I was a doubting Thomas you might say. I never really believed until I read some books on the astronomical odds that all of this could've happened without an intelligent designer. There really is no other good alternative.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I believe that people don't believe in God because they see the behavior of the "Christians" that cross their paths every day. Take a look at the threads on this and other Christian sites.

Nov 2, 2021
In my eyes, in the US, especially, just about every influence is either 1) denigrating Christianity, or 2) portraying most Christians as weird outsiders. So there isn't even an opportunity for many to seriously consider God as adults.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
In apologetics you typically see a few categories or a mixture of those categories.

• Ignorance (does not obtain the knowledge of God or the true God)
  • Intellectual (they believe the arguments for God are not persuasive)
  • Emotional (they may blame God for past failures or abuse. This hatred is masked by them making claims like there is no God but if He did exist, He would be a sadistic tyrant)
  • Sin (they do not want God to exist as they enjoy their sins)
You will find in these debates for it to be most often bullet 4, most are in rebellion to God due to their love of greed, lust, or power.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
In apologetics you typically see a few categories or a mixture of those categories.

• Ignorance (does not obtain the knowledge of God or the true God)
  • Intellectual (they believe the arguments for God are not persuasive)
  • Emotional (they may blame God for past failures or abuse. This hatred is masked by them making claims like there is no God but if He did exist, He would be a sadistic tyrant)
  • Sin (they do not want God to exist as they enjoy their sins)
You will find in these debates for it to be most often bullet 4, most are in rebellion to God due to their love of greed, lust, or power.
I think the difference between agnostic and atheist, between those who aren't sure and those who "don't want to believe" in God is sin.

Being an agnostic can indicate the person is honest about unbelief and doubt.

But those who have an agenda to argue that God is not real, that to me is someone who wants a sinful lifestyle and the one thing in their way is God.

Oct 10, 2021
Thanks for your views. God bless

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
Human suffering, religious scandals, religious hypocrites are the cause of unbelief for many individuals.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I think the difference between agnostic and atheist, between those who aren't sure and those who "don't want to believe" in God is sin.

Being an agnostic can indicate the person is honest about unbelief and doubt.

But those who have an agenda to argue that God is not real, that to me is someone who wants a sinful lifestyle and the one thing in their way is God.
For an atheist to be an intellectual thinker, they must admit to being agnostic as you can not prove that God doesn't exist. Not in less, you are all-knowing, outside of space and time, infinite, and all-powerful could you even possibly get the chance to say there is no God, and that would take that individual having the status of God to do so which is impossible.

So even though you can not prove God doesn't exist even if He was completely absent like a deistic God (no evidence on Earth still doesn't prove that God isn't outside of space and time) we in counter have a God who has great evidence for his existence.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
For an atheist to be an intellectual thinker, they must admit to being agnostic as you can not prove that God doesn't exist. Not in less, you are all-knowing, outside of space and time, infinite, and all-powerful could you even possibly get the chance to say there is no God, and that would take that individual having the status of God to do so which is impossible.

So even though you can not prove God doesn't exist even if He was completely absent like a deistic God (no evidence on Earth still doesn't prove that God isn't outside of space and time) we in counter have a God who has great evidence for his existence.
I have talked to many atheists and they all pretended to be very sure of themselves and instead argued that believers at best should call themselves agnostic.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Some say they don't believe in God for reasons stated here already.
I have seen people who were dying some in horrific ways and great pain and THEY CALL OUT TO GOD TO HELP THEM. Will he?
Then there are those that say they believe in God yet do not surrender to him.
I say we pray the Lord of the harvest make us into great voices of love to reach the lost!

Oct 10, 2021
Thanks everybody for your views. God bless

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I have talked to many atheists and they all pretended to be very sure of themselves and instead argued that believers at best should call themselves agnostic.
That's funny. As many Christians have had personal experiences with God. Kind of hard to disprove that. Especially when you have the body of Christ at 2 billion people.

Dec 9, 2011
They can't visually see him with their eyes and they don't trust what they CAN see as evidence that their Is GOD.

JESUS told Thomas you believe because you have seen blessed are those who have not seen but yet believe.

Nov 9, 2021
When atheists talk about why they don’t believe in God, their responses are pretty much always the same: They say God cannot be proven. Such an opinion is nonsense when you consider that billions of people all around the world—including the billions of Christians from former centuries who are in heaven now—have been born again, received the Holy Spirit, and interact with God in their daily lives. Do these atheists really think tens of billions of Christians were hallucinating and having the exact same hallucination? The probability of that happening is zero.

The reason why atheists don’t believe isn’t because they think God can’t be proven; it’s because they love their sins and don’t want to repent. It takes a humble heart and sincere faith to recognize that all humans are inherently sinful, and some people lack the humility to confess their sins and turn their back on evil.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
They are trying to live in the same rationality as the education system.
Their ego blocks their spiritual life.
They are not yet blessed