Believers and non believers; what's the difference?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Do you think it is so plain no one misses it's meaning?
Where is the verse that teaches there has to be a verse? Anyhow

John 14

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
25¶These things have I SPOKEN TO YOU , being yet PRESENT WITH !!!!! YOU !!!!! ..

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I HAVE SAID !!!! UNTO !!!! YOU !!!!!! .

This is things Jesus spoke to them in person . Its not US .

Aug 14, 2019
25¶These things have I SPOKEN TO YOU , being yet PRESENT WITH !!!!! YOU !!!!! ..

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I HAVE SAID !!!! UNTO !!!! YOU !!!!!! .

This is things Jesus spoke to them in person . Its not US .
Are these things Jesus said back then to them no longer true now?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Are these things Jesus said back then to them no longer true now?
Your question is misplaced . Shouldn't it be " Did the things that Jesus taught the diciples IN PERSON , did he bring them to their minds later " ? .
We read what Jesus taught and later brought to THIER minds.

Let's not make the mistake of taking every verse as if its about us .

Aug 14, 2019
Your question is misplaced . Shouldn't it be " Did the things that Jesus taught the diciples IN PERSON , did he bring them to their minds later " ? .
We read what Jesus taught and later brought to THIER minds.

Let's not make the mistake of taking every verse as if its about us .
The Holy Spirit didn't bring to memory anything Jesus taught before Jesus ascended to the Father

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
The Holy Spirit didn't bring to memory anything Jesus taught before Jesus ascended to the Father
26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

What did Jesus say to you in person ?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Not sure I understand your point.
If a person loves his neighbor is he full filling the righteous requirements of God for his eternal salvation?
Hi peldom10, A Sophie T remarked if I seriously believed that if someone loves another person that that indicated the presence of God within a person. I responded with 1 John 4:16, which states that individuals who dwell with love, dwell with God, and God dwells within them.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Hi peldom10, A Sophie T remarked if I seriously believed that if someone loves another person that that indicated the presence of God within a person. I responded with 1 John 4:16, which states that individuals who dwell with love, dwell with God, and God dwells within them.
So the beatles were really preaching a message from God ,when they sang " all you need is love " ?

Aug 14, 2019
26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus is in heaven. He sent the Holy Spirit to teach the Church and confirm me in the faith handed down from Jesus.

Aug 14, 2019

Why does that matter today? Do you think that is necessary for a reminder of what He meant 2000 years ago?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Why does that matter today? Do you think that is necessary for a reminder of what He meant 2000 years ago?
The verse says that he would remind them of the things he told them in PERSON . Why are you taking this verse as if that also means its about you ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
John 21
18Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

19This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
Is this verse also about you ? What criteria are you using to differentiate which verses are Jesus speaking to you and to them ?

Aug 14, 2019
The verse says that he would remind them of the things he told them in PERSON . Why are you taking this verse as if that also means its about you ?
If what you are thinking were true, there is no reason for anyone else to know it happened.
John 21
18Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

19This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
Is this verse also about you ? What criteria are you using to differentiate which verses are Jesus speaking to you and to them ?
It's all about me. It's more revealing to ask who are you in this account. I'm well practiced at distinguishing the Holy Spirit from my own If you can describe your method or a method I might consider your last posts as something more than ad hominem.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
If what you are thinking were true, there is no reason for anyone else to know it happened.

It's all about me. It's more revealing to ask who are you in this account. I'm well practiced at distinguishing the Holy Spirit from my own If you can describe your method or a method I might consider your last posts as something more than ad hominem.
Speaking to the disciples. Who were real people ,who Jesus actually spoke to in the flesh in person . We read the account as if reading about what was said to them, to understand what was said to THEM and WHAT was said to THEM and WHY . Jesus said this to them :
9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

How are you making this about you ? You were not there . Jesus wasn't speaking to you or anyone else but them . He's not talking to the pharisees ,the scribes , Saul of tarsus , Winston Churchill ,or anyone else.

Later he tells them to wait:

1¶The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments UNTO THE APOSTLES whom he had CHOSEN :

3 TO WHOM also he SHEWED HIMSELF alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being SEEN of THEM forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4¶And, being assembled together with THEM , commanded THEM that THEY should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, YE have heard of me.

5For John truly baptized with water; but YE shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6When THEY therefore were come together, THEY asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Are you reading this like :
1¶The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the you and the apostles whom he had chosen:

3To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of me forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4¶And, being assembled together with them commanded me that I not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6When i therefore i came , I asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

My method would be a basic starting approach. I believe God exists of course and the bible is his word and it comes from God and God cannot lie. Then I ask the ' who ,what ,when, why questions as i go.

Aug 14, 2019
Speaking to the disciples. Who were real people ,who Jesus actually spoke to in the flesh in person . We read the account as if reading about what was said to them, to understand what was said to THEM and WHAT was said to THEM and WHY . Jesus said this to them :
9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

How are you making this about you ? You were not there . Jesus wasn't speaking to you or anyone else but them . He's not talking to the pharisees ,the scribes , Saul of tarsus , Winston Churchill ,or anyone else.

Later he tells them to wait:

2Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments UNTO THE APOSTLES whom he had CHOSEN :

3 TO WHOM also he SHEWED HIMSELF alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being SEEN of THEM forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4¶And, being assembled together with THEM , commanded THEM that THEY should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, YE have heard of me.

5For John truly baptized with water; but YE shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6When THEY therefore were come together, THEY asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Are you reading this like :

2Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the you and the apostles whom he had chosen:

3To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of me forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4¶And, being assembled together with them commanded me that I not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6When i therefore i came , I asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
I can relate to much of what happened to them.
I try to put myself in their place. I have, with them, been immersed in His death and resurrection through Baptism in water and then fire.
More often than not I have to pray and ponder about their response to Jesus because of the paradox that surrounds Him.

By immersing myself in those who experienced God dwelling among them and knew Him as the guy from the neighborhood up the street, I come to understand Him and myself in a deeper way.

It's essential I think to put yourself in the place of those that surrounded Jesus. To me it's how to grow in knowledge of Christ and conform to Him no matter who He is speaking to.

You're telling me that's a problem.

Aug 14, 2019
My method would be a basic starting approach. I believe God exists of course and the bible is his word and it comes from God and God cannot lie. Then I ask the ' who ,what ,when, why questions as i go.
That says little about discernment or the interior life

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I can relate to much of what happened to them.
I try to put myself in their place. I have, with them, been immersed in His death and resurrection through Baptism in water and then fire.
More often than not I have to pray and ponder about their response to Jesus because of the paradox that surrounds Him.

By immersing myself in those who experienced God dwelling among them and knew Him as the guy from the neighborhood up the street, I come to understand Him and myself in a deeper way.

It's essential I think to put yourself in the place of those that surrounded Jesus. To me it's how to grow in knowledge of Christ and conform to Him no matter who He is speaking to.

You're telling me that's a problem.
I telling you that's what the bible says . I believe it . But we depart from that when we interpret the bible any way we feel .