Belt of Truth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
This is a continuation of a series I typed up.

Armor of God
Ephesians 6

• Intro
  • Counterintelligence
  • Strategical Planning
  • Bootcamp/Operational Training
  • Assembly Phase Subsections
1. Belt of Truth
2. Breastplate of righteousness
3. Sandals of the Gospel of Peace
4.The Helmet of Salvation
5. The Shield of Faith
6. Sword of the Spirit (Word of God)
  • Combat Support (Prayer]
  • D-Day (the day on which an important operation is to begin or a change to take effect.)
  • Recruitment- The Great Commission
Assembly Phase
The Armor

1. Belt of Truth
(14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist,)

Armor is typically used to defend the wearers vital parts of the body. The Armor represented in this illustration would have most likely been the Lorica Segmentata as pictured below.

127px-Roman_soldier_in_lorica_segmentata_1-cropped.jpg
110px-Lorica_segmentata_from_back.jpg
300px-007_Conrad_Cichorius,_Die_Reliefs_der_Traianssäule,_Tafel_VII_(Ausschnitt_01).jpg

This was the typical armor worn by the Roman soldiers during the 1st and 2nd century AD. By this time in the Roman military, they had a standing army with career soldiers and government issued armor. The legionaries would train all year long and even during peace time.

The belt was used to carry the sword and other items needed by the soldier. The belt is
described as the truth and thus making the Spirit be sheathed into truth. As the sword is
unsheathed out of truth, the Spirit begins to fight.

Direct to power point slide 6

This truth is absolute and the 100% infallible Word of God or commonly known as the
Bible. This truth doesn’t decay or doesn’t change and will hold till the end of time. Coming to the knowledge of this truth is essential to faith.

"Truth is a funny thing. Many want to be known as followers of the truth, but that same
many subconsciously hope to avoid the consequences of catching it. To apprehend the
truth is to be changed into something we could never have imagined in the fog of our
delusions. It takes true abandonment to faith in the Spirit of Truth to finally become
conformed to His image. Having a vested interest in what the truth is always leads you to
bow before your own image as you peer into that glass darkly. There is no substitute for
taking up the cross that kills all ambition and self-seeking and following that One who said,
"I AM the Truth!" To fall short of this walk is to be forever caught in the lie."-Michael Clark

In the last days, many want to be known as followers of the truth, but that same many
subconsciously hope to avoid the consequences of catching it. The truth will lead to God
and the consequences of being led to God means one must answer for what they do with
that truth.

2 Timothy 3 (NIV)
3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of
themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents,
ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not
lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always
learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Our culture, social media, education and the internet are being flooded with ideas,
worldviews, ideologies that build on older thoughts or mix old thoughts to dress them up to be seen as new. We see these in memes, short YouTube videos, or short news articles.
Always learning but never arriving to the truth. Some will read a meme or a short news
article and out of gullibility or even laziness they accept the idea without following it,
researching it, cross examining opposing ideas and read multiple sources both articles and
books.

So much information with not enough time in the day to follow every idea all the
way through. Through the emotional response and on into the logical and reasonable
consequences of such ideas.

The first step in the assembling phase is to be well equipped in the truth. This is done by
knowing God’s Word until it is written on our hearts. Psalm 119:11 (ESV) 11 I have stored
up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Discussion Questions:
1. When you hear the word “truth” what comes to mind?
2. How do you define truth?
3. In what ways can you better equip yourself to defend truth?

oksana123

Feb 16, 2020
What a great post. I think wearing the armor of God is very important. As I read all the different parts I thought about how all of the peaces are so important. if your missing just one piece belt of Truth or breastplate of righteousness, Sandals of the Gospel of Peace. the Helmet of Salvation, shield of Faith, or Sword of the Spirit it's very difficult in spiritual life. I was trying to think of which part of the armor is the most important and I think all of the parts of the armor are equally important and are interconnected.

oksana123

Feb 16, 2020
Truth is God's revelation. And the belt of truth would include a TRUE BIBLE. Not a modern counterfeit like the NIV.
John 14:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

oksana123

Feb 16, 2020
Truth is God's revelation. And the belt of truth would include a TRUE BIBLE. Not a modern counterfeit like the NIV.
To be honest I don't like the NIV version either. I found that it took took some words out and replaces some words. I don't agree wit that.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
To be honest I don't like the NIV version either. I found that it took some words out and replaces some words. I don't agree wit that.
Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC.

oksana123

Feb 16, 2020
Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC.
Thank you! I've never heard of this site before but it's nice having brothers and sisters to talk to <3

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
To be honest I don't like the NIV version either. I found that it took took some words out and replaces some words. I don't agree wit that.
Everyone has their particular favorite and all have their differences according to what you are comparing them to. But that is currently being debated on another thread related to is the KJV the one true translation. So I wont be debating that on this thread.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
What a great post. I think wearing the armor of God is very important. As I read all the different parts I thought about how all of the peaces are so important. if your missing just one piece belt of Truth or breastplate of righteousness, Sandals of the Gospel of Peace. the Helmet of Salvation, shield of Faith, or Sword of the Spirit it's very difficult in spiritual life. I was trying to think of which part of the armor is the most important and I think all of the parts of the armor are equally important and are interconnected.
I'll will be posting the next subsections daily. But yes they are all very important and vital to the survival of the Christian.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Everyone has their particular favorite and all have their differences according to what you are comparing them to. But that is currently being debated on another thread related to is the KJV the one true translation. So I wont be debating that on this thread.
Indeed it would be counterproductive to clutter up this well presented thread with that tired old argument.

Here is a link to the current KJVO thread (there are many) for anyone who wants to talk about that.
https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/bible-versions-is-there-only-one.190254/