"BESTFRIEND"

  • Thread starter Thread starter maria24
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

maria24

Guest
"BESTFRIEND"
3815-MC

There’s a girl named Princess. She’s new in the class and she’s seated in the front row. She’s so quiet, maybe because no one knows her and she had no acquaintance in the class. I asked her that can I be seated next to her with a smile and she said yes. And that’s the beginning of our friendship. She became my bestfriend.

Princess is a bright girl and I could not be better than her. She helped me in our quizzes and exams by giving correct answers to me. I love her not because she helps me to those things but I love her because of her attitude of being so helpful, kind and sweet. Like other bestfriends, secrets are revealed and sealed between of us.

In the middle of school year, we need to defend our research in science. My bestfriend is the one who will defend in our group research. Since many materials are needed to be bought, I volunteer to buy those staffs. After we purchase those materials and my bestfriend sees it, she threw it away because it not suit to our research project.

I got angry and frustrated that day to what she had done. We yelled at each other to the point she will never to defend our group project because of the wrong materials I’ve bought. I tried to explain to her that we have no other choice but to buy those things because the materials are hard to find and the things I bought are maybe the alternative one, but I was wrong. She never talked to me after that day. And we didn’t make to defend well our group project.

I tried to talk to her everyday, saying sorry for the cause I’ve made eventhough I don’t understand why I’m always says sorry where in fact she is the one who is so immature to throw it away without thinking at first. She always rejected my apology and never talked to me after the nonsense incident even we were in the same class for the whole year. Until I get tired of chasing her.

After a year of no communication with my bestfriend and until we graduated, she never tried to talk to me. She wasn’t able to be on the top 3 anymore. She didn’t get the highest score anymore since the day we have fight. I’m so worried for her, what’s wrong with her? What are her problems? I wanted to talk to her, but she just ignores me and walked away.

Graduation march, summer, and we were about to enter our college days for new journey of our life, we don’t have confrontations, not even tried to talk anymore.

One day, I received a text message and say,

“classmates, our classmate Princess is gone. Please do come to her funeral and be sympathy to her. Please confirm if you come. Thanks!”

I was numb by shocked and I couldn’t believe what I received. I read it again and see who send that message. But it came from her so called bestfriend way back before we graduated. She had a new bestfriend after me but I never heard Princess called Kay as “bestfriend”, it’s always Kay who says it, but I can sense that they don’t have deeper relationship like we do as a bestfriend.

We came to her funeral until to her burial. I found out that she was hit by a motorcycle when Princess and her new friends tried to across the other road.

She saves her friends. I cried in her burial and say,

“Why you always save your friends? Why you need to do this again? You always came and left.”

After that day, I told to myself, that I don’t want to have a bestfriend anymore. I don’t want to have many friends and have bestfriend, if in just a little fight they will go. And I don’t want to lose a friend anymore like what she did.

Since then, there’s a big impact in my inner personality of what she had done in my life. I became aloof to all the people I’ve encountered and met.

I have a circle of friends in our classroom, but I don’t want to get involved emotionally to them. I don’t want to be their best buddy and I believe they will just go away and hate me like Princess do.

But God had a different plans, He never let me alone in my lonely road.

He lead me to those person whom who never left me. I don’t call them bestfriend but I can say close friend. I called them that way because I have only one bestfriend and that is Princess.

Seven years later, I am now a professional, graduated with a degree and manage a branch in the company.

One day, as I was about to scan my old notebook, I was reminded of what I wrote.

“To My Bestfriend,


Bestfriend, I know you’re with God right now. And I’m so happy and glad to see you in my dream and it’s been five years since you left us. I know I’ve never get a chance to talk to you, but I want to tell you right now that I’m sorry and thank you for the memories we’ve shared though it’s just a short period of time but then it’s so memorable and you’re my one and only bestfriend. I never had another bestfriend because I’m afraid that he/she might leave me like you did without any confrontations. But you know what bestfriend, I’ve learned that being a pride person will lead you into a wrong path and self-pity. Thanks to you, bestfriend. I have a lot of stories to share but I know you already saw of what happened to me here. I know God has a purpose of why He made me see you in my dream. He knows what my heart desires, so please bestfriend, and tell God that I never forget Him as I don’t forget to remember you.


Thank you bestfriend.


P.S “ADVANCE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BESTFRIEND” (august 7, 1989)

Your one and only bestfriend,

Maria

Written: July 27, 2013