Bible Application Challenge Verses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Where is the Lord challenging you through his word to follow him on?

One of my challenge verses are from Matthew 6:19-20

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through and steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

(KJV)

Please feel free to share yours!:D

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
This is the verse for today in my bible app Screenshot_20210114_160437.jpg

B

Blackpowderduelist

He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.
Luke 22:36 ESV

Swords are hard to find.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

I am not able to fight for a kingdom of this world when I am a subject of a kingdom that is eternal and of heaven. I must not become entangled in political kingdoms that are ungodly and run by wicked people.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
My challenging verse is Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

I am not able to fight for a kingdom of this world when I am a subject of a kingdom that is eternal and of heaven. I must not become entangled in political kingdoms that are ungodly and run by wicked people.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
While you are not of this world you are on it. So while we can't be over come by the politics of this world we all have neighbors in this world and are to love, which means care for. So we must engage this system that we have in hopes of minimizing the suffering that our neighbors endure, why not placing hope or faith in the system. So we have a fine line to walk. It's actually quite easy, we use our voice and strength and power where we have it, nothing more.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
While you are not of this world you are on it. So while we can't be over come by the politics of this world we all have neighbors in this world and are to love, which means care for. So we must engage this system that we have in hopes of minimizing the suffering that our neighbors endure, why not placing hope or faith in the system. So we have a fine line to walk. It's actually quite easy, we use our voice and strength and power where we have it, nothing more.
The apostles did not take up arms against Rome nor did they storm the temple and overthrow the Pharisees. What if it is Gods will that we die at the hand of our enemies?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

B

Blackpowderduelist

The apostles did not take up arms against Rome nor did they storm the temple and overthrow the Pharisees. What if it is Gods will that we die at the hand of our enemies?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Who said anything about taking up arms?

B

Blackpowderduelist

I mean to use our voice where we have one. I'm talking about actually being not of this world while yet in it.
Moms stay home and raise children, homeschool them, sell the big suburban house buy a small one out in the country, get rid of the car note and buy a based model or even used from a used lot. Let the kids go to trade school or Christian college. Yes it tough but when we with draw we will be speaking the only language they understood, human capital to financial gain.

G

Godsgirl83

Where is the Lord challenging you through his word to follow him on?

from 1 Corinthians 13:5 (speaking about what love is not and does not do)

"........ it keeps no record of wrongs"

When I'm trying to walk in love (according to biblical standards) and someone starts pointing out my flaws, it becomes very difficult sometimes not to bite back and say what about you doing xyz.....?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Ps 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

Persecution and oppression led the apostles to take the gospel into the known world of the time. Many were martyred for Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roge

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
There are two secular books that have really impressed me. One is Tolstoy's War and Peace and the others are several books about Germany that brought on Hitler as ruler. A conclusion about the world I gained from these books is that even in dictatorships, the government is a result of the thinking of the common man. Each person must live under this government.

Anything that anyone does to help with "thy kingdom come" is but a drop in the bucket, but each drop is part of the whole. Your obedience to the Lord has power.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
My challenging verse is Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
I try to remember this verse...its a good verse!! Very often you just start to think about God and how wonderful He is..which ends up helping you keep the faith and not doubt that God is wonderful and awesome. :)