Bible Doctrines

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VineyardsOfEngedi

Well-known member
Nov 26, 2019
899
297
63
In my search for Truth I believe it is necessary to identify what I am seeking and I believe you all can help me by pointing out doctrines that are within The Bible to eventually do an in depth study of each, thank you for your input in advance.

doc·trine
/ˈdäktrən/

noun
  • 1.a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a Church, political party, or other group:"the doctrine of predestination"

Here are some I am aware of, I'm not sure if these count as doctrines, haha:

1. God
2. Angels
3. Hell
4. Tithe
5. The Church
6. Holy Spirit
7. Jesus Christ
8. Humanity
9. Salvation
10. Creation
 
  • Like
Reactions: JStates
Firstly, welcome to the community. :)
I think what you have listed there can be found in the true and simple doctrine of Jesus Christ. This resource for your consideration is credited to a Scripture resource site, Biblehub.
https://biblehub.com/library/evans/the_great_doctrines_of_the_bible/the_doctrine_of_jesus_christ.htm

And this, "Learn The Bible", is a very good resource, in my opinion. http://www.learnthebible.org/the-doctrine-of-christ.html

I hope you find those links useful in your quest for understanding. God bless you.
 
In my search for Truth I believe it is necessary to identify what I am seeking and I believe you all can help me by pointing out doctrines that are within The Bible to eventually do an in depth study of each, thank you for your input in advance.

doc·trine
/ˈdäktrən/

noun
  • 1.a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a Church, political party, or other group:"the doctrine of predestination"

Here are some I am aware of, I'm not sure if these count as doctrines, haha:

1. God

Yes the Bible declares that their is a God..


2. Angels

Yes the Bible does declares that there are Angels and even names 3..



Yes the Bible declares there is a soul prison called Hell.. Not a nice place to ever wind up in.



Yes the Bible in the Old Testament did establish the teaching of tithing.. But this has not been carried over into the New Testament times.. There is no Law stating that we must give.. We now should give as much as our hearts willingly want to give to whom so ever we want to give..


5. The Church

The Church is established in the Bible as the body of Holy Spirit indwelled believers of the LORD Jesus Christ.. It is not a building or a denomination..


6. Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God One with the Father and the Son.. The Holy Spirit is God..


7. Jesus Christ

Jesus is God manifested in the flesh.. He suffered death as a sacrifice to pay the penalty of the sins of anyone who would believe Him and trust that His Atonement paid the price of their salvation.


8. Humanity

Yep I'm one..


9. Salvation

Yep that is being saved by the LORD Jesus.. We Christians are being saved by Jesus.. We are not saving ourselves..


10. Creation

Yes the Bible declares that God created the universe.. All of it..


Well that's the basics...
 
Here are some I am aware of, I'm not sure if these count as doctrines, haha:

1. God
2. Angels
3. Hell
4. Tithe
5. The Church
6. Holy Spirit
7. Jesus Christ
8. Humanity
9. Salvation
10. Creation
Welcome to CC VOE. This list basically covers the primary Bible doctrines. Just a couple of things which should be modified:

1. Heaven should precede Hell.
2. Tithing should be excluded, since Christian giving will be within the doctrine of the Church.
3. Many churches have what they call the doctrine of "Last Things" which would cover all events following the Second coming of Christ.
 
Hi VOE, the topics that you listed basically all comprise the main fundamentals of Christian Theology.
Any book on Systematic Theology would address most, or all those topics, to some degree or another.
Plus, and here's the kicker, not all denominations will share the same views on all the specific subjects that you mentioned. Thus, not all Systematic Theologies are equal. You may have to read more than one book on the matter in order to establish your own personal convictions.
For example, Anthropology or man, is represented differently from the Reformed perspective, than it is from the Arminian. Just as other denominations will have differing doctrines on Soteriology or salvation, Christology or Jesus, Ecclesiology or Church, Pneumatology Holy Spirit etc...
Catholics, Unitarians, Reformed, Methodists, Pentecostals, etc, all hold to different views on some of the main tenets of Christian theology.
Just appreciate that when you study the subject, understand from which Statement of Faith the author is coming from when reading on the subject, or when deciding on one book over another.
Good luck!
 
Hi VOE, the topics that you listed basically all comprise the main fundamentals of Christian Theology.
Any book on Systematic Theology would address most, or all those topics, to some degree or another.
Plus, and here's the kicker, not all denominations will share the same views on all the specific subjects that you mentioned. Thus, not all Systematic Theologies are equal. You may have to read more than one book on the matter in order to establish your own personal convictions.
For example, Anthropology or man, is represented differently from the Reformed perspective, than it is from the Arminian. Just as other denominations will have differing doctrines on Soteriology or salvation, Christology or Jesus, Ecclesiology or Church, Pneumatology Holy Spirit etc...
Catholics, Unitarians, Reformed, Methodists, Pentecostals, etc, all hold to different views on some of the main tenets of Christian theology.

Just appreciate that when you study the subject, understand from which Statement of Faith the author is coming from when reading on the subject, or when deciding on one book over another.
Good luck!

Aww man this sounds scary :( then how can I know what truth is with all the different understanding about the one same thing. :/
 
Aww man this sounds scary :( then how can I know what truth is with all the different understanding about the one same thing. :/
Not sure where you stand with your familiarity with the Bible itself, but that would be your foundation (sorry, I assumed that you were somewhat already versed in it).
That has to be your starting point, because all other discussions are derived from, and based on this one source.
The topic of Christology & Soteriology would not exist if it weren't for the Bible.
Familiarize yourself with the Bible, then see who's views correspond to what you've read and understood, from both it and life itself.
This is the process that we're all going through, ...and yes, you're right, it does get confusing and leads to indecisiveness at times.
None of us here have our whole theology worked out with complete comprehensiveness, soundness and cohesiveness.
If you decide to take up the Bible, which I profoundly hope that you do, it will be, without exception, a life-long endeavor...as it is meant to be!
Good luck!
 
Aww man this sounds scary :( then how can I know what truth is with all the different understanding about the one same thing. :/

Christ said he was the truth.. Just read, learn, and try to understand what he lived and taught.. The plethora of man-made doctrine, opinions, and religious malarkey is scary and inconsequential. Everyone is at different levels of understanding, spiritual maturity comes from studying, its a life long pursuit of always learning. If your not familiar with the subjects you mentioned, I'd start reading the gospels, the new testament, and then the old testament. Don't get frustrated if you don't understand most of it. You can ask specific questions on boards like this about subjects you find confusing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mission21
Aww man this sounds scary :( then how can I know what truth is with all the different understanding about the one same thing. :/

As has already been said.. Read the Bible to see what is what..

But also understand there are many people who agree on the Core doctrines that are essential to salvation.. Two Christians can disagree on a lot of different Non- essential doctrines.. For example Rapture if there is one and Rapture timing when will it happen.. Where one stands on these doctrines has no bearing on a persons salvation status..

But if two Christians disagree on the resurrection of Jesus.. One believing that Jesus was raised from the dead in His body and the other believing Jesus appeared as a ghost after His execution then yeah that's a serious difference of understanding about a core doctrine of salvation importance..
 
In my search for Truth I believe it is necessary to identify what I am seeking and I believe you all can help me by pointing out doctrines that are within The Bible to eventually do an in depth study of each, thank you for your input in advance.

doc·trine
/ˈdäktrən/

noun
  • 1.a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a Church, political party, or other group:"the doctrine of predestination"

Here are some I am aware of, I'm not sure if these count as doctrines, haha:

1. God
2. Angels
3. Hell
4. Tithe
5. The Church
6. Holy Spirit
7. Jesus Christ
8. Humanity
9. Salvation
10. Creation

The greatest doctrine of all...the Bible is the word of truth. The Bible is God’s pure and holy words preserved for us to live by. The Bible is a faithful witness and cannot lie.
 
I count four angels named in the Bible: Gabriel, Michael, Lucifer/Satan and Apollyon/Abaddon.

Lucifer was an annointed cherub, different than an angel. Both are created beings but for different purposes.

Bonus...angels don’t have wings and are always male.🤓
 
Lucifer was an annointed cherub, different than an angel. Both are created beings but for different purposes.

Bonus...angels don’t have wings and are always male.🤓
are we sure that angels are always male? i know some women that are :love::love::love:
 
  • Like
Reactions: John146
Christ said he was the truth.. Just read, learn, and try to understand what he lived and taught.. The plethora of man-made doctrine, opinions, and religious malarkey is scary and inconsequential. Everyone is at different levels of understanding, spiritual maturity comes from studying, its a life long pursuit of always learning. If your not familiar with the subjects you mentioned, I'd start reading the gospels, the new testament, and then the old testament. Don't get frustrated if you don't understand most of it. You can ask specific questions on boards like this about subjects you find confusing.
Thank you for the advice.
 
The greatest doctrine of all...the Bible is the word of truth. The Bible is God’s pure and holy words preserved for us to live by. The Bible is a faithful witness and cannot lie.

It's funny you say The Bible is a faithful witness and cannot lie, yet we have so many interpretations of it that lead to lies. But yes I know what you mean.