Bible Editions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I really can not tell, but looks like she is holding her breath my friend. It is a .gif, so it is cut rather short.
Lets call "she is holding her breath" breathism and "she is trying to blow away hair" hairism.

Oct 25, 2018
Lets call "she is holding her breath" breathism and "she is trying to blow away hair" hairism.
No. It is ’holdeth her breath’ and ‘bloweth away thine hair’, my friend. And God did not she was going to do either, but when He found it out, He changed His mind about it.

Oct 16, 2018
You are still the same
Psalm (101 LXX) 102:27

Every good act of giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of shifting.
James 1:17

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and to the ages.
Heb 13:8
Yes his character never changes in promise and morality, but he does change his mind.

As for 1 Samuel 15, it is the same message as in Numbers. God is not a man that he should change his mind, notice that it also says he should not lie. God doesn't act outside his morality. Man is right in his own eyes, the "righteousness" of man is unstable. If God changed his mind about his morality, then he would be a liar.

And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee: for thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD hath rejected thee from being king over Israel. And as Samuel turned about to go away, he laid hold upon the skirt of his mantle, and it rent. And Samuel said unto him, The LORD hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou. And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.​

Since Saul acted outside of God's plans, he changed his mind. He didn't make a mistake, but rather saul did, and he changed his mind and removed him from his place. The same with Numbers:
Except Ye Repent​
By Dr. Harry Ironside​
Pastor Harry A. Ironside​
Chapter 11 - DOES GOD EVER REPENT?​
In the history of Jehovah's dealings with the people of Israel there is perhaps no story more affecting than that of Balak's effort to induce Balaam to curse them when they were encamped on the plains of Moab. The faithless prophet who loved the wages of unrighteousness was eager to comply with the wicked king's request, but was hindered each time he attempted to curse the people, by the Spirit of God. At last he confessed his inability to do the thing for which he had been called to Moab and instead of cursing Israel he blessed them, and foretold their glorious future in such a manner as to stir the ire of Balak, and to move the hearts of God's saints to devout thanksgiving. He introduced the narration of the divine purpose concerning the tribes of Israel, with the remarkable words: "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it" (Numbers 23:19-20).​
This is surely a marvellous declaration. It tells us that once God enters into an unconditional covenant with any people He will never call back His words. And He had definitely confirmed just such a covenant with Abraham. This was before the giving of the Law. The legal covenant they had a part in, and they failed to keep what they had promised. Only a few days later we read of the terrible sin of Baal-peor. On the ground of law they forfeited everything, and that covenant God Himself abrogated. But His covenant with Abraham was pure grace. He was the only contracting party. Whatever Israel's failures, He could not break His promise. He had bound Himself by an oath and He would not and could not repent, or reverse His decision. His attitude of grace through the promised seed would persist throughout the ages.​
These are all in reference to his morality and his covenants. You showed his character never changes, now show that his mind never changes.

You can't. (Jonah 3:10)

The fact that he changes his mind proves that he never changes. He doesn't change his judgment, nor his mercy.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
BTW, when I look for some verse on biblehub.com, I almost everytime copy it from the translation called Berean Literal Bible, it seems to be a very good translation, but I have never heard anyone mention it.

Does anybody have it, read it, use it? Why is it so unknown?

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
BTW, when I look for some verse on biblehub.com, I almost everytime copy it from the translation called Berean Literal Bible, it seems to be a very good translation, but I have never heard anyone mention it.

Ah, I have just found out that the BLB is made by the biblehub itself. Wow, I had no idea. Quite a good work.

Dec 28, 2016

Wow, imagine you using Scripture? :eek: ;) :p

Almost everytime you use it it does that? What, like once a year? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFL:

(hope you can take this all in jest my brother!)

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Wow, imagine you using Scripture? :eek:;):p

Almost everytime you use it it does that? What, like once a year? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFL:

(hope you can take this all in jest my brother!)
Are you sure you are using the Bible, when reading your OT? :p :sneaky::unsure:

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
@Fulldeck does God have wings my friend?
He does not need wings, because He rides on a cherub.

And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.
Psalm 18:10, KJV

Hmm... but now we have a problem, that the wind has wings... :(

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
OK, my bed is calling me with its smooth voice and the bed's arms are ready to receive me... so good night.

Oct 25, 2018
He does not need wings, because He rides on a cherub.

And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.
Psalm 18:10, KJV

Hmm... but now we have a problem, that the wind has wings... :(
In that chapter

Darkness was under His feet...but He does not really have feet
Smoke came out His nostrils...but He does not really have a nose
Fire came out of His wife...but He does not really have a mouth

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Hello everyone, I'm new and this is my first forum thread. I'm not new to Christianity, but I'm fairly new to the Bible. I read it once years ago, but didn't really read it well, to be honest. I'm re-reading it, but am curious as to what the real differences are between the types of Bibles available, and what most people choose? I was on a Christian store website looking to purchase a new Bible for my Mom, and I'm so confused on what would be the best edition to buy as a gift for someone else, and what the best edition is for study. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, from a Bible newbie.
You should judge every Bible version against the KJV - King James Version
and then get a copy of the New King James Version - NKJV - you will have to suffer the atrocious Americanised spelling,
but I believe one can buy a NKJV with British spelling.
These two Bibles ought to be sufficient for your reading. When you get stuck on passages in the KJV just use the NKJV to
get the gist of the scripture in more contemporary English.
Browse second-hand bookshops and welfare shops for a good dictionary printed before 1960 as these older dictionaries
have more substantial word definitions than modern contemporary dictionaries.
Also older dictionaries when listing words pertinent to Christian doctrine such as saviour, repentance, baptism, faith,
and such will give good theological meanings for these, even referring to Jesus as the Saviour for example.
One beautiful old 1930s "Home Dictionary" that I bought for $4 even has scripture references in the word meanings
when it comes to Biblical and Christian word entries.
Older dictionaries will have meanings for Thy and Thou and Ye and other KJV words (archaic).

Nick :)