Bible reading

  • Thread starter Thread starter Teenadreams
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Teenadreams

Guest
Hello everyone,

I'm having a difficult time understanding the bible and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
 
Hello everyone,

I'm having a difficult time understanding the bible and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Hello Teenadreams,

What Bible version are you reading and what specifically are you having difficulty with? If you are reading the King James verion (KJV) then I would suggest the English Standard Version (ESV) or the New American Standard (NASB).
 
I have asked the mods to move this to the bible forum. It's inappropriate to the conspiracy forum..lol
 
hi and welcome

As suggested, make sure you use a version that you understand.

Mark is the shortest of the gospels, so it is a nice place to get an overview of it all.

If your bible has references (that tiny text in the middle or bottom) , use it to find out more about specific topics.

....and if you have questions about something specific, come back and ask us (or a family member, or a pastor) :)
 
I'm reading the KJV. I was told any other bible is corrupt and should not be read.
 
Thanks? I'm new and still learning how to use this site. I apologize ☺️
 
I'm reading the KJV. I was told any other bible is corrupt and should not be read.

I wouldn't say that it is corrupt, for it has and does serve its purpose, but I would suggest one of the other versions that I mentioned for better understanding. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask.
 
the biblegateway site they mentioned is good. also if u want to buy a bible, a study bible with notes is great for beginners. just remember to put your focus in the bible and not the notes
 
suggestion #1...don't look for suggestions on scripture reading in the conspiracy forum...