Bible software: thoughts and experiences.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hamilton

Nov 26, 2018
Hi Believers blessings in Jesus Christ for all of you.

I am curious about the way you use Bible software, not only for Bible study but also for theological, ministerial and other kinds.

Theoretically there was a comment in a Bible software forum in which a poster said that he considered very important for his students to learn the original languages first (Koine Greek and Biblical Hebrew), before allowing them to get into the theological study.

In such way he seemed to imply that by correct exegesis one would get to the most likely correct doctrinal and theological points that the primary sources present.

Then in a different thread, a person was asking professors and staff to develop methodologies so that students could learn to use well the library.

The author seemed to imply that is key to have students be able to consult tertiary sources to have a developed conceptual framework so they can do better research when coming to the secondary and primary sources.

Yet in another thread some posters were of the thought that it is imperative that students learn to do diachronic studies in the Bible as revelation is progressive and any one doctrine has to take into account the "Whole Counsel of God". In such thread some voiced the concern that many persons doing exegesis in a synchronic way fail to get to the true doctrinal development because do not continue to do cross checking intertextually and diachronically to see how new light is presented with respect that particular topic.

So the inquiry here is manifold: do you consider a particular methodology useful for researching theological / doctrinal / biblical concepts?
E.g. tertiary research to enlarge conceptual framework, secondary sources to check if observations and interpretations are within the orthodox envelope, and primary source research for diachronic validation?

Then what do you consider to be the best Bible software for different parts of research, and how do you go about it.

diachronic bib theology .png

In my case I have Logos, WordSearch, Olive Tree, E sword, but use mainly Logos for its proximity search capabilities, and the amount of tertiary resources available.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I use software called, King James pure Bible Search.. It is good for finding verses you can copy and paste the verse in forums and in chat rooms.. Works well for me..

You can download it for free from this site::

Pure Bible Search . com

Hamilton

Nov 26, 2018

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I like the 'BLB' Blue Letter Bible, where you can put in a word and it will give all the Scriptures it's in, for the KJV. It will also have many other versions, as well as giving the Strong's Hebrew or Greek root source for the KJV.
I also have 'Strong's' on my laptop for just getting to a word root.
Sometimes, the beauty of the Gospel message is enough in itself to grasp as we move from Faith to Faith. God bless.