Bible Study

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 14, 2015
I know this is a weird suggestion. I just want to get to know people while also getting to know Him. I don't know many people who are interested like me, or who have the time to study with me.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Hi,
you can get involved in any thread in the discussion you want or you can PM some members and discuss Bible privately.

Its all on you.

Nov 14, 2015
I just don't want to bother anyone if they are discussing something else or busy. First time coming here and I thought asking for help would be a more respectful way than just budging in on a different discussion. It's probably just me though, thank u.

A

Ariel82

I love bible study.., you can pm me if you want a more private conversation or we can talk here, your choice,

Nov 14, 2015
Thank you! I honestly wouldn't know where to begin. I have read randomly throughout the Bible. That may be why I have so much difficulty understanding it.

Aug 16, 2016
Welcome Faelynn25, feel free to post or make a thread specifically indicating what you are studying and im sure there are those who have no problem discussing with it you

Nov 14, 2015
Thank you. I am not sure. I want to begin at a good place. I have realized that I really enjoy Psalms.

Nov 14, 2015
Anyone care to go through Psalms with me?

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Anyone care to go through Psalms with me?
Its too general question, there are 150 (or 151) psalms in the Bible...

Do you have any specific question or topic about them?

Nov 14, 2015
No, just want to understand the scriptures, from the beginning.

Nov 14, 2015
For instance, 1-4 is confusing. Is this better? Sorry I'm new to this but do want to understand.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
For instance, 1-4 is confusing. Is this better? Sorry I'm new to this but do want to understand.
Try to be even more specific... what exactly is confusing and why? :)

Nov 14, 2015
It's like reading a text book. The words are confusing but u can feel it has a meaning.

BLESSED is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitter in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgement, nor the sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

To me I want to understand what Psalms 1-6 is talking about.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
No, just want to understand the scriptures, from the beginning.
I have an idea faelynn? Why don't we start with the question, "Whos is Jesus Christ?" In Matthew 16:13 Jesus said, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?" Then we can go from there by starting with the gospel of John. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
The text you posted says that when you will not live according to advices and opinions of ungodly people etc, you will be blessed.

Maybe try another translation and find a commentary.

Here you can choose what translation is the most understandable to you:
biblehub.com - Psalm 1

And if you click on the tab "Comment", you will get some explanations to the selected Scripture.

Does it help?

Nov 14, 2015
Did I reply back to yours bluto? Sorry, still learning.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Did I reply back to yours bluto? Sorry, still learning.
I just made a suggestion that I think is a very important question. Where do you stand on "Who is Jesus Christ?" :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Nov 14, 2015
I couldn't live without Him. I try to pray every day and live my life like He wants us to. It's hard when a large amount of ppl u know are total opposites tho. Not blaming them, just saying it's difficult. As far as who He is.....that is a good question.