Bible Trivia Fun

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 13, 2024
Hello there; a little intrigue, a little fun, some bible trivia, hopefully a challenge to dig a little deeper into HIS word as well; So let's get started:

What early bible verse becomes the most quoted bible verse throughout the rest of the scriptures?

May 13, 2024
Ok, a lot of crickets so far... hmmm, alright, what day of creation was the sun made? ah the light :)

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
3rd?

May 13, 2024
Day 1 - let there be light... Day 4, the sun, moon and stars

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
Well at least I could have been more wrong. Almost said 6th day. Smh

May 13, 2024
lol, hey close can count for some things! whats interesting is light on day 1 and then the sun, moon and stars on day 4 has meaning to itl it's part of the design, days 1, 2, 3 are the creation of realms in ancienty near eastern hebrew and days 4, 5, and 6 are the population of those realms... some very smart Hebrew and Christian scholars do some cool work on this

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Hello there; a little intrigue, a little fun, some bible trivia, hopefully a challenge to dig a little deeper into HIS word as well; So let's get started:

What early bible verse becomes the most quoted bible verse throughout the rest of the scriptures?
Fear not.
ps
I like your signature. It reminded me of the thought that had recently occurred to me; that I would've never ventured to even look into other languages if it weren't for the Bible.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Exodus 34:6 God's character traits are one of the most quoted by the rest of the bible itself (over twenty times).
6b “The LORD, the LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth"
my first thought was to answer, "the LORD" but feared I'd be read in a characteristic that is common to me :cautious:
But that "the LORD" is repeated here does seem to indicate a necessity, by merit of being God's Word, rather than a redundancy. It implores us that we should pay double attention, imo. And indeed, we can compare characterizations of the LORD against this verse to determine whether He is known amongst them who proclaim it, as this is within the context of God proclaiming His Name.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
6b “The LORD, the LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth"
my first thought was to answer, "the LORD" but feared I'd be read in a characteristic that is common to me :cautious:
But that "the LORD" is repeated here does seem to indicate a necessity, by merit of being God's Word, rather than a redundancy. It implores us that we should pay double attention, imo. And indeed, we can compare characterizations of the LORD against this verse to determine whether He is known amongst them who proclaim it, as this is within the context of God proclaiming His Name.
I am shocked a bit...
I would thought it was "Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness." That one is quoted a lot too.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

What "source" are you getting this info from? Just wondering...

May 13, 2024
Next question, where is the first appearance of the word sin in the Hebrew bible?

May 13, 2024
I am shocked a bit...
I would thought it was "Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness." That one is quoted a lot too.
Let me be sure to be clear, Exo 34:6 is one of the most quoted, doesn't mean other's are also not quoted a lot, hope that helps :) To another point, repetition does seem to indicate importance for a lot of biblical studies :)

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I am shocked a bit...
(I thought) The parameters of the question were limited to those repetitions within scripture, and thus was I guessed, "fear not." However, I recognize the reasoning of achieving a condition of fearing not is in correlation to God's Name and His character.

May 13, 2024
The bible is the source :) and lots of other smart people and word study tools (like logos.com help to), it's intriguing to look and explore around and discover the bible and some of these ways, at least I think so :)

May 13, 2024
I am shocked a bit...
Now I wonder how many times 'Abraham believed God...' does appear, I might have to add that to the list to check out! lol

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I would have never guessed Exo 34:6 either, though, not without looking it up. I like to learn new things, especially relating to the Bible.

May 13, 2024
Fear not.
ps
I like your signature. It reminded me of the thought that had recently occurred to me; that I would've never ventured to even look into other languages if it weren't for the Bible.
nice and thank you!

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024

Hmm, “In the beginning God…” or John 3:16?