BIBLE : ...VERSES TO PONDER OF......
HABAKKUK 3:18-19
.........yet I will rejoice in the Lord , I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
Just in the time before Judah's fall in to Babylon
God's people did what evil in His Eyes...since a period of time!
But God still go after HIS people, sent Habakkuk to warn them, to persuade them to change their habits, so that they could be spared from that final down fall, enslaved to Babylon!!
Prophet Habakkuk was so confused, discourage on behaviour of the people of Judah...in the last time of King Zedekiah!
He even complained to God...not once but twice...after God answered him...with all His promises what about to happened....with all these evildoers...
Habakkuk 1:2-4
How long, Lord , must I call for help, but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!” but you do not save?
Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife,
and conflict abounds.
Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted.
2 Chronicles 36:15 -17
The Lord , the God of their ancestors, sent word to them through his messengers again and again, because He had pity on his people and on his dwelling place.
But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the Lord was aroused against his people and there was no remedy.
He brought up against them the king of the Babylonians, who killed their young men with the sword in the sanctuary, and did not spare young men or young women, the elderly or the infirm. God gave them all into the hands of Nebuchadnezzar.
After all Habakkuk still prays the Lord,
his God:
Habakkuk 3:16-19
I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled.
Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us.
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
.........yet I will rejoice in the Lord , I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
I wish for all of us....that we should have the FAITH OF PROPHET HABAKKUK...,shouldn't we!
Amen!
HABAKKUK 3:18-19
.........yet I will rejoice in the Lord , I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
Just in the time before Judah's fall in to Babylon
God's people did what evil in His Eyes...since a period of time!
But God still go after HIS people, sent Habakkuk to warn them, to persuade them to change their habits, so that they could be spared from that final down fall, enslaved to Babylon!!
Prophet Habakkuk was so confused, discourage on behaviour of the people of Judah...in the last time of King Zedekiah!
He even complained to God...not once but twice...after God answered him...with all His promises what about to happened....with all these evildoers...
Habakkuk 1:2-4
How long, Lord , must I call for help, but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!” but you do not save?
Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife,
and conflict abounds.
Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted.
2 Chronicles 36:15 -17
The Lord , the God of their ancestors, sent word to them through his messengers again and again, because He had pity on his people and on his dwelling place.
But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the Lord was aroused against his people and there was no remedy.
He brought up against them the king of the Babylonians, who killed their young men with the sword in the sanctuary, and did not spare young men or young women, the elderly or the infirm. God gave them all into the hands of Nebuchadnezzar.
After all Habakkuk still prays the Lord,
his God:
Habakkuk 3:16-19
I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled.
Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us.
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
.........yet I will rejoice in the Lord , I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
I wish for all of us....that we should have the FAITH OF PROPHET HABAKKUK...,shouldn't we!
Amen!