Bible Vs Scientism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The word is γνώσεως (gnōseōs). It means an inquiry, know or knowledge. It includes all kinds of human wisdom or philosophy.

"O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge—" NKJV
With all due respect, sir, but I am not interested in your adamant rejection and perversion of God's Word by means foreign languages. There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me. God's words are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge. But you hear them not. Therefore, thou art of thy father the devil, and the lusts of thy father thou wilt do.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
1 Timothy 6:20
“O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:”
I think the verse is indicating that science-so-called that opposes the Written Word is not true Science. What think you?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
With all due respect, sir, but I am not interested in your adamant rejection and perversion of God's Word by means foreign languages.
With all due respect to you, I don't really care if you're interested or not. You're living in a fantasy world and someone needs to wake you up. I'll pray for you.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
ResidentAlien is referring to the Greek, not some "foreign language". The New Testament was written in Greek. That you conclude he is "of the devil" because he refers to the original language of the text demonstrates that you are both profoundly ignorant and extremely judgmental. You call yourself a Christian? Wow. I sure hope you don't witness to actual unbelievers with that attitude.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I've talked to a lot of KJV onlyists, but I have admit I've never met anyone more rabidly fervent about it than you. Is there something other than your own conviction that convinces you that the KJV and only the KJV is God's word? Something substantial or concrete?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What about genuine science, or, to reference the Greek term, genuine knowledge? Would you know the difference?
Nothing that opposes the Word is genuine or true. God's Word is absolute and perfect science and truth. We all agree on this. We have a step up on those scientists who have not looked into the Book.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
ResidentAlien is referring to the Greek, not some "foreign language". The New Testament was written in Greek. That you conclude he is "of the devil" because he refers to the original language of the text demonstrates that you are both profoundly ignorant and extremely judgmental. You call yourself a Christian? Wow. I sure hope you don't witness to actual unbelievers with that attitude.
It all began in the mind of God. God is not Greek. (Everyone knows He is Jamesian :giggle:.)

Dirtman

Jul 19, 2022
I use the kjv, if it was good enough for Jesus its good enough for me. Besides it was his disciples what writ it. And George Warshington preaxhed the decorations of independence from it before he were alected president.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
The Bible teaches us that God created the heaven, the earth, the sea, and everything in them in six days - and then rested on the seventh. This occurred a little over 6000 years ago. I believe this, because God's written word is my ultimate authority.

Science is a process... an investigation and collection of raw data. Science doesn't actually "say" anything - as the common idiom "science says" indicates. Science is only the collection of the data itself. Then flawed human beings interpret that data in many different ways. Those interpretations are not science itself, but conclusions based on the data which was collected via the scientific process. Those conclusions come complete with personal biases, and much conjecture and speculation.

Scientism is a blind belief in those INTERPRETATIONS/CONCLUSIONS.

For example, we know through science that there are lights in the sky that appear to move over the earth in repeated patterns. It is not science itself, but the interpretations/conclusions/speculations of flawed men which tell us that those lights are giant fireballs in a vast vacuum, that they are moving away from us, and that this movement means that they were at one time all squished together into a hot, dense ball of energy. And Scientism is the faith-based belief IN those interpretations.

So the cult of Scientism (not science itself) claims that our world began as an explosion/expansion of a singularity about 14 billion years ago. The Bible teaches that our world began as a six day creative action taken by God... about 6000 years ago.

Which of those is the truth?
The Bible teaches that accurately (based of numerical clues in the text) that THIS creation that we live in happened on THIS planet something like 6000 years ago, and before that the earth was "Without form and void".

It's subject to some speculation WHEN the universal creation took place, and the Biblical creationists are divided into YEC and OEC factions.

"Young earth Creationists" claim that EVERYTHING happened 6000 years ago, before that there was NOTHJING, and they rationalize away any "Scientific Evidence" that it all had existed long before.

"OLD Earth Creationists" see s "chronological "Gap" between Gen 1:1, and gen 1:2 and theorize that the universe and earth existed LONG BEFORE Adam's creation occurred. they postulate that there may have been many "Creations" on this planet before the one we inhabit.

Personally, I'm an OEC, but consider it all to be unimportant in practical terms.