Bible ?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jruiz

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2013
565
5
18
I currently have the King James Version of the bible,but I have been using the NASB as I find it easier to read. However it was my Dad's,and I don't want to mark it up..So I want to buy a new one. I also was considering the NIV version. Now, I noticed comparing the KJV to the NASBand as far as Rev. 1:11,the nasb left out the "I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last". If I was to do a bible study with a Jehovah's Witness,using the NASB I would lose...why they left that out I don't know..
Revelation 1:11New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 saying, “Write in a [a]book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and toPergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and toPhiladelphia and to Laodicea.”

So I would like to know what bible is the easiest to understand/read,but the most accurate? Thanks.
 
Apparently it was either added to certain manuscripts by a scribe, or left out. It depends on which body of Greek manuscripts one looks at.
In some English versions it will be in italics, indicating it is not in the Greek texts that that translation is working from.
 
many would just give you the one that they think is the right one but what is important is which one God leads you too. Me personally I enjoy the niv but I also love the kjv as well both of them speak to me ina different ways and both have lead me closer God but again listen to God's voice don't base you decision on what others say or whether you are concerned which ond is right, just be still and listen and he will speak to you
 
I currently have the King James Version of the bible,but I have been using the NASB as I find it easier to read. However it was my Dad's,and I don't want to mark it up..So I want to buy a new one. I also was considering the NIV version. Now, I noticed comparing the KJV to the NASBand as far as Rev. 1:11,the nasb left out the "I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last". If I was to do a bible study with a Jehovah's Witness,using the NASB I would lose...why they left that out I don't know..
Revelation 1:11New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 saying, “Write in a [a]book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and toPergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and toPhiladelphia and to Laodicea.”

So I would like to know what bible is the easiest to understand/read,but the most accurate? Thanks.

I'm sorry, didnt read the last sentence. You're good reading the ESV alongside the KJV or the NKJV. That way you get both schools of thought and the ESV is easy enough.
 
I'm sorry, didnt read the last sentence. You're good reading the ESV alongside the KJV or the NKJV. That way you get both schools of thought and the ESV is easy enough.
Just as long as it doesn't say "I am the second and the fortieth." He should be right :D