Biblical demonology

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
In the 1980's I read a book I believe by D. L. Moody with the above title which was his Masters thesis about the origin of demons. In it he proposed the idea that in genesis ch. 6 the sons of god that married the daughters of men, they were angels that married human women. This led to the Flood. Demons were the disembodied spirits of the fallen angels, trapped or imprisoned here on earth ever since. I tried to find the book but it has long since been out of print.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I love D.L. Moody, but in this case he was an idiot. However there are modern day idiots that believe this like, women married the Nephilim and they were fallen angels...

The flood came because G-d was sick and tired of putting up with man's sin and He will burn the Earth with fire when He has had enough again... There will be no demon to blame it on but human sin....

G-d is not a big mystery.... Nor His Word!!!!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I didn't post it because I have taken any sides, just the subject came up in a thread about UFO's and I thought it more belonged with conspiracy theories than a bible discussion forum. I don't care if et's exist, if they do God made them also, praise God, it doesn't effect our salvation at all.

I'm sure Lucifer has a big laugh every time we blame something on him that he deserves no credit for. Lead us not into temptations, we can find it all by ourselves.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Amen, brother Moody was a true man of God!

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
In the 1980's I read a book I believe by D. L. Moody with the above title which was his Masters thesis about the origin of demons. In it he proposed the idea that in genesis ch. 6 the sons of god that married the daughters of men, they were angels that married human women. This led to the Flood. Demons were the disembodied spirits of the fallen angels, trapped or imprisoned here on earth ever since. I tried to find the book but it has long since been out of print.
I believe that was Merrill Unger bro.

P

pjharrison

I believe they are some of the demons, then there are demons that are in the second heavens who followed satan when he was thrown out of heaven, then there are the demons who where locked away in the book of jude. Some people say that the angels could not of mated with the women, but I believe they did. They took on strange flesh. That's why the world had to be destroyed all except Noah and his family. The animals were also corrupted and distorted from there natural form.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
It took a long time to get here but this is where i wanted the conversation to go. I want to learn more. I think mental illness is real and not caused by demons although they may get involved along the line. We need to treat the mentaly ill as if they are sick. I won't back down from this.

P

pjharrison

It took a long time to get here but this is where i wanted the conversation to go. I want to learn more. I think mental illness is real and not caused by demons although they may get involved along the line. We need to treat the mentaly ill as if they are sick. I won't back down from this.
It took a long time to get here but this is where i wanted the conversation to go. I want to learn more. I think mental illness is real and not caused by demons although they may get involved along the line. We need to treat the mentally ill as if they are sick. I won't back down from this.
I think that most mental illness is demons, but because there is no one going around casting them out like they did in the new testament., they need medication. Medication to slow down the body, makes the demon stop manifesting. In the new testament they knew they were demons, but now we call it mental illness. And they always end up and stop taking the medication and the demon manifest again. The demons like to confuse people and torment them.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I will admit that the weakened dellusional state of mind of a mentaly ill person is fertal ground for demons, sort of like a wounded animal seen limping by a predator. I have no doubt that demons do exist. People with no medical experience, training or background should probably stay away from this subject. You lack medical knowledge which can be quite harmful to you and the victims that mental illness and demons can claim. If you work in a ministry that deals with mental illness.
Moreover, it isn't your life at stake. The enemy dosn't care if it sacrifices the life of a mother, child or man. Come up to speed and realize that mental illness is as real as Polio.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
ministries that involve mental illness are homeless, substance abuse, prison, gerriatric, sexual abuse and many others. If you are involved with these either get an education or get out!

P

pjharrison

I will admit that the weakened dellusional state of mind of a mentaly ill person is fertal ground for demons, sort of like a wounded animal seen limping by a predator. I have no doubt that demons do exist. People with no medical experience, training or background should probably stay away from this subject. You lack medical knowledge which can be quite harmful to you and the victims that mental illness and demons can claim. If you work in a ministry that deals with mental illness.
Moreover, it isn't your life at stake. The enemy dosn't care if it sacrifices the life of a mother, child or man. Come up to speed and realize that mental illness is as real as Polio.

P

pjharrison

Demons come in through sin, , some are from generational curses, that came from our ansesters. I take medicine, for panic attacks and anxiety. So they plague people in many different ways. Addiction is a demon. Their main objective is to keep us away from the knowledge of Christ. Most people deal with a demon in their life and don't know it.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
yes, i've had my share, alcohol, gambling and whores to mention a few. How much was to blame demons for vs how much was my own fault?

P

pjharrison

yes, i've had my share, alcohol, gambling and whores to mention a few. How much was to blame demons for vs how much was my own fault?
Some may have been your own doing, but where did the desire to do it come from. The devil intice people. When they do the sin, it opens the for other things.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Some may have been your own doing, but where did the desire to do it come from. The devil intice people. When they do the sin, it opens the for other things.
I don't know but the desires are mostly gone now, I still like to look at beautiful women and the taste of good rum. Those things may never leave me. I throw myself on the mercy of jesus to please forgive mysinfull nature That's enough for now I think

Dec 12, 2013
Solomon said...That which is going to be has already been........world wide evidence of Giants from 9 to 20-45 feet tall....suppressed by museums, governments and college educated gurus.....here in the time of NOAH, here in the time of Joshua, here in the time of David....and according to JESUS the end of days will be similar to the days of Noah.....What I like the most about threads like this are the "All knowing ONES" that believe their view on Genesis 6 is all that and a bag of spiritual chips.....hilarious.....!

P

pjharrison

I don't know but the desires are mostly gone now, I still like to look at beautiful women and the taste of good rum. Those things may never leave me. I throw myself on the mercy of jesus to please forgive mysinfull nature That's enough for now I think
Are you married? Or have you thought of marriage?

Dec 12, 2013
I believe they are some of the demons, then there are demons that are in the second heavens who followed satan when he was thrown out of heaven, then there are the demons who where locked away in the book of jude. Some people say that the angels could not of mated with the women, but I believe they did. They took on strange flesh. That's why the world had to be destroyed all except Noah and his family. The animals were also corrupted and distorted from there natural form.
Many overlook that point..that ALL flesh had corrupted itself...my view--->genetic manipulation.....