Big Bang Biblical???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

charisenexcelcis

I apologize to keep this thread from dragging on and on, however now that "thelevite" has done research in regards to your claims and has disproven the many theories and flaws that you have stated in the big bang theory i would like to learn why the earth is as young as you say it is.

The worst part is disproving the big bang theory does not prove your belief that the earth is only 6000 years old, would you please enlighten me what you mean when you say "but remember there is clear evidence that the planet's age is only in the thousands of years."

p.s. i actually do want to know what evidence there is for a young earth, im just curious.
The depth of moon dust--they thought there would be feet, perhaps even dozens of feet of dust based upon the age of the earth-moon system.

M

mrpower

If you're going to go into the big bang theory then you have to start looking at things like carbon dating as well.
Im not a spoiler, but have a look at the objective points of carbon dating from any christian scientists point of view.. and if you really want to get into it, look into evolution and what the author himself said about it.. darwin's notes didnt truly support the current theory, it's just been popularised as a way of taking the focus away from God.. in my opinion.

Jan 14, 2010
i actually do believe in the big bang...
God spoke, and BANG! there it was.

but in all actuality, the Big Bang hasn't happened yet...

2 Peter 3:10
But the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat. The earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
the Biblical Big Bang is coming... get ready for it.

S

sword

God may have used a big bang to expand matter and then use matter to create everything we know. The point is there is no evolution. God made it all.

K

Kay_Kay

The Big Bang Theory is based on the assumption that matter pre-existed and willed itself into a higher existence. The science is based on magic. The creation of the world is supernatural, it just makes more sense that God is the creator- the theory of existiing gasses coming by chance side-steps a higher intelligence.

S

sword

God may have created matter first, then expanded it by means of a big bang and finally created everything we know with it. So nothing really evolved.

W

wwjd_kilden

i actually do believe in the big bang...
God spoke, and BANG! there it was.

but in all actuality, the Big Bang hasn't happened yet...

2 Peter 3:10
But the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat. The earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
the Biblical Big Bang is coming... get ready for it.
well, there are some who believe in the big Crunch

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Whats the big crunch lol ?

W

wwjd_kilden

kinda a reversed big bang :p everything keeps expanding and then suddenly it crunches together to a single point again (in a cycle)

C

Cako53

Well, I have come to a few conclussions with this "Big Bang Theory".

#1. The creation of the world was supernatural, there is not possible way we can begin to understand it.

#2. The Big Bang Theory that is displayed today, breaks The Law of Convservation of Mass and Energy, which states: The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can change its form.
The first law of thermodynamics, also agrees with this.

#3. The Big Bang Theory breaks the second law of Thermodynamics, which states: Everything tends towards disorder.

Basically, The Big Bang Theory is like me telling you that thousands of pieces of wood were set in motion by a tornado in a lumeryard and this ultimately resulted in the amazing design and complexity of the house that you live in, you would think that this was absurd to say the least. Yet, even if this was possible, you still have to wonder where the wood came from in the first place. It was all created in a supernatural way!

To end it all, my favourite.
#4. The Big Bang Theory breaks the Conservation of Angular Momentum which states: when an object or system of objects has no net outside forces acting on it, the total amount of its angular momentum does not change.

This would mean that when all ofthe matter started spinning to the size of a dot on a piece of paper, exploding and expanding into what we know today (the most commonly used big bang theory) that all the planets should be spinning in the same direction, according to The Conservation of Angular Momentum. The reality is Venus and Uranus spin opposite the rest of the planets. To take it another step further, even though all the planets orbit in the same direction, some of the planets moons orbit opposite us and spin the opposite way. There is no possible way that the Big Bang Theory is possible.

Someone could say that God still spoke it with a bang, but we have no proof of this. The best answer to this question is the fact that we don't know. Creation is supernatural and we cannot understand it.

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;"

Feb 9, 2010
20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man(Genesis 2:20-22).

God took a rib from Adam and created woman not by an evolutionary process and if God would create Eve that fast means He can create a whole person at once and not by an evolutionary process.Adam was a complete man when God created Eve for Him.Why would God create man to go through evolution
and wait to have fellowship with Him when He can create a person whole.God can create a person as a whole person and not evolution.God's whole purpose is to have fellowship with people so why would God wait for man to go through an evolution process to have fellowship with Him when He can create a man whole.

Matt

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
As I have said before, science is simply mans explanation for God's creation.
God bless, pickles

F

flyboy01

Big bang can't be Biblical because it's not described in the Bible per se. But this doesn't mean something similar to the description to the theory happened (It is a theory after all, which has gone through a scientific method). It is a fact that the universe is expanding and moving, and that many solar systems have origin from a phenomena very close to a description of The big bang theory.
It doesn't matter if you or we believe in it or not, all this still goes down to the point that there has to be someone who actually started moving things.

Big Bang Theory is utterly false, completely anti-Christian, unbiblical, unfounded, kabbahla mumbo-jumbo!!!
So you say this... just because you are, were, or are becoming a pastor... I'd like to know more.

W

worldlover

i also agree that there's no conflict between science and religion.

Sep 27, 2012
I believe in both the Big Bang and evolution. At first I did not so much, but after interpreting the Bible more and more, I reconsidered.

Nov 19, 2012
I believe in both the Big Bang and evolution. At first I did not so much, but after interpreting the Bible more and more, I reconsidered.
The Big Bang represents a beginning to matter, energy, space and time....this matches with what the Holy Bible tells us, also.

Evolution, however, is not Biblical....in fact, it is becoming less and less scientific all the time...