Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham - HD

  • Thread starter Thread starter 777ShesinHisHands777
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Bowman, there isn't a lot of point spending time trying to discuss anything with you, because you have so many weird and twisted interpretations of scripture. I'm not wasting my time discussing the meaning of Yom, you will have to be content with a copy and paste. If you don't like it, it is not something I am going to worry about.

Ok...Angela....thanks!
 
Yea perhaps I am. But the point is, manogamy is around because of more than the bible. People were getting together and staying together long before the old testament. Hindus were doing it thousands of years before.

I disagree with you there. The Hindu religion came about as an off-shoot of the belief in the one true God after the nations were scattered and different languages birthed at the Tower of Babel.
 
You can research the 'day-age' position at your leisure, brother.

Stooping to Angela's level and replying with a webpage is NOT discussing or refuting anything.


I have studied the YEC, OEC, Day-age and framework hypothesis for the past decade and the day-age simply has the most evidence going for it. Period.

An ancient Earth does NOT mean evolution, brother.....so no need to worry about that.

This is so frustrating. I'm just asking for your perspective. I've done some research on Day-Age theories but you say they don't line up with your beliefs. How can I know what you're talking about, unless you give some form of direction?
 
This is so frustrating. I'm just asking for your perspective. I've done some research on Day-Age theories but you say they don't line up with your beliefs. How can I know what you're talking about, unless you give some form of direction?

Where did I ever state that day-age does not agree with my beliefs...?
 
You know when even hardcore fundamentalist pat robertson calls you out, youve messed up:
[video=youtube;MWAbr-SoMAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWAbr-SoMAs#t=93[/video]
 
Where did I ever state that day-age does not agree with my beliefs...?

No, no. Earlier, you 'refuted' my reasons for not agreeing the Day-Age model was a viable option (which you have every right to) but then you told me that what I was talking about wasn't even the Day-Age theory but something else. So I'm just wondering how your perspective differences. Thanks.
 
You know when even hardcore fundamentalist pat robertson calls you out, youve messed up:
[video=youtube;MWAbr-SoMAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWAbr-SoMAs#t=93[/video]

That man has the makings of a false teacher, so I wouldn't quote him. Any way, Ham's got nothing on Pat.
 
You know when even hardcore fundamentalist pat robertson calls you out, youve messed up:
[video=youtube;MWAbr-SoMAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWAbr-SoMAs#t=93[/video]

Yeah, he's so hardcore fundamentalist. :rolleyes:
 
No, no. Earlier, you 'refuted' my reasons for not agreeing the Day-Age model was a viable option (which you have every right to) but then you told me that what I was talking about wasn't even the Day-Age theory but something else. So I'm just wondering how your perspective differences. Thanks.


You believe in a thousands-of-year-old earth and Universe.

I believe in a Billions-of-year-old earth and Universe.

Not much in common there.

As far as Salvation goes, we seem to agree.

The point is that outsiders looking into the faith see two Christian camps equally split over what should be a slam-dunk...and they perceive this as nonsense and are scared to even enter the faith because it looks like we can't even agree on the physical things, how then can the spiritual things likewise be true?

See...
 
Bowman, I believe the physical creation can only be understood in light of the spiritual (I think you would believe the same). But if there's division because one of the science models is incorrect, that makes sense. If we're united in a lie, that's not truth (please understand, I'm not accusing you). I'm just saying that I disagree with your old creation beliefs and it looks like we'll have to agree to disagree. Thank you for answering my question. God Bless, brother.
 
Nice to here good comments from Pat Robertson. As he stated, this idea about a young earth came about when Bishop Usher and John Lightfoot had a little competition going, adding up the genealogies. (Now, interpreting genealogies have their own problems including gaps.) The final date (which they changed going back and forth with their refinements) given by Lightfoot (they both agreed on the year 4004 B.C.) was that Creation began on October 19th, and Adam was created 9 a.m. on October 23, 4004 B.C. ("forty-fifth meridian time").

But the key point to remember is that even if they could be added up, genealogies have nothing to do with the age of the earth itself. See In the Beginning
 
Bowman, I believe the physical creation can only be understood in light of the spiritual (I think you would believe the same). But if there's division because one of the science models is incorrect, that makes sense. If we're united in a lie, that's not truth (please understand, I'm not accusing you). I'm just saying that I disagree with your old creation beliefs and it looks like we'll have to agree to disagree. Thank you for answering my question. God Bless, brother.


Actually,

I follow the exact opposite of what you proposed, as declared by Jesus, as thus...

If I tell you earthly things, and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? (John 3.12)


See how God tells us that we must first comprehend the physical before the spiritual?


This is why Jesus spoke in parables...which are earthly stories revealing a spiritual truth!
 
You believe in a thousands-of-year-old earth and Universe.

I believe in a Billions-of-year-old earth and Universe.

Not much in common there.

As far as Salvation goes, we seem to agree.

The point is that outsiders looking into the faith see two Christian camps equally split over what should be a slam-dunk...and they perceive this as nonsense and are scared to even enter the faith because it looks like we can't even agree on the physical things, how then can the spiritual things likewise be true?

See...

You could try scripture for an answer. ;)
 
...this idea about a young earth came about when Bishop Usher and John Lightfoot...
I'm not one to dogmatically state that the solar system is a certain age, but I believe with confidence that it is much closer to 6000 than to 4.5 billion. The planet Jupiter, at its core, is thought to be over 16,000 degrees Fahrenheit. It is not being heated by any outside source. I think it's a safe bet that if Jupiter were 4.5 billion years old, he'd be pretty cold by now. Just one solid evidence for a relatively young creation. There are many more.

But the key point to remember is that even if they could be added up, genealogies have nothing to do with the age of the earth itself. See In the Beginning
Jesus Himself declared that male and female were made "at the beginning", and NT genealogies run all the way back to Adam. The clear teaching of the Bible is that Adam was made on the sixth literal day of the existence of the Earth. Any teaching or interpretation that disagrees with that is, at best, contorted.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen a lot of people that, like Bowman, claim to believe in God, but deny the possibility the earth is younger than it appears.
Let me submit it to the forum in this manner: How old would we say Adam was the day God made him? We don't know, but I would surmise he would have probably looked to be somewhere around mid-thirties, perhaps. It is ludicrous to think God made and raised Adam as a baby, now isn't it?
So let's consider that for a minute. If God made Adam, and Adam appeared as an adult, who is to say God didn't do the same with earth? Could God make the earth in a matter of days, yet design it to look like an "adult" earth, that was eons of age? Sure He could. If you believe in God, you must believe "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26).

Truth is, we simply don't know. I wasn't there. You weren't there. Bill Nye wasn't there. I put my faith and trust in God and believe wholeheartedly that with Him all things are possible.
 
You know when even hardcore fundamentalist pat robertson calls you out, youve messed up:
[video=youtube;MWAbr-SoMAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWAbr-SoMAs#t=93[/video]

Good thing this pat robertson doesn't get to dictate what I believe. I'm not sure what he believes in, but nothing is impossible for my God.
 
I disagree with you there. The Hindu religion came about as an off-shoot of the belief in the one true God after the nations were scattered and different languages birthed at the Tower of Babel.

If Adam was made 6000 years ago, hinduism definitely predates that.

Sumerian religions and Egyptian religions predate it too.

Hindu religion is known to have started with the Indus valley Civilization before 7,000 BCE. More than 9,000 years ago. The hindu texts were written long before the Exodus from Egypt is thought to have happened.
 
If you knew anything about the Christian faith you'd know that evangelizing others or "converting" others doesn't get you into heaven or get you any more than the next guy over.



You keep saying, "I never said there was no God," and getting mad at people for categorizing you as an atheist, but all you've done is tell us what your view isn't instead of what your view is. So how about you clear the air and tell us what god or gods your believe in? Are you a Hindu, Muslim, Deist, something else? Please clear the air and clarify this for everyone. It would certainly be a lot more productive and beneficial than just hounding on someone everytime they categorize you as an atheist and responding with an unhelpful "I never said there was no God," snide remark.

I'm not getting mad about anything. I'm matter-of-factly pointing out a glaring assumption.