Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham - HD

  • Thread starter Thread starter 777ShesinHisHands777
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Re: With respect to the OP and others viewing this thread...

An overlooked historical/scientific observation?


2 Samuel 21:20 There was war at Gath again, where there was a man of great stature who had six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot, twenty-four in number; and he also had been born to the giant.

1 Chronicles 20:6 Again there was war at Gath, where there was a man of great stature who had twenty-four fingers and toes, six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot; and he also was descended from the giants.

Numbers 13:22 When they had gone up into the Negev, they came to Hebron where Ahiman, Sheshai and Talmai, the descendants of Anak were. (Now Hebron was built seven years before Zoan in Egypt.)

Numbers 13:28 Nevertheless, the people who live in the land are strong, and the cities are fortified and very large; and moreover, we saw the descendants of Anak there.

Numbers 13:33 There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

Deuteronomy 1:28 Where can we go up? Our brethren have made our hearts melt, saying, “The people are bigger and taller than we; the cities are large and fortified to heaven. And besides, we saw the sons of the Anakim there.”’

Deuteronomy 2:10 (The Emim lived there formerly, a people as great, numerous, and tall as the Anakim.

Deuteronomy 2:11 Like the Anakim, they are also regarded as Rephaim, but the Moabites call them Emim.

Deuteronomy 2:21 a people as great, numerous, and tall as the Anakim, but the Lord destroyed them before them. And they dispossessed them and settled in their place,

Deuteronomy 9:2 a people great and tall, the sons of the Anakim, whom you know and of whom you have heard it said, ‘Who can stand before the sons of Anak?’

Joshua 11:21 Then Joshua came at that time and cut off the Anakim from the hill country, from Hebron, from Debir, from Anab and from all the hill country of Judah and from all the hill country of Israel. Joshua utterly destroyed them with their cities.

Joshua 11:22 There were no Anakim left in the land of the sons of Israel; only in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod some remained.


If Enoch, and Genesis mention the giants/nephilim in a pre-flood context, and homosapiens as we know it today are the offspring of Japheth, Shem, and Ham...then why are there post-flood mentions of descendants of the Anakim/Nephilim?

The obvious conclusion is...


Sons of Noah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


A few ancient curiosities for your consideration...


Nephilim: TRUE STORY of Satan, Fallen Angels, Giants, Aliens, Hybrids...


And the Lord granted them a period of one hundred and twenty years...


930 - 5,500 - 10,000 - 1,000


If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.


All aboard the crazy train
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheKringledOne
Go Bill Nye !!

I thought Ken Ham had a good opening statement and presentation but then went off on his usual preaching the rest of the way.

I thought both of them did poorly. I would give them both a grade of D.

Nye made several logical blunders and Ham focused on minutia. Neither one are PhD's. Nye has a Bachlor's in Mechanical Engineering while was a teacher. Even the format seemed bad. I think Nye lost based on his many errors.

Bill Nye's errors:
1) Frequently reference to "Ham's model", meaning a 6K yr old Earth. That was insulting and in poor taste not to mention deceptive.

2) Nye claimed the ark would of been the largest boat ever made is simply false. It was 500 feet long and we have oil tankers at 1500 feet with 6 times the volume.

3) Nye claimed Noah and his men did not have the expertise to build such a ship that size. A claim he can not prove.

4) Nye made several appeals to the tax payers and voters to affirm science and by implication not embrace Creationism or we will loose our standing in the world. This is nothing but a scare tactic.

5) Nye asked parents to not teach kids creationism which is bigotry and religous phobia. Both points 4 and 5 have nothing to do with the debate.
 
Nye is appealing to a logical fallacy of experience. He states the ark was extraordinary to the point it could not be built. He has stated that Noah did not have the proper know how to build such an extraordinary boat. Is the ark really extraordinary? Nye stated the ark is the largest ship ever built-and that is plain false. The length of the ark was 512 feet long. The Sea Giant, oil tanker is 1,507 feet long. So Bill Nye's facts are exaggerated.

It was built over 120 years by 8 men or 960 man-years or 350400 man-days. That would be enough to build 2 aircraft carriers.

Bill Nye also pointed to a Zoo and stated how large the zoo is as if animals need the entire space to live. Zoo space includes walk ways, streets, parking lots, restaurants, bath rooms, gift shops and staff facilities. I imagine 40% of a zoo is for humans. So again Nye is exaggerating his facts.

Just to add to this if I may...

Gen 6:14 Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch.
Gen 6:15 And this is how you shall make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, its width fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.
Gen 6:16 You shall make a window for the ark, and you shall finish it to a cubit from above; and set the door of the ark in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third decks.

Do we think this is all the direction God gave Noah? Of course not. God designed the ark and gave detailed plans and instructions to Noah to build it. The idea that the ark was extraordinary to the point that Noah could not build it ignores Who commanded the building of it and Who supplied the detailed plans and instructions.
 
You clearly do not understand evolution.

Actually, Danschance does understand evolution. On the other hand, you clearly do not understand evolution or you would not bow down to and worship a theory that is preposterous.
 
Actually, Danschance does understand evolution. On the other hand, you clearly do not understand evolution or you would not bow down to and worship a theory that is preposterous.


If you watched that debate and could not decipher who was telling the truth I can't help you. The evidence for the truth through real science is overwhelming and undeniable.
 
You clearly do not understand evolution.
I just can't take statements like the above seriously.

I am sure I know more about evolution than you do. I was once an atheist and read up on evolution. I have read several books on paleontology and geology. I have had 5 semesters of Physics, 3 semesters of chemistry, metallurgy and math classes beyond calculus in college (as required for my major). I have been to several archaeological dig sites. I eventually came to the conclusion that God is absolutely real, though I doubt what convinced me will have any effect on you.

Please stop trolling.
 
How could you come to the conclusion that god is real when absolutely NO demonstrable proof exists, not one shred of evidence... You can make a decision but that does not mean its the correct one.

I just can't take statements like the above seriously.

I am sure I know more about evolution than you do. I was once an atheist and read up on evolution. I have read several books on paleontology and geology. I have had 5 semesters of Physics, 3 semesters of chemistry, metallurgy and math classes beyond calculus in college (as required for my major). I have been to several archaeological dig sites. I eventually came to the conclusion that God is absolutely real, though I doubt what convinced me will have any effect on you.

Please stop trolling.
 
How could you come to the conclusion that god is real when absolutely NO demonstrable proof exists, not one shred of evidence... You can make a decision but that does not mean its the correct one.
Since you asked, I will tell you but it is against my better judgement.

I became harrased by a demon. During this time my house became haunted and my family also experienced the same or similar things that I had. At this point you are probably thinking I am crazy or delusional. I am neither. My education and work experience in engineering has caused my to think very logically. Once I came to the conclusion that demons are real I knew only God could help me and I went to a catholic priest for help. I have been a Christian for the past five years and the demon and haunted phenomena have all stopped.

Since I have become a Christian God has become incredibly real to me. My evidence is anecdotal but anecdotal evidence is not necessarily false.
 
Im pretty sure salvation comes through Jesus, its not predicated on whether or not you believe in the 6 days YEC or not.

If you don't believe God created the earth and life, then why believe God sent Jesus to save it?

How could you come to the conclusion that god is real when absolutely NO demonstrable proof exists, not one shred of evidence... You can make a decision but that does not mean its the correct one.

Can you please edit your profile page to say that you're not Christian?
 
If something can harm or expose itself to you in "reality" that implies that it has a real body, vocal abilities and more. This would then be a measurable event by even something as basic as a cell phone camera. Since more and more technology is getting into the hands of people everyday its not long before someone films one right? I mean a real good clear obvious recorded event. Where does this demon get his food? Does it sleep? Did it speak english? Did it have an 8th grade education from a US public school?

I am not trying to be "smart" but these are all points that directly effect reality. For a "ghost" to be able to push something, speak or show it self it would require a real body and real parts, namely a brain.
 
Since you asked, I will tell you but it is against my better judgement.

I became harrased by a demon. During this time my house became haunted and my family also experienced the same or similar things that I had. At this point you are probably thinking I am crazy or delusional. I am neither. My education and work experience in engineering has caused my to think very logically. Once I came to the conclusion that demons are real I knew only God could help me and I went to a catholic priest for help. I have been a Christian for the past five years and the demon and haunted phenomena have all stopped.

Since I have become a Christian God has become incredibly real to me. My evidence is anecdotal but anecdotal evidence is not necessarily false.

I believe you. And btw, you don't have to answer anyone who doesn't believe. It's a waste of time and pretty ignorant of them to say something isn't real when they clearly haven't FELT or experienced it for themselves. I've been attacked by a demon, and felt God multiple times. But I'm probably just crazy or making it up. *rollig eyes* God Bless, and you don't have to prove anything to anyone. You know the Truth.
 
This kind of debate will never convince too many of the truth. When we speak of creation we should keep it as objective and up to date as possible. For example: God claimed in (Gen 1) that he made a (7) day week, we still have and still live in a (7) day week, so that makes it up to date. God claimed that he made the stars, the moon and the sun to rule as light in their place in the firmament, and we can see that handiwork today. He claimed to make dry land appear among the waters (Seas) of the Earth (present & up to date). He claimed to make the fish of the sea, the fowl of the air, creeping things on the earth and He claimed to make man in his own image and likeness and all of this and what is mentioned in (Gen 1) is present and up to date. It can not be debated as to all that was created and exists today. God said to have made all these things mentioned in the testimony of the scriptures and they are still with us. You can not refute it and you can destroy it, but you can disagree with Moses who wrote it and attributes it as the work of God.
 
If you watched that debate and could not decipher who was telling the truth I can't help you. The evidence for the truth through real science is overwhelming and undeniable.

No offense intende Tr, but that type of help I really don't need.
 
Nothing points to a "creation" in actual science. At one time the bible was impossible to argue with because nobody had proof of other wise.

If someone could display demonstrable proof it would be Ken ham and his money. That was the absolute best that anyone could come up with as far as a proof of creation and it does not hold any water.
 
How could you come to the conclusion that god is real when absolutely NO demonstrable proof exists, not one shred of evidence... You can make a decision but that does not mean its the correct one.

Psa 53:1 To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Pro 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Looks like I am done here.
 
If something can harm or expose itself to you in "reality" that implies that it has a real body, vocal abilities and more. This would then be a measurable event by even something as basic as a cell phone camera. Since more and more technology is getting into the hands of people everyday its not long before someone films one right? I mean a real good clear obvious recorded event. Where does this demon get his food? Does it sleep? Did it speak english? Did it have an 8th grade education from a US public school?

I am not trying to be "smart" but these are all points that directly effect reality. For a "ghost" to be able to push something, speak or show it self it would require a real body and real parts, namely a brain.

The problem with your question is the presupposition of a physical body as we know it. Even scientists acknowledge that we cannot claim to acknowledge life as carbon-based alone. Also, demons are not of this world or this material universe, according to our faith. They are creatures of spirit, they are eternal and have no body. Philosophers and theologians have often wondered if they are pure intellect, meaning they interact not through vocalizations but through pure thought. So a demon does not whisper into your ear, or telepathically communicate with you, but instead interacts through pure idea. A demon tempting you to kill will not say, "Kill," but instead introduce the idea itself to your psyche.

Scripture also shows that creatures of spirit can interact with the physical world, either by "assuming" material bodies (theologians and philosophers have disagreed through the centuries whether they were there or simply placing the idea of their presence into the minds of people), or by the manipulation of energies (this is held by many theologians, and modern mystics).