Bill Wiese - 23 Minutes in Hell

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
[h=1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqufixPt2w0[/h]

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
1. Your link doesn't work.

2. Anyone who says they have seen hell, is a liar.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Apparently...

If some new guy writes a book called 24 minutes in hell,
he'd be the new expert...
and Bill Wiese would just be yesterday's news.

Ahhh... it's so hard to stay on top in the speaking circuit.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
24 minutes in Hades, the temporary abode of the dead? Or 24 minutes in Gehenna, the lake of fire, which nobody is in yet since there's been no judgement yet.

J

JB2018

A year ago, I read something on how people who have "visited" hell are actually lying about their experiences.......

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
1. Your link doesn't work.

2. Anyone who says they have seen hell, is a liar.

Hell really does exist I went there, I was cast out of my body into outer darkness,, the devil was there in the black darkness with me I realise, intense horror overwhelmed me I was so afraid I was shaking and trembling in fear so intense I fainted.

King James Version (KJV) Matthew 25:30
And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

James 2:19
Verse Concepts
You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Philippians 2:12
Verse Concepts
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hell really does exist I went there, I was cast out of my body into outer darkness,, the devil was there in the black darkness with me I realise, intense horror overwhelmed me I was so afraid I was shaking and trembling in fear so intense I fainted.

King James Version (KJV) Matthew 25:30
And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

James 2:19
Verse Concepts
You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Philippians 2:12
Verse Concepts
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;
Hello karen0123,

I believe you. I've never had a hell experience before but, I have had a heaven experience. I have watched and read several Near Death Experiences videos and books - some seem fake to me, while others seem VERY REAL.

I'm definitely a believer in Jesus Christ! All my faith and trust is in Him to save me.

Thanks for trying to warn all of us about hell. You are a blessing! :)

T

Tinuviel

I just read The Great Divorce--a story about someone who is in hell. The author admitted it to be complete fantasy only illustrating his points, and in the end the guy in the story actually finds out it was a dream...but anyway, it was quite the story. Lewis' point was "will you give up your most cherished possessions to get into heaven, or keep them and go to hell?" I really liked the story--if like is the word.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I just read The Great Divorce--a story about someone who is in hell. The author admitted it to be complete fantasy only illustrating his points, and in the end the guy in the story actually finds out it was a dream...but anyway, it was quite the story. Lewis' point was "will you give up your most cherished possessions to get into heaven, or keep them and go to hell?" I really liked the story--if like is the word.

Thoughts on this overall topic:

Creativity is Good - when it's used correctly:

I think Biblical realities should be part of our normal daily lives: we should talk about them, think about them, write songs about them, write books and stories about them... I think that's all great.

God, being the creator of all things, and thus being the foundation and source of all "creativity", has made us with certain lesser, but wonderful, creative abilities. We should use these to glorify God, and to help each other.

Creativity is bad - when it contradicts Biblical truths:

However, thinking deeply about Bible truths, and then writing a story to illustrate them (as C.S. Lewis did) is very different than making up fanciful stories and claiming they really happened to you.

I'm not aware of ANY serious students of the Bible (people who've gone through serious Biblical training, and also BELIEVE the Bible) who believe all of these fanciful stories about people visiting hell.
Why?
Because comprehensive and serious study of the Bible shows us these things cannot happen.
Why?
Because they violate the principles God has put in place to govern his creation. They are simply unbiblical.

But can't God do ANYTHING - Isn't anything possible?

Can't God do ANYTHING?
Can't God choose to do absolutely ANYTHING?
Isn't anything possible?

No.

Absolutely not.

This is a common misunderstanding.

(This is a common misunderstanding by a lot of very nice people. Misunderstanding this doesn't make you bad, and it doesn't make you stupid - it probably just makes you part of the majority, which hasn't been taught the traditional Biblical view on God's omnipotence. The traditional Biblical view on this, explained below, will instantly make logical sense, and also, you will find this is the view held THROUGHOUT church history by ALL the church fathers, and which is still taught today throughout Christendom.)

God cannot do "anything."

God cannot do anything which violates his own nature.

God cannot lie.
God cannot contradict himself.
God cannot commit any kind of sin.
God cannot, in any way, violate his own words, and violate his own nature.

This means that if God lays out certain principles in scripture, he cannot suddenly violate them, and contradict himself.

The fact God cannot do "anything" is actually a GOOD THING:

This is precisely the reason we can count on God's promises in the Bible.
God cannot lie; God cannot contradict himself; God cannot violate his own principles.
Therefore, we can have 100% confidence in every promise God makes to us.

It's good that God cannot do "anything"; it's good that he cannot lie or contradict himself.

So, let's think about this a bit deeper:
if God cannot violate his words or principles about some things (like promises to us),
then he also cannot violate his words or principles about other things (like life, death, heaven, and hell).

What if you want to believe these stories about people visiting Hell?

Go right ahead.

I'm writing to give some Biblical and logical clarification for anyone wanting that.

But if you just WANT to believe these stories... go right ahead.
I think it's a mistake, and I think study of the scripture will show these stories are just fanciful creations.
However, if you want to believe them, go right ahead.
I'm not out to get you.

T

Tinuviel

Some very good points right here (and in the rest of your post too). As a person very into creative expression these are good things to keep in mind. The Great Divorce also mentioned creativity, strangely enough :). This is a quote I wrote down from the book. It was one of the spiritual (heavenly) beings talking to a man who was an artist in life.

"When you painted on earth—at least in your earlier days—it was because you caught glimpses of Heaven in the earthly landscape. The success of your painting was that it enabled others to see the glimpses too. Light itself was your first love: you loved to paint only as a means of telling about light. Every poet and musician and artist, but for Grace, is drawn away from the love of the thing he tells, to love of the telling till, down in Deep Hell, they cannot be interested in God at all but only in what they say about Him."

Creativity is Good - when it's used correctly:

I think Biblical realities should be part of our normal daily lives: we should talk about them, think about them, write songs about them, write books and stories about them... I think that's all great.

God, being the creator of all things, and thus being the foundation and source of all "creativity", has made us with certain lesser, but wonderful, creative abilities. We should use these to glorify God, and to help each other.

Creativity is bad - when it contradicts Biblical truths:

However, thinking deeply about Bible truths, and then writing a story to illustrate them (as C.S. Lewis did) is very different than making up fanciful stories and claiming they really happened to you.

I'm not aware of ANY serious students of the Bible (people who've gone through serious Biblical training, and also BELIEVE the Bible) who believe all of these fanciful stories about people visiting hell.
Why?
Because comprehensive and serious study of the Bible shows us these things cannot happen.
Why?
Because they violate the principles God has put in place to govern his creation. They are simply unbiblical.

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
Hello karen0123,

I believe you. I've never had a hell experience before but, I have had a heaven experience. I have watched and read several Near Death Experiences videos and books - some seem fake to me, while others seem VERY REAL.

I'm definitely a believer in Jesus Christ! All my faith and trust is in Him to save me.

Hello karen0123,

I have had a heaven experience that was the first one I had, the other one I went to hell I bear witness, when I went to heaven I was told God is with you, I am writing a book about my life walking with Jesus, I love Jesus.Lafftur when God gives a person an experience of heaven or hell, it reminds me of holy scripture Luke 19, 11. 27. Tell the world of your experience. let this Holy Scripture guild you.

Luke 19:11-27 King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]11 [/SUP]And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
[SUP]21 [/SUP]For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
[SUP]23 [/SUP]Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
[SUP]24 [/SUP]And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
[SUP]25 [/SUP](And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
[SUP]26 [/SUP]For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
King James Version (KJV)

jesus loves you lafftur you have been blessed.

C

claysmithr

I think he's telling the truth. He's had a terrifying vision of hell, the current prison that will be cast into the lake of fire. Doesn't mean he was actually there.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Can't God do ANYTHING?
Can't God choose to do absolutely ANYTHING?
Isn't anything possible?

No.

Absolutely not.
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:23

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mark 10:2
This is a common misunderstanding.

(This is a common misunderstanding by a lot of very nice people. Misunderstanding this doesn't make you bad, and it doesn't make you stupid - it probably just makes you part of the majority, which hasn't been taught the traditional Biblical view on God's omnipotence. The traditional Biblical view on this, explained below, will instantly make logical sense, and also, you will find this is the view held THROUGHOUT church history by ALL the church fathers, and which is still taught today throughout Christendom.)
And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; Mark 14:36
It's good that God cannot do "anything"; it's good that he cannot lie or contradict himself.
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. Gen 6:3

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
True story.... My mom died died before my sisters/brother and I were born. She was in an old volkswagen, engine in the back, and a truck hit her head on. The top of her head twas turn off and she still has scars where they sewn part of her face back on, she went threw the dashboard. SHE WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD AT THE SEAN!!! According to my family, aunt, uncles, Grandma.... she was in the morgue and some worker saw her toe move. My mom is THE ONLY PERSON ON EARTH THAT DIED AND REMEMBERS NOTHING COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!! I wish she did we could be rich!!!!!!

No matter what the most IMPORTANT THING IS THIS HAPPENED BEFORE SHE KNEW MESSIAH, SO SHE WOULD HAVE SPENT ETERNITY IN HELL... But G-d let her last of 8 children (me) get saved and win her to Him 45 years later!!!

I agree G-d's mercy can and does get any sinner saved!!!!

As strange as it sounds, I think my mom is more correct about people who die and come back to life... They don't remember....

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thank you for posting Karen, you are a blessing.
There have been and continue to be spiritual experiences in my family, with me, and with many close friends that, while not being found in the Bible, nonetheless exhibit the goodness of G-d toward all of us, it isn't His will that any of us are lost, these experiences are a part of how reaches out to us that no one can claim the were not aware of His gift of salvation.
Bless you in Jesus name