M
Married_Richenbrachen
Guest
While reading another article on here regarding boron for joint pain, I stumbled across the link to some French noble prize nominee professor C. Louis Kervran.
What this guy claimed, is that living things can actually transmute elements into other elements (i.e. one of the definitions/objectives of alchemy, I understand). He apparently gave an example of chickens, which if fed sufficient potassium, will never suffer a calcium deficiency. He believed that somehow, the potassium was transmuted into calcium.
The reason I put this in conspiracy is that I've never heard of this before (save for a small bit on industrial cold-fusion stuff, which I believe to be true), but not as a biological reaction. Has anyone else heard of this before? Is it a conspiracy?
Biological transmutation of elements occur in living things
"As Louis Kervran pointed out, the ground in Brittany contains no calcium; however, every day a hen lays a perfectly normal egg, with a perfectly normal shell containing calcium. The hens eagerly peck mica from the soil, and mica contains potassium - a single step below calcium in the periodic table of elements. It appears that the hens may transmute some of the potassium to calcium. The following is a possible pathway, shown in simplistic form:
K39 + H1 => Ca40
Furthermore, if one tests this assumption, it is quickly shown to be true. Hens denied calcium but not potassium, stay perfectly healthy and lay perfectly normal eggs. Hens denied both potassium and calcium will be sickly and lay only soft-shelled eggs. If these sick chickens are allowed to peck only mica - which they will frantically do - everything returns to normal again."
What this guy claimed, is that living things can actually transmute elements into other elements (i.e. one of the definitions/objectives of alchemy, I understand). He apparently gave an example of chickens, which if fed sufficient potassium, will never suffer a calcium deficiency. He believed that somehow, the potassium was transmuted into calcium.
The reason I put this in conspiracy is that I've never heard of this before (save for a small bit on industrial cold-fusion stuff, which I believe to be true), but not as a biological reaction. Has anyone else heard of this before? Is it a conspiracy?
Biological transmutation of elements occur in living things
"As Louis Kervran pointed out, the ground in Brittany contains no calcium; however, every day a hen lays a perfectly normal egg, with a perfectly normal shell containing calcium. The hens eagerly peck mica from the soil, and mica contains potassium - a single step below calcium in the periodic table of elements. It appears that the hens may transmute some of the potassium to calcium. The following is a possible pathway, shown in simplistic form:
K39 + H1 => Ca40
Furthermore, if one tests this assumption, it is quickly shown to be true. Hens denied calcium but not potassium, stay perfectly healthy and lay perfectly normal eggs. Hens denied both potassium and calcium will be sickly and lay only soft-shelled eggs. If these sick chickens are allowed to peck only mica - which they will frantically do - everything returns to normal again."
Last edited by a moderator: