BioLogos?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Skovand

Aug 17, 2020
Southeastern USA
I haven't seen enough evidence myself to be an old-earth creationist, but I remember reading many years ago a scientific article that sought to find evidence and effects of a global flood on the perceived age of things via different dating methods. In the study, the researchers had sampled air from deep in a pocket of the ocean (and possibly frozen in ice? I can't recall). The study found that the air was evidence for a young earth. I wish I could provide a link to the study. It was interesting, but very technical and mostly over my head. It has stuck with me that such a global flood that is often ignored in the scientific dating of things and throws throws them into question since the possibility and effects of such a flood aren't considered.
I guess I would have to see the specific journal and read it. Here are several blogs and stuff though from the outreach I mentioned.

https://biologos.org/resources?query=flood&hierarchicalMenu[topics.lvl0]=Bible > The Flood&page=1

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I have a few there. This was more of a intro about where I am coming from as far as my faith goes. I’ll blur lines a bit within discussion frameworks but I mostly
Keep it compartmentalized and fairy marrow in subjects.
well thats your problem then.
Faith encompasses all that God created not faith in separate narrow compartments ignoring scripture.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Black sea...researchers have found evidence that it was severely flooded with mud samples showing differences in salinity. It used to be land.

marine life fossils found on himalayan mountains etc.

A lot of it is just plain obvious. The entire Pacific Ocean!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
coleancanth fish...evolutionists mistakenly thought extinct or 'evolved' but still around today, as are nautilus supposedly ancient ammonites.

people think whales used to live on land and point to seals, walruses, being so called 'missing links' that the whales lost their feet. himm and how to explain penguins? Birds that just wanted swim huh.

next step of evolution, human fish...would be interesting.

Skovand

Aug 17, 2020
Southeastern USA
well thats your problem then.
Faith encompasses all that God created not faith in separate narrow compartments ignoring scripture.
Lol. That makes no sense....

Your statement was that I should have made this in the Bible studies section.

I replied I have made other posts there but did not see the need for this one to be there since it was an inquiry if anyone here was into theistic evolution or part of the BioLogos community. So since it’s not a debate, it was a question on if anyone was part of that I had no need to place it in the Bible studies section. This post served as a introduction and reach out to like minded members.

My other statement seems to have been misunderstood by you. What I said was that I keep my posts fairly compartmentalize and may blur them a bit if needed to make a point. But I don’t debate about the flood and then jump into debating about Adam, and then jump into what paul said about marriage and then circle back to the flood. I would try to make separate threads for each one to stand on their own.