Biotin and Zinc

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
Hey everyone .
So I am taking biotin and zinc supplements for hair and nails,it's been two months now .But I am concerned since I have noticed weight gain and I haven't changed my eating habits or anything else .
My question is ,does anyone know when does biotin and zinc leave the system and stop the weight gain after I stop taking them .After few days or months ?
Thank you and God bless you all
Daniela :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
First of all, if you're eating the right foods, you don't need either biotin or zinc. From the look of your hair, you certainly don't need any help there.. lol

Secondly, it's doubtful that supplements make you gain weight. Research what foods have these minerals in them, and get off the supplements.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Hey everyone .
So I am taking biotin and zinc supplements for hair and nails,it's been two months now .But I am concerned since I have noticed weight gain and I haven't changed my eating habits or anything else .
My question is ,does anyone know when does biotin and zinc leave the system and stop the weight gain after I stop taking them .After few days or months ?
If you are looking for supplements for healthy hair and nails, my wife likes this. :)

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Hey everyone .
Hi Daniela! You could try just taking collagen for your hair and nails. I buy it in a powder form and incorporate 1 tsp a day. (Usually in a hot drink).
My nails have always been fast growing but my hair takes FOREVER!! :)

danja

Nov 28, 2014
First of all, if you're eating the right foods, you don't need either biotin or zinc. From the look of your hair, you certainly don't need any help there.. lol

Secondly, it's doubtful that supplements make you gain weight. Research what foods have these minerals in them, and get off the supplements.
hey Blue .I had an unusual hair loss although I have lots of hair still and went to the doctor who said might be an infection so he prescribed biotin ,and other supplements .It is not a matter of eating or not eating the right foods .I stopped taking these supplements few weeks ago .I noticed an increased weight gain during that time .
God bless you <3 Thanks for replying

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Hey everyone .
Biotin is water soluble; zinc (depending on what kind you are taking) is fat soluble. Meaning excess biotin you pee out and zinc is stored in fat. Neither make you gain weight, but you can get too much of anything fat soluble because your body does not automatically excrete the excess thru urine.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Biotin and Zinc; it is very unlikely these would make you gain weight D.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
gelatin tablets will make the nails grow fast, and strong. I always take it when I want my nails to grow out if they break off. it works