Bipolar and having tough time liking much less loving people at Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

godtruck

Jul 13, 2014
I am bipolar type 2 and have other issues as well. I love the Lord and want to love other believers at Church but am pretty picky and don't even like most of them much less love them. I don't want to use my illness as a cop out but am sure it doesn't help in this situation.
I can't tell you how many times people without mental illness try to tell me they know how I feel (this might be a different rant entirely). So if you don't suffer from this mental illness please don't tell me you know how I feel. Sorry for being a curmudgeon. Does anyone else with mental illness experience a similar thing with fellow believers? And yes, I've been on meds for some time now...this is as good as it gets for me in this life mentally I guess.

J

JESUSisPEACE

TO My Dear, Unmet Brother in THE LORD JESUS, THE CHRIST,
The ABSOLUTE BEST IS YET To COME, INDEED !!! And I can say that with Deep Assurance from THE ONE AND ONLY ALMIGHTY GOD, IN JESUS' PURE, STRONG, LOVING NAME, inspired & anointed by THE PRECIOUS, STRONG & WISE HOLY SPIRIT !!! For I also have "mental issues" to carry through in this earthly life... .... My name is Judith and I have severe chronic depression; passed down as one of the "generational curses" from both my parents; my dad had the same as I & my mother was bipolar; as well as my baby sister.... my son, Brunson, also has what I have; and my daughter, Anna, did, but she went to be with our/my/THE LORD GOD on 07/06/07+++ What an AWESOME EXPERIENCE that was !!! !!! !!! I have asked THE LORD for HIS MIRACULOUS HEALING TOUCH for my son & myself; as well as others who have these things to live & deal with while on this temporary earth; but as of yet, I still deal with it; but by all means, NOT BY myself.... It is THE GIFT & HELP OF THE ALMIGHTY THAT MAKES IT bearable... ... ... Besides, THE PERFECTLY PERFECT LORD GOD USES ALL of my life-trials to mold me into THE BEST OF THE BEST of who I am continually changing into, BY HIS WONDERFUL GRACE, MERCY AND LOVE !!! !!! !!!
My mother left all of us when I was about 2 1/2 yrs old...my dad sexually molested my oldest sister for years & years.....My paternal grandmother was the best thing in our lives, next to GOD, HIMSELF !!! My son, who is 37, has " Fragile X Syndrome", & cannot read nor write, has no concept of time, as well as dealing with the major depression; YET HE DEARLY AND DEEPLY LOVES THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, IN JESUS' NAME AND BLOOD.... He also knows a major amount of THE HOLY SCRIPTURES, THE HOLY BIBLE, and is one of the greatest Encouragers I have ever known... ... ...
And with much Deep GODLY LOVE AND COMPASSION, I Pray, in JESUS' NAME and POWER that you, "godtruck" WILL INDEED live to your greatest, happiest, awesome, most Blessed time of your life that you ever dreamed possible on this earth; KNOWING THAT THIS KIND COMES FROM NONE OTHER THAN GOD, HIMSELF !!! !!! !!!
Looking forward to seeing you in Heaven, Judith

N

Newt

I don't have the illness but am married to one that does. And its tough! Be praying for you!

godtruck

Jul 13, 2014
That's quite a testimony Judith.:) I want to type more of a response out of gratefulness to your gracious words but have no "gas in the tank" presently. Your spirit is sweet. Thank you!!!l
Newt, my wife has been a real champ. She's very stable mentally. I don't know how we've been married for 18 years but by the grace of God!!!! I pray your spouse is getting help. I'm sure you and my wife could compare similar notes.:p

Cherry4Christ

Nov 16, 2013
Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your testimony. Seeing you testimony encourages me to continue to push forward and triumph over depression, bipolar, and anxiety. With God I know that I will overcome it. Take care and be blessed.

JESUSisPEACE;bt10252 said:
TO My Dear, Unmet Brother in THE LORD JESUS, THE CHRIST,
The ABSOLUTE BEST IS YET To COME, INDEED !!! And I can say that with Deep Assurance from THE ONE AND ONLY ALMIGHTY GOD, IN JESUS' PURE, STRONG, LOVING NAME, inspired & anointed by THE PRECIOUS, STRONG & WISE HOLY SPIRIT !!! For I also have "mental issues" to carry through in this earthly life... .... My name is Judith and I have severe chronic depression; passed down as one of the "generational curses" from both my parents; my dad had the same as I & my mother was bipolar; as well as my baby sister.... my son, Brunson, also has what I have; and my daughter, Anna, did, but she went to be with our/my/THE LORD GOD on 07/06/07+++ What an AWESOME EXPERIENCE that was !!! !!! !!! I have asked THE LORD for HIS MIRACULOUS HEALING TOUCH for my son & myself; as well as others who have these things to live & deal with while on this temporary earth; but as of yet, I still deal with it; but by all means, NOT BY myself.... It is THE GIFT & HELP OF THE ALMIGHTY THAT MAKES IT bearable... ... ... Besides, THE PERFECTLY PERFECT LORD GOD USES ALL of my life-trials to mold me into THE BEST OF THE BEST of who I am continually changing into, BY HIS WONDERFUL GRACE, MERCY AND LOVE !!! !!! !!!
My mother left all of us when I was about 2 1/2 yrs old...my dad sexually molested my oldest sister for years & years.....My paternal grandmother was the best thing in our lives, next to GOD, HIMSELF !!! My son, who is 37, has " Fragile X Syndrome", & cannot read nor write, has no concept of time, as well as dealing with the major depression; YET HE DEARLY AND DEEPLY LOVES THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, IN JESUS' NAME AND BLOOD.... He also knows a major amount of THE HOLY SCRIPTURES, THE HOLY BIBLE, and is one of the greatest Encouragers I have ever known... ... ...
And with much Deep GODLY LOVE AND COMPASSION, I Pray, in JESUS' NAME and POWER that you, "godtruck" WILL INDEED live to your greatest, happiest, awesome, most Blessed time of your life that you ever dreamed possible on this earth; KNOWING THAT THIS KIND COMES FROM NONE OTHER THAN GOD, HIMSELF !!! !!! !!!
Looking forward to seeing you in Heaven, Judith

J

JESUSisPEACE

godtruck;bt10257 said:
That's quite a testimony Judith.:) I want to type more of a response out of gratefulness to your gracious words but have no "gas in the tank" presently. Your spirit is sweet. Thank you!!!l
Newt, my wife has been a real champ. She's very stable mentally. I don't know how we've been married for 18 years but by the grace of God!!!! I pray your spouse is getting help. I'm sure you and my wife could compare similar notes.:p
My Dear Brother, godtruck, my heart's soul & spirit soars in THE SPIRIT of GOD, HIMSELF, to read (hear) your reply !!! !!! !!! !!!! For though it seems you have no "gas in the tank" that would only mean your Spiritual Ears can Hear THE VOICE OF GOD even Clearer; for when our physical bodies are weak, our own spirit can connect with THE SPIRIT of GOD much-MUCH Better & Clearer; so in all actuality it is Better that our "flesh" be more out of the way; that our "spirit" can communicate CLOSER with "THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH; so HELP us GOD, in JESUS' NAME ... ... ...
I pray sincerely that even TODAY your spirit soars with THE SPIRIT of GOD, MORE THAN YOU EVER DREAMED POSSIBLE ON THIS EARTH !!! !!! !!! !!!!
AWAITING MORE GREAT NEWS FROM YOU, godtruck, Judith

J

JESUSisPEACE

Cherry4Christ;bt10259 said:
Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your testimony. Seeing you testimony encourages me to continue to push forward and triumph over depression, bipolar, and anxiety. With God I know that I will overcome it. Take care and be blessed.
Hi Cherry4Christ !!!! I, Judith, JESUSisPEACE, just read your sweet & gracious note !!!! I'm not used to chat sites & didn't know to look.... But at this time of 11:04 pm eastern time on 7-21-14, I wanted to connect with you & let you know I just saw it. I "feel" The Peace of our Lord God Almighty just reading it... I know we don't really know anyone unless The Holy Spirit Reveals anything to us; & the longer I know our Great Creator, the more He reveals the depth of my own soul.... quite surprising, in fact, I might add.... He's let me "know" that I have to give my own self some slack; seeing that we can't ever escape our own self, I believe people tend to be much harsher on their own selves.... But in all actuality, we humans are "made" the same & think down the same lines....... It kinda sounds silly now, but I told The Lord to always give the blessings He was offering me to someone else that needed it more....I learned different when He Showed me several times a "vision" of a circle of Christians with 2 empty spots in it, I finally "understood" what He was trying to help me "get". As I shared before, I have had to deal with a lot of depression for all of my life; but especially in my later adult years. I finally gave up saying others needed His Blessings more than I did; when He kept showing me that my particular spot was meant for no one else, but just plain 'ole me... I always knew the facts that God is all powerful, all knowing & everywhere all at the same time; but I had such a hard time applying them to me personally.... When I said, "OK, I give up & I want & need absolutely everything You've been offering me.", I just "stepped up" in the spirit & like Major WOW, I was instantly given a "new & improved" armor of God !!!!!!! I saw myself "in the spirit" & this new armor was like a much closer knit kind of material !!! !!! !!! I so extremely Needed that soooo Intensely !!! !!! !!! !!!! From that moment on, I was able to fight "the enemy" with a much more intensity, like never before !!! !!! !!! And, of course, I immediately regretted waiting so long & wasting so much valuable time !!!
Cherry4Christ, I sincerely Pray to our Lord God Almighty, in JESUS' NAME, that you have an amazing blast in your life down here on this earth; until we are united with our Lord God forever & ever !!! !!! !!! And may we connect again soon, as I look forward to "hearing" from you !!! Judith, JESUSisPEACE|||||

G

You are awesome!!!! Lots of love in the Lord!

Lunaverse

Sep 8, 2018
Hey godtruck it’s Erica. I miss you bunches!!!

Lunaverse

Sep 8, 2018
I know this. Just hopes you know. He was such a good friend. Lost contact. Hope you’re well!