Bitterness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetnshy

Sep 10, 2003
A little counseling would help greatly. I have to get some emotional counseling when I am struggling with certain issues like that. Because sometimes they are connected to something older and we don't even realize and that is why we can't let go. Self discovery clears up alot of issues we as christians face. honestly
Yeah, I had counseling in the past for depression and it helped a lot. I'll keep it in mind.

J

jmb316

I have found that when I am going through a rough period in my own life, I have to praise God that He sees me worthy of going through it. And, that I know it is something the He will use to help another in some way. I have often found myself asking," Why me Lord?" just to have Him tell me because I am able to make it through. So, I have tried to change the way I see a situation. Instead of asking why me, I find myself saying thank You for finding me worthy of this struggle.
Heb. 13:15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise- the fruit of lips that confess His name.

K

Kyra

Is there anything that we can do besides just praying?

Grieve.

D

dodolah

Is there anything that we can do besides just praying?

Grieve.
i don't have the exact verse handy right now; but, it is something to the effect of capturing ones mind and bring it under captive of Jesus Christ.
It's quite hard to do mind you.
I have dealt with bitterness.
A lot of gruesome past has happened to me since I was a little boy that will take too long to be explained here (but, basically, it involved traumatic abuse: physically and mentally. and when I say abuse.. I am not talking about spanking.. but a real abuse where it involves going to hospital. But, since I was born in 3rd world country, things like that get overlooked by the law. So, I have to endure the experience until I grow up strong enough to actually fight back. I was a messy kid back then. Lucky, Jesus Christ catch me be4 it was too late).

but, speaking from experience:
1. You need God (obviously). Without Him, there is no way for you to be able to let go.
2. You need constant obedience and prayer.
3. Slowly changing the hatred into love by healthy and constant relationship with God.
4. you need to take the focus out of yourself and into others. Volunteering, helping people, and doing selfless deeds help putting a godly perspective into your life. Suddenly, you realize that your life isn't so bad and you stop becoming the victim.
You become thankful to God and realize that harboring grudge done nothing for yourself and others.

In my case, God helped me see a perfect image of a father.
Thus, I am able to forgive my dad for countless horrible things that he did to me.
Now, I am at peace and I am in good term with my dad.
Last night, I had a dream hugging my dad and thanking him for things he did (good and bad).
I suddenly realized that he was not perfect and no matter what he is still my dad.

Hope that helps a bit.

H

heyitsme

dodolah, that is amazing picture of not only what you endured but the true testimony of God's restoration Power and Love that he has equipped you with for Your Dad!
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.