Black Death

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 7, 2012
Losing fingers and or toes is not uncommon in the case of plague. It is caused by a virus from a rat or mouse flea. Modern sanitary conditions have mostly eliminated this disease but the idea that it is punishment from God is simply wrong.

Jul 29, 2012
I never said it was punishment. I'm just showing you pestilence are on the rise. Things we once thought gone are back.

Sep 7, 2012
Lest we forget our government has SAVED such pestilence as Small Pox and diphtheria and plague for possible use at some future date, in violation of UN treaties. It is like we have the sole right to use such things. AND we complain about anyone else who might just have "weapons of mass destruction".

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Whoever told you that bubonic plague was gone?

T

TheGrungeDiva

It's also important to note that this man and a buddy were both infected by a diseased cat. The buddy got treated with antibiotics and had NO symptoms. This man did not receive treatment and nearly died. Now, due to thousands of dollars in medical bills plus months of being in the hospital, on top of needing physical therapy to learn how to walk and do various simple tasks without fingers or toes, this man is in a very bad way.

The moral of this story is, if you're bitten by a stray cat, go to the doctor. Not sure what it has to do with Christianity.

Jul 29, 2012
That's right science and government will take care of you. LOL ...

T

TheGrungeDiva

That's right science and government will take care of you. LOL ...
Well, God provided doctors with cures, so yes, they can take care of me.

And God created us as social beings, who had to rely on one another, in societies rather than as independent individuals. So yes, we take care of each other.

Still not sure what your point is? Or do you have one?

Jul 29, 2012
Neither one is your fellow man. we are growing cold to one another. We are forgetting we can help each other PERSONALLY

We all want to seat back and wait on the government to do something. You are being brain washed that we can’t do anything for ourselves.

You should never be dependent on anyone really, but if you are then it should be GOD, Family, Friends, neighbors, community

T

TheGrungeDiva

Well, God provided doctors with cures, so yes, they can take care of me.

And God created us as social beings, who had to rely on one another, in societies rather than as independent individuals. So yes, we take care of each other.

Still not sure what your point is? Or do you have one?
Neither one is your fellow man. we are growing cold to one another. We are forgetting we can help each other PERSONALLY

We all want to seat back and wait on the government to do something. You are being brain washed that we can’t do anything for ourselves.

You should never be dependent on anyone really, but if you are then it should be GOD, Family, Friends, neighbors, community
Huh?

Both doctors and other people are indeed my "fellow man" (and woman). Will you please re-read my post, which I have re-quoted above for your convenience? You will note, perhaps, that I said, in the second paragraph, "WE TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER"

How is being dependent on your community different from taking care of each other?

You and a lot of republicans, independents, and other assorted tea partiers, seem to have this crazy idea that "government" is this external force, separate from us. In a democratic republic (which is what the US is), that is not the case. WE are the government. When you say, "The community needs to take care of ..." that is exactly the same as saying, "The government needs to take care of." Government is simply how a community chooses to organize itself. That is the definition of the word.

Now, if you don't like the government you have, go change it. Vote for someone else. Stand in the streets and protest. Run for local office yourself. You can BE the change you want to see. That is more true in the US than almost any other country.

When "your guy" is in office, will that mean that government is no longer evil?

Jul 29, 2012
I'm protesting now. I'm standing up and telling you our government is high jacked by a bunch of people who has sold this country out. All they need is people like you who want to keep giving them more power until they have you locked in the system then they will unload on you as well. You will be a peasant again. A surf

The bible tells us a time is coming when you will work all day for your food, that you will be controlled and you just keep flying toward THAT LIGHT --

T

TheGrungeDiva

I'm protesting now. I'm standing up and telling you our government is high jacked by a bunch of people who has sold this country out. All they need is people like you who want to keep giving them more power until they have you locked in the system then they will unload on you as well. You will be a peasant again. A surf

The bible tells us a time is coming when you will work all day for your food, that you will be controlled and you just keep flying toward THAT LIGHT --
For the record: I am not voting for Obama this year. I agree that BOTH parties have screwed up, and BOTH parties do not deserve to be in power. And I agree that the democrats have sold the country out almost as badly as the republicans (though not quite, as evidence that celeste and others have brought forward shows).

Also, I believe you intended to say "serf," not "surf." "Surf" is at the beach. "Serf" is a peasant. Spell check wouldn't have caught that, so I'll give you a pass on that one -- like I always say, the English language is REALLY hard! Even those of us who have spoken it all our lives have trouble! I still rely on spell-check more than I should.

Jul 29, 2012
As long as you understand .. everything will be ok --

Democrats are godless people.

T

TheGrungeDiva

Democrats are godless people.
Democrats are no more godless than republicans. Sure, there are atheist democrats, but there are also a lot of devoutly religious democrats, and a lot of atheist republicans.

Anyone who thinks that it's okay for a poor person not to receive help is godless, regardless of their voting affiliation.

Jul 29, 2012
does this poor person just have their hand out because they are beating the system is the problem. Also it's no way a person that understands what the democrats stand for can be a christian and follow them

Last edited:

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Im a christian and i fully support the democratic party, so I guess like most everything else you post, youre once again wrong.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Whatever lies you spread moment

T

TheGrungeDiva

does this poor person just have their hand out because they are beating the system is the problem. Also it's no way a person that understands what the democrats stand for can be a christian and follow them
I'd have to say the same is true for republicans. No way a person that understands what the republicans stand for can be a Christian and follow them.