black friday

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you do/have you ever done the black friday shopping thing?

• YES

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • NO

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jullianna

The morning after we in the USA have dedicated an entire day to giving thanks to God for our many blessings we read that people have injured/killed one another over shopping discounts usually intended as Christmas gifts. :confused:

J

Jullianna

LOL Ritter! :)

It's great to see people shopping. I know that a lot of people really enjoy it and are behaving themselves, but ..wow.

I realize businesses need all of the help they can get right now, but it seems that people flock mainly to the big box stores offering amazing deals (knowing all along that they only have 5-10 of the sale items in stock), so the mom and pop business who really need help right now still don't benefit, do they?

And getting the most bang for your buck IS important, especially now....but a lot of people actually end up overspending. If you save money on something you don't need or never intended to buy in the first place, it's not a savings, is it? :)

Feb 10, 2008
I have been on many occasions. It's actually really kind of enjoyable for me. I'm pretty chill in general, so even being surrounded by a lot of stressed people I don't really get up tight. Mostly I go to support other people, but occasionally I do buy something.

This year it was a $15 gift for my friend's little girl and 2 t-shirts. Not exactly the typical black friday big-ticket items. But I was out at midnight then out again at 9am.

J

Jullianna

Ah...sounds like you've learned how to avoid the early AM crazies then :)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
In my opinion Black Friday is the worst shopping day of the year. I wouldn't be caught dead shopping today, every place is guaranteed to be crowded beyond belief.

Aug 2, 2009
I'm debating whether or not I should drive to my favorite electronics store. Its this huge store called Frys and I know its going to be packed and I can't afford to buy anything but I want to see what they have on sale anyway. Plus I haven't been there in awhile and I just love browsing there.

K

kayem77

This was my first black friday, it was very interesting to me to see all those crazy long lines outside of the stores, especially in electronics stores. I heard about it before, but I never experienced it by myself. I was out since 12 am with my brother, his wife and his mother in law, and we came back at 8am.

We saw the sunrise at the mall, and I ended up EXHAUSTED and hungry. We didn't see especially crazy people gladly, but I did have to wait in line outside of a clothing store next to a bunch of annoying girls maybe 3 years younger than me. They were gossiping in a extremely loud voice, and using the word ''like'' like a million times.At one point i started counting how many ''likes'' per sentence I could catch. That was a test to my patience I guess, and I'm glad I passed the test :)
Btw, I noticed that some stores had the same deals they always had, but the difference was that they made it more public, some things weren't even worth buying. But I got a pair of jeans with a 50% discount, among other things, that was awesome! :D

Aug 2, 2009
This was my first black friday, it was very interesting to me to see all those crazy long lines outside of the stores, especially in electronics stores. I heard about it before, but I never experienced it by myself. I was out since 12 am with my brother, his wife and his mother in law, and we came back at 8am.

We saw the sunrise at the mall, and I ended up EXHAUSTED and hungry. We didn't see especially crazy people gladly, but I did have to wait in line outside of a clothing store next to a bunch of annoying girls maybe 3 years younger than me. They were gossiping in a extremely loud voice, and using the word ''like'' like a million times.At one point i started counting how many ''likes'' per sentence I could catch. That was a test to my patience I guess, and I'm glad I passed the test :)
Btw, I noticed that some stores had the same deals they always had, but the difference was that they made it more public, some things weren't even worth buying. But I got a pair of jeans with a 50% discount, among other things, that was awesome! :D
That's like awesome!! You like totally rizzocked Black Friday!! :D Woot!

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

My sister my mom and i have been going shopping on black friday since i can remember. Its a tradition really, We always go the day after christmas and the day after thanksgiving... anyways for us its just something relaxing and fun for us to do together.
All three of us are pretty laid back so the madness of stressed out tense people and crowds dont effect us. We just all like being out together doing what we love to do.... shop :D

G

GreenNnice

-----
You would really LIKE a movie called Valley Girl , KayM . :D
----
Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year, I find good deals for a living, buy /sell stuff, so, I try to find the toy everyone wants and buy a whole bunch at retail and sell for double, or, triple, or quadruple the price. It's like a lot of fun (that was for KayM) . I enjoy the thrill of the hunt so to speak. The Lord leads but I love the supply and demand of things and forecasting hot toys or games or things whatever for the holidays , and am glad I am in that line of work and try to give people more in need breaks.

S

Siberian_Khatru

The morning after we in the USA have dedicated an entire day to giving thanks to God for our many blessings we read that people have injured/killed one another over shopping discounts usually intended as Christmas gifts. :confused:

Aug 2, 2009
My sister my mom and i have been going shopping on black friday since i can remember. Its a tradition really, We always go the day after christmas and the day after thanksgiving... anyways for us its just something relaxing and fun for us to do together.
All three of us are pretty laid back so the madness of stressed out tense people and crowds dont effect us. We just all like being out together doing what we love to do.... shop :D
You are the Queens of Black Friday!

I

Idaho2011

It is a shame that so many people will take their time to spend waiting in line for hours, to go to a store where someone has to work on the holiday, where that person did not sleep or slept and missed out on the true meaning of the holiday......

It is a shame that so many people will take the time at midnight to go shopping for over 6 hours or more just to get a bargain on a television.....when there is a bargain of getting the rewards of God but no one is in line for that.....

So many people have the wrong notion of the holidays.....gifts, bargains, lines, etc.....for material things...

But where are the lines for Jesus, for the love of God, for the thanks to God for all that we do have.....there should be lines across the world for that.....ye there are not....

Many are called, yet few are chosen

Jul 25, 2005
But where are the lines for Jesus, for the love of God, for the thanks to God for all that we do have.....there should be lines across the world for that.....ye there are not....
Yet there are. So I'm told the mission field is very active. I agree in that the display is ridiculous, but it is humanity. I'm through with people depressing me by being people.

"Always look on the bright side of life." *whistles

G

GreenNnice

Yet there are. So I'm told the mission field is very active. I agree in that the display is ridiculous, but it is humanity. I'm through with people depressing me by being people.

"Always look on the bright side of life." *whistles
&-----&
Yes, I think Black Friday can bring on materialism feelings , Idahoan , but , the Lord leads,babe, for believers, BF, is just like any other timez a time to appreciate time with friends on a national holiday and, perhaps, depending on the friends , be givenvs chance to witness too :)

-----oh, cool, as I type here, Ben Folds (judge on NBC SHOW 'The Sing-off') singing lead in sing-off finale show Monday prime time and words of his solo in group singing , say words, : You gave your life to Jesus Christ.

Song title maybe: you are not the same. _____

Also, that girl Stacy Francis whose father died during fox show, 'X Factor' sang amazing grace song right before eliminated a week ago wdnesday.
God is ALWAYS moving, even on two top shows in prime time . * whistles*

Anyway, not to derail the thread but Ritt, your background (barren trees) reminds me of 'The Crying Game ' :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 25, 2005
Anyway, not to derail the thread but Ritt, your background (barren trees) reminds me of 'The Crying Game ' :D
Typed it in on IMDB. Sounds like my kind of movie, lol.

J

Jullianna

very creepy movie, Green :)