Black Lives Matter Comes for "White Jesus"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
Wrestling ghosts
And invisible problems is insane

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Wrestling ghosts
And invisible problems is insane
Are you claiming that Black Racism is an "invisible problem" in view of all the riots that are taking place? Now I would call that insanity.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Well Jesus was born between Africa and Asia so there's no way he was white

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Non sequitur. Please don't assume that I am claiming Jesus is white in pointing out your logical fallacy...

K

kaylagrl

He was a Jew. But that's not what people outside the church see. And honestly, it's anti- Semitism on our part that every picture we have of Jesus looks like a white Caucasian. Therefore, "white Jesus".

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Non sequitur. Please don't assume that I am claiming Jesus is white in pointing out your logical fallacy...
I think the argument they are making is that turning Jesus white was a tool of white supremacy. That's not a logical fallacy

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I think the argument they are making is that turning Jesus white was a tool of white supremacy. That's not a logical fallacy
I did not say that was a logical fallacy. What you said was a logical fallacy.

K

kaylagrl

No, turning Jesus white was anti-Semitism since Jesus was a Jew.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus has been portrayed in a multiplicity of ethnicities...

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
No, turning Jesus white was anti-Semitism since Jesus was a Jew.
Sam Harris said
The anti-semitism that built the Nazi crematoriums brick by brick was brought to us by way of Christian ideology
I don't think he's climbing here that all Christians are not too sympathizers but that it was hundreds of years of anti-Semitism from Christians that culminated into what happened to the Jews in Germany
Also the Vatican helped Nazi war criminals escape Germany after world war II

K

kaylagrl

Sam Harris said
The anti-semitism that built the Nazi crematoriums brick by brick was brought to us by way of Christian ideology
I don't think he's climbing here that all Christians are not too sympathizers but that it was hundreds of years of anti-Semitism from Christians that culminated into what happened to the Jews in Germany
Also the Vatican helped Nazi war criminals escape Germany after world war II
Yes, unfortunately that's true, both of the Jews and of slavery. Satan sure has a way of turning people from the cross doesn't he?

M

MoonCresta

Dunno. But it sure seems like white people like to think that black people shouldn't have any rights, or that they shouldn't be in the human populace.

Blacks have been oppressed for CENTURIES and treated like nothing more than poop on the ground. All because they are seen as inferior to whites, and other such rubbish.

Black, white, red, yellow or purple.. We are all the same. We all come from one race: the human race. But lately humans are acting more like animals..
I don't care what color Jesus is - when I get to heaven I'm going to hug him and not let go!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
And honestly, it's anti- Semitism on our part that every picture we have of Jesus looks like a white Caucasian.
I believe that is not so much anti-Semitism as an effort by European painters to make Jesus appear as European as themselves (including his disciples mother, Jews, Romans, etc.).

1620423671015.png
During that time in history, Israel did not exist on earth and the Jews were in effect refugees in Europe, and did experience anti-Semitism. But the painters were simply not committed to as much realism as we would expect.

On the other hand, people who claim that Jesus was black have a racist and political agenda. And there may be underlying anti-Semitism there also.

DeanM

May 4, 2021
Yes they are all Anarchists and tainted with godless Marxist/Communist ideas of *revolution*. Which means tearing everything down and then reproducing the Soviet Union and it Gulags (or China and its concentration camps), I am simply shocked that the President of the USA is sitting back and simply allowing his country to be destroyed on his watch. There are no excuses since the buck stops with him.
Im not shocked. Biden is a puppet being controlled by the communist faction in this country that includes most of the liberal party.

May 8, 2021
Jesus was not "white" he was "Jewish" a descendant of Eve in the Garden of Eden. He was not a gentile and he referred to gentiles as "dogs'. (Matthew 15:15) As a people they have been persecuted and the Holocaust is an example of that. Today they do not go around claiming to be a victim the way BLM does. So we have yet another example of people trying to revise revision history. This is what puts people into bondage. It is the truth that sets us free. "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)
Started good, finnished poorly, Jesus created all races, and all colours through Noahs sons. Color means nothing, Jesus was brown, but created the Jews and the Gentiles. He was not racist, all races belong to HIM