Black Lives Matters?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 6, 2020
This happened during Obama's tenure and now Trump's. Why the Blue Lives feel they are above the Law is a mystery for the majority of us. But it is not right! And to say this only happens to one ethnic group would be an error of major proportions. But somewhere between putting on that Badge and hitting the Streets, they feel like they can just make up the Law as they go. Something has to be done. And what has to be done ain't gonna be pretty.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
This happened during Obama's tenure and now Trump's. Why the Blue Lives feel they are above the Law is a mystery for the majority of us. But it is not right! And to say this only happens to one ethnic group would be an error of major proportions. But somewhere between putting on that Badge and hitting the Streets, they feel like they can just make up the Law as they go. Something has to be done. And what has to be done ain't gonna be pretty.
I agree. when a police officer can feel emboldened enough to choke a man to death in broad daylight as nonchalantly as eating a sandwich, we have a problem

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Is it against the law to restrict the freedom of speech on web sites? President Trump just signed an executive order trying to protect our freedoms on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/
Is freedom of speech already a law? Yes so it must be enforced and protected. You have people being fired over what they say on social media. Or false advertising as social media when they claim to unbias but yet they have evidence against those claims.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
They? All, some or few officers? Data?

Jul 6, 2020
Is freedom of speech already a law? Yes so it must be enforced and protected. You have people being fired over what they say on social media. Or false advertising as social media when they claim to unbias but yet they have evidence against those claims.

But what is being said today is worse than ever before. We seem to be living in a Society where if I look at a person and think they are gay, whether that person is gay or not, that stigma sticks to that unfortunate person. Same thing with being a Racist. You have to be careful with what you post because like you mentioned, people are getting fired. And not just getting fired, but no one else is willing to hire you on the basis of your stupidity. It could be just a joke. But the wrong people see it, and now that stigma seems to be following you for a very long time. It's become an unreal situation in this world. Never before did we have to worry about dotting our i's and crossing our t's like we do now.

Jul 6, 2020
They? All, some or few officers? Data?

I would say the majority of Officers are trying to help humanity as a whole. But what I find most interesting, the current killings by Officers, were men/women in their late 20's to mid 30's. Not sure what is going on in that age range across the board, but there seems to be a lot of hate and disrespect towards everyone outside of their circles.

Dec 30, 2019
But somewhere between putting on that Badge and hitting the Streets, they feel like they can just make up the Law as they go.
Long before they decided to become a policeman they were trained in the military to kill. They need better training. They need to be trained to have respect or regard for human life. Look at John McCain. He had no problem dropping napalm on innocent children. They considered him a hero even though he was a war criminal.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I agree. when a police officer can feel emboldened enough to choke a man to death in broad daylight as nonchalantly as eating a sandwich, we have a problem
The original autopsy did say heart attack. He also had covid which is known to mess with breathing. And he had Fentanyl in his system which medically is used to help lower breathing. Plus a mixture of other drugs including meth that was the reason to believe the influence on the heart attack.

But despite that. The officer did use excessive force. As to why the private autopsy changed the reason of death is strange and uncommon among coroners.

But you speak of a problem. Are you meaning this one incident? A few? Or the whole system is corrupt?

Jul 6, 2020
Long before they decided to become a policeman they were trained in the military to kill. They need better training. They need to be trained to have respect or regard for human life. Look at John McCain. He had no problem dropping napalm on innocent children. They considered him a hero even though he was a war criminal.

Unfortunately, any form of training sticks with you. My Uncle was a very good and life long martial artist who taught us many things as we were growing up. And all of it was about preserving and protecting our self. When I enlisted, many of those same moves were reversed from a defensive point of attack to an offensive. Basically, just go and remove the obstacle in front of you before they can make a move towards you. And still to this day, I have difficulty between reacting offensively vs defensively. So I definitely see your point of view and find it extremely valid.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Again, a private owned media corporation is under no obligation to honor your free speech
you have Free speech but a private owned Media company is not obligated to give you a platform
Also Free speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences
A company reserves the right to fire you if you say something on social media that paints them in a negative light as you represent them

Dec 30, 2019
Unfortunately, any form of training sticks with you. My Uncle was a very good and life long martial artist who taught us many things as we were growing up.
I went through basic training. The best defense is to use their energy or attack against them. They teach you with a little bit of a twist to screw them up if you want to hurt them. There is no need to hurt people, we just need to defend ourselves from them hurting us. My son studied martial arts and he showed me a film of a 80 year old master that had five of his students attacking him. He kept deflecting them one after the other and it was almost effortless for him because he used their energy and not his. I sold knives for 20 years and was never worried because I know how easy it would be to take a knife away from someone if I needed to.

Mar 4, 2020
Again, a private owned media corporation is under no obligation to honor your free speech
you have Free speech but a private owned Media company is not obligated to give you a platform
Also Free speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences
A company reserves the right to fire you if you say something on social media that paints them in a negative light as you represent them
I agree that freedom of speech is only a concept guaranteed by the constitution and not private entities. In other words, the government can't charge someone for what they they say, but neither can a private entity.

Where you are wrong is by saying that because a private entity doesn't like what someone says that they have authority to give someone consequences. Notice the difference between the word authority and ability.

Why would someone have the right to form a mob, harass, shame, guilt trip, etc someone for saying something they don't like? Using fear, intimidation, and coercion to control what someone says is actually textbook fascism and it is certainly a spreading cancer in our society.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
mr. floyd and the officer knew each other and worked together at a nightclub.

so, as wrong and sick as it was, it was way most likely not a random encounter.

L

lenna

There is a library in Heaven that has all wisdom, all knowledge. Our angels can go back and forth so with God we have the answer for every question and the solution for every problem. I never said that Google is the source for all truth. I am VERY careful the words I use because God watches over what I say. "For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." (Matthew 12:37) I love to joke around but with God we have to be very careful that we always proclaim the truth. "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." (Matthew 12:36)
I think you have been presented with enough truth in this thread and possibly forum, to have no more excuses for the errors you espouse.

L

lenna

You typically find more racism in the religious crowd than in the secular
Other than the fact that the left would like to annihilate all things religion and not just Christianity?

yeah and that is not a red herring either

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I agree that freedom of speech is only a concept guaranteed by the constitution and not private entities. In other words, the government can't charge someone for what they they say, but neither can a private entity.

Where you are wrong is by saying that because a private entity doesn't like what someone says that they have authority to give someone consequences. Notice the difference between the word authority and ability.

Why would someone have the right to form a mob, harass, shame, guilt trip, etc someone for saying something they don't like? Using fear, intimidation, and coercion to control what someone says is actually textbook fascism and it is certainly a spreading cancer in our society.
What I mean is freedom of speech doesn't protect you from what happens after you exercise said freedom of speech
Imagine if I went on Facebook posting pro-nazi stuff. My employer would have every right to fire me, as having a Nazi on his payroll but look bad for his company

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
But what is being said today is worse than ever before. We seem to be living in a Society where if I look at a person and think they are gay, whether that person is gay or not, that stigma sticks to that unfortunate person. Same thing with being a Racist. You have to be careful with what you post because like you mentioned, people are getting fired. And not just getting fired, but no one else is willing to hire you on the basis of your stupidity. It could be just a joke. But the wrong people see it, and now that stigma seems to be following you for a very long time. It's become an unreal situation in this world. Never before did we have to worry about dotting our i's and crossing our t's like we do now.
As to why companies should not be able to fire you over free speech especially on your own time. You can be a Nazi but our country protects the right to conscience as long as you don't break the laws of the land. Job hiring should be at most maybe a background check. But we still have the first amendment. It just needs Constitutional judges and constitutionally understand public to defend it and enforce it.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
It is against the law to incite to riot. We are held accountable for our speech.
Speech isn't against the law. Unlawful actions are. If your in China then yes speech against the government is against the law.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I would say the majority of Officers are trying to help humanity as a whole. But what I find most interesting, the current killings by Officers, were men/women in their late 20's to mid 30's. Not sure what is going on in that age range across the board, but there seems to be a lot of hate and disrespect towards everyone outside of their circles.
Thanks for the clarification. Why is it interesting? Look at each case to determine guilt or innocence. 90% of cases deserve the outcome under the law.